A few Mistweaver QoL changes (pvp)

90 Night Elf Priest
The main reason that we don't make responses in the class forum is because if we post in the forum of class A, then classes B through K will start complaining about favoritism or something similar. While we may not post in threads on the class forums, we do pay attention to the opinions and feedback presented there.

We've been lied to! Get to the Priest forum immediately, blue poster.
Reply Quote
8 Worgen Rogue
Daxxarri Could you please look into the issue of Rogues Stealth Breaking. My lvl 90 has it happen somewhat often. Not particularly during fights either.

Also since Rogues can be trapped by a number of other classes with Rooting, Fearing, Stunning etc. When we get hit by those things, other players can pound on us, and kill us while we're trapped. That's all cool and all that but Could you ask Blizz to please give the Rogues something. Our Blind is next to useless in most pvp, since anyone who so much as touches a player who's been blinded, breaks the spell and the player's up and running with only the minor inconvenience of having been blinded for about 4 seconds.
Edited by Rugy on 12/11/2012 12:00 AM PST
Reply Quote
100 Human Rogue
Monsters Inc. reference?

ummmmmm....

I LOVE IT
Reply Quote
90 Pandaren Monk
>>>>Have Chi Torpedo healing be affected by spell power rather than be a static amount

>>>>Have Rushing Jade Wind be either a targeted AOE or a true AOE,and be affected by spell power

These both already scale with SP. Actually, technically, they scale with AP, but since AP = 2xSP for a Mistweaver, it amounts to the same.

They don't scale. Test it out in WW and MW gear---they heal for the same amount.
Reply Quote
90 Pandaren Monk
The main reason that we don't make responses in the class forum is because if we post in the forum of class A, then classes B through K will start complaining about favoritism or something similar. While we may not post in threads on the class forums, we do pay attention to the opinions and feedback presented there.

We've been lied to! Get to the Priest forum immediately, blue poster.

To be fair, that was an EU CM.

Daxxarri Could you please look into the issue of Rogues Stealth Breaking. My lvl 90 has it happen somewhat often. Not particularly during fights either.

Also since Rogues can be trapped by a number of other classes with Rooting, Fearing, Stunning etc. When we get hit by those things, other players can pound on us, and kill us while we're trapped. That's all cool and all that but Could you ask Blizz to please give the Rogues something. Our Blind is next to useless in most pvp, since anyone who so much as touches a player who's been blinded, breaks the spell and the player's up and running with only the minor inconvenience of having been blinded for about 4 seconds.

And here, the very next post, proving exactly why they usually don't post here in class forums.

Rugy, what part of your post is about MW's PvP or the changes that are upcoming in 5.2, hmm? What does any of what you have posted matter to monks at all?
Reply Quote
100 Blood Elf Paladin
i love how i see all u alliance people talkin bout monks needing a change l2 play ur toon imo nothing wrong with the monks at all only thing i would suggest would be for a pve raid cooldown as all other healing classes have a aoe cooldown that hits and ticks for more then 100k tick and thats referring to revival 3min cd for a 1 time 100k heal thats jus retarded and should be fixed imo.! at least granted another cooldown for the raid wise
Reply Quote
90 Human Monk
12/11/2012 11:23 AMPosted by Pvpslayer
i love how i see all u alliance people talkin bout monks needing a change l2 play ur toon imo nothing wrong with the monks at all only thing i would suggest would be for a pve raid cooldown as all other healing classes have a aoe cooldown that hits and ticks for more then 100k tick and thats referring to revival 3min cd for a 1 time 100k heal thats jus retarded and should be fixed imo.! at least granted another cooldown for the raid wise

what that guy said, WW Monk are !@#$ing strong if well played... most people just suck at them cause they require a higher skill cap than most classes that just requires you to be brain dead or mentally afk. cheer up for the monks !
Reply Quote
So i had made a suggestion that chi torpedo be buffed. Reason why: In pvp chi torpedo is usable while silenced, aka roll, often times i have been feared during a chi torpedo, and i return to the spot that i started. i would also like to have a way to stay out of fear/cc because currently we have nothing. I feel like chi torpedo is a great PVP spell but its just not on par with other spells. Maybe have chi torpedo make you imuune for 3 sec or so, nothin OP, but just on par with tremor totems/etc.
Reply Quote
90 Night Elf Hunter
Can you fix the pet quests, so i can have more then 2 please?
Reply Quote
90 Pandaren Monk
12/11/2012 11:37 AMPosted by Shegekix
Can you fix the pet quests, so i can have more then 2 please?

This has nothing todo with the thread's topic. Please post in the bug forums.
Edited by Velvetremedy on 12/11/2012 11:53 AM PST
Reply Quote
90 Human Monk
I'm a Pandaren, so you'll have to excuse me for being gluttonous, but I want something else, Daxx!
Besides those wonderful changes already mentioned, I feel that - for the sake of tank/single target healing/spot healing - we need a Glyph which forces our Statue to heal out current target, instead of acting as a smart heal.
There have been times when I'm healing the tank and I actually have to cease channeling soothing and then start again just so the beam focuses the target I'm healing just because he'd been hit by a sudden burst.
I feel that this would be an extremely powerful and useful glyph that would help with the current single issues in both PvE and PvP.

Yours Faithfully,

Suntzu, The Art of Warcraft.
Reply Quote
The following changes are currently on the table for 5.2:

• Life Cocoon will be undispellable and won’t interrupt the cast at the end of the effect (and players will also be able to jump as well).
  • We’re working to resolve the issues with Renewing Mist not being able to be used while mounted, though it will dismount the caster after it is cast.
  • Soothing Mist will no longer be able to be Purged, so it will work in a manner similar to the Priest's Penance. It will still be considered a periodic heal.

Haha. How could you guys not have the foresight to see that none of these abilities should be dispellable when you have a ridiculously powerful healer like resto shaman with a spammable purge?

Then you hand it to us 6 months down the road and we're supposed to say thanks.

You guys are slow blizzard. I mean that in every sense.
Reply Quote
90 Undead Monk
I'm watching you, Wazowski. Always watching. Always.

Reminds me on number 1 on Monster's Inc (no i'm not 12. 20 :D)

Edit: I just saw wazowski............i feel so dumb now
Edited by Havocz on 12/11/2012 5:59 PM PST
Reply Quote
90 Gnome Monk
Any plans to do something about the fact that a single person can out DPS a MW's healing alone?

I've had it happen to me and I've done it as well, hardly inspires confidence.
Reply Quote
1 Troll Druid
12/10/2012 11:59 PMPosted by Rugy
Our Blind is next to useless in most pvp,

this is why you're losing at rogue
Reply Quote
100 Worgen Death Knight
This guy is awesome!
Reply Quote
90 Human Death Knight
quick question. why can monks LC be used when flag carrying but hunters cant deter, pallies cant bubble. not only that but you can also cause damage when in one. while in BoP and deter u cant. just u know a question
Reply Quote
100 Pandaren Monk
But most of all my MW monk needs something to live when he has 2 dps on him, torpedo is down and no LOS options and every cast is getting interrupted.

Are you suggesting that you - or any other healer, for that matter - should be able to survive a 2v1 against dedicated damage dealers by yourself?

Because that makes no sense to me, at all. That's like saying the medic should be able to take down 2 Navy SEALs by himself, just because...

When every other healer can?
Yes.
That's the world of warcraft we currently live in, so yes.

As for chi torpedo: I just tested it. Took off my weapon: 30k. Put weapon on: 37k. No number variance, so I gained a solid 7k from it.
Edited by Astråios on 12/12/2012 4:21 AM PST
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)

Reported!

[Close]