Brawlers Guild: Where is everyone?

90 Orc Shaman
This is more pointed to the CRZ nature of the Brawlers Guild. The first few days were pretty crazy and hectic- the zone was at max capacity and people were having to wait almost two hours between fights. While the wait itself wasn't very fun, it was very entertaining to be part of the crowd and alternating between heckling and cheering whoever was in the ring. Since the recent rebalancing of the CRZ zone I rarely see more than fifteen people at peak hours.

While the decreased wait time is nice, its also causing an issue that was solved with having so many people in the zone: lack of buffs. As you progress through Brawlers Guild, you start needing to put out more and more damage to meet the tight enrage timers (recently buffed Battletron is a big offender in this case), and with only a handful of people in the zone its almost impossible to get a full set of raid buffs. One way to get around this would be to have NPC's you can interact with/pay to buff you before entering the ring.

Thoughts?
Reply Quote
100 Pandaren Warrior
1. Clear buffs when you get ported into the pit, extend the time before the fight by like 5 seconds to compensate for rebuffing

2. Balance around not having full raid buffs. Cough Battletron.

Or add full raid buff auras to the pit, like the raid dummies on beta. Would still prefer the former.

3. Add some sort of optional CRZ spectator thing.

4. Let me back in the party room upstairs!

Those are all the changes I'd want.
Edited by Ðemolition on 12/10/2012 5:25 AM PST
Reply Quote
90 Worgen Druid
Was only in there once and I enjoyed watching Bruce chomp people, but it didn't really hold my interest enough for me to really go back any time soon. Too much other !@#$ to do. So, on a personal note, that's why I haven't been back.
Reply Quote
90 Tauren Druid
I don't bother anymore. If I could see city chat I might hang in the lines, but sitting there with nothing to do can't hold my interest. At the least let me see city chat so if and when a raid group is looking for a PUG I can join them or even better, let me que and walk out of the zone while I wait.
Reply Quote
94 Gnome Mage
Look into the addon Tradeforwarder. I haven't tried it yet but as I understand it, it will do exactly what you want, Steve.
Reply Quote
100 Orc Shaman
HC

You don't need full raid buffs, you just need to have at least full LFR gear and not be bad.
Reply Quote
90 Blood Elf Priest
12/10/2012 11:15 AMPosted by Sensations

You don't need full raid buffs, you just need to have at least full LFR gear and not be bad.

Caster specs that need to stand still constantly* to do halfway decent DPS kind of are !@#$ed and indeed do need buffs and a fairly high ilvl to beat Battletron's enrage.

*i.e. not Elemental.
Reply Quote
90 Night Elf Rogue
"You don't need full raid buffs, you just need to have at least full LFR gear and not be bad." - Player with Bloodlust
Reply Quote
100 Orc Shaman
HC

Caster specs that need to stand still constantly* to do halfway decent DPS kind of are !@#$ed and indeed do need buffs and a fairly high ilvl to beat Battletron's enrage.

*i.e. not Elemental.

Considering those classes that you claim need to stand still have killed it, I would say it's more of an l2play issue.

"You don't need full raid buffs, you just need to have at least full LFR gear and not be bad." - Player with Bloodlust

Considering those classes that you claim need to stand still have killed it, I would say it's more of an l2play issue, continue to be in denial though it's fitting ;).
Edited by Sensations on 12/10/2012 12:13 PM PST
Reply Quote
90 Blood Elf Priest
Reading is hard.
Reply Quote
90 Blood Elf Paladin
<---- Dirt poor
Reply Quote
100 Orc Shaman
HC
12/10/2012 12:57 PMPosted by Nixx
Reading is hard.

Doesn't mean what you said is right, not to mention the subjective statements that could have any meaning. Keep going though.
Reply Quote
90 Human Priest
12/10/2012 01:34 PMPosted by Sensations
Reading is hard.

Doesn't mean what you said is right, not to mention the subjective statements that could have any meaning. Keep going though.

Doesn't change the fact that you're still wrong. I challenge you to do this without moving in LFR gear without a Sha-touched weapon and using heroism. Because you can't. But by all means, prove the masses wrong.
Reply Quote
100 Undead Priest
12/11/2012 11:10 AMPosted by Hygeia

Doesn't change the fact that you're still wrong. I challenge you to do this without moving in LFR gear without a Sha-touched weapon and using heroism. Because you can't. But by all means, prove the masses wrong.

No ascendance either and then you are on the same level as S.Priests who have literally no burst DPS cooldowns.

12/10/2012 12:11 PMPosted by Sensations
Considering those classes that you claim need to stand still have killed it, I would say it's more of an l2play issue.

Considering that most people who've killed it did before his health nearly doubled I'd say what you are talking about is a l2belessignorant issue. Be less ignorant about the buffs this mob has received (nearly double HP) as well as less ignorant about class mechanics (Shadow Priests can't DPS and move and don't have any burst CDs)
Reply Quote
90 Worgen Druid
Spriest and boomkin are forced to burn cooldowns for the first 3/4 - 4/5 of battle trons health and then widdle him down from there just before enrage wipes them. It requires a hefty item level and even some good rng on crits. It's not easy to survive through 3 - 4 entire WAVES of mines that do more than your health bar in damage.

As boomkin I have to to the following:

1. Natures virgil to survive the first waves of mines BARELY... It's possible to die if your direct damage doesn't keep you up

2. barkskin + remaining natures virgil the second wave

3. use rejuv and cenarion ward along with ursocs might BOOSTED healthstone the third wave

4. sybiosed cloak of shadows (or warlocks unending resolve) the fourth wave

From here you just rejuv yourself and run around moonfire/sunfire spam with the occasional wrath/starsurge while hoping you can beat the enrage, avoid setting off too many bombs (thus dieing), and keep yourself up with rejuv/cenarion ward. It's insane and I've only gotten it to ~15% in my best attempts.

I'm not willing to wait for RNG crit gods to line up a possible kill for me while constantly begging for buffs and healthstones because you literally need it all to do the boss as boomkin and probably Spriest as well. I could reforge more mastery and crit to gain another small advantage but thats getting ridiculous and I've just lost interest in brawl altogether due to battletron.
Reply Quote
90 Pandaren Monk
Idk what server or battlegroup you're in but on my server the rares are still being camped 24/7 and the BMAH invites are still going for over 60k by the time the auctions are done. I haven't been in there since I did the shieldwall side quest thing but it must be pretty packed still.

I would bet my next 2 paychecks the minimum bid for BMAH invites is going to go up as time goes on and people stop buying them to at least 35-40k since the whole point of this is to remove gold from the economy.

Blizzard makes a big fcking stink about making sure everyone gets to see all the hard work their devs put into the game then they lock almost an entire major content patch behind a huge gold sink. GG.
Reply Quote
93 Draenei Paladin
It was busy at first because of that quest that sends you to the guild. Everyone's done that quest now so fewer people go.

Then when people find out how much it costs to participate, well...
Reply Quote
100 Troll Priest
Got mine off the black market for about 1k a few days ago. Were pretty low pop and I guess not tons of people cared considering the rewards, include boa fist weapons that only scale to 85 I think( omg only my monk can use em)( and he can double maces anyway) and a pet.Also remember its account wide.

Considering that more are listed for cheap in the black market on a daily basis, and that rank 7s can get an invitation, I expect prices to drop on every server. Slowly on larger pop servers, but they are already rock bottom on whatever Malorne is part of.

Of course the rares were murdered for about a week non stop, and the bm prices were over 10k, but like I said, due to low pop, the people that cared a ton, got theirs already. I can actually find the rares up somtimes (not that I can kill them solo really). Some people cheaper than me I guess and refuse to shell out even 1k, and gotta get theirs from farming rares. (I think they give 400 rep also).
Edited by Zharshoul on 12/12/2012 7:11 PM PST
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)

Reported!

[Close]