A bodygaurd for Anduin?

90 Human Warrior
Considering his habit for getting into trouble combined with the reality of being the crown prince of Stormwind would it make sense to assign Anduin Wrynn a bodygaurd?

And if so, who?
Reply Quote
90 Human Paladin
12/09/2012 09:48 PMPosted by Egrem
Valeera should serve as Anduin's bodyguard. With all the trouble he gets into he could certainly use one.
Reply Quote
89 Undead Warlock
Valeera Sanguine, clearly.
Reply Quote
I believe he *HAD* a bodyguard, but they died in the ship crash.

Then Varian sent a new guard after him, and he mind controlled those people and sent them away.

Not sure why Varian hasn't assigned new guards. Possibly, he's just given up.
Reply Quote
89 Undead Warlock
Taylor was supposed to be his body guard. He did a terrible job at it.
Reply Quote
90 Undead Death Knight
Req
Perhaps we the players would be his bodyguard? I mean we've already quested for him once before, even us Horde players did. I think his mind controlling abilities would serve well in this situation.
Reply Quote
90 Draenei Death Knight
He should go back to hanging around Velen, lord knows nothing bad will happen to him in the Exodar. And on the "off chance" they do go out (since Velen has left the Exodar what 3 times?), he is one of if not the most powerful priest around.
Reply Quote
90 Human Warrior
Sanguinar definitely should have been his bodyguard with him acting awkward around her and perhaps a budding romance.
Reply Quote
89 Undead Warlock
12/10/2012 09:14 AMPosted by Delzoun
(since Velen has left the Exodar what 3 times?)

Well, he went to Bloodmyst once, once to Teldrassil, once to Quel'Danas, once to Stormwind and once to Swamps of Sorrow.

He's gotten around more than Genn and Gelbin has.
Edited by Ximothy on 12/10/2012 9:46 AM PST
Reply Quote
90 Dwarf Death Knight
Named DK NPC's in Lore don't show up much and could use some more representation.

I think a broodish, perpetually depressing, somewhat pessimistic, but tough as nails Death Knight should be tapped since his more mortal bodyguards have a penchant for dying. It could add some flair and give Anduin a personality foil. If he acts too swiftly, Anduin is there to dispel the diseases showing off the priest side of things, his healing spells could cause him pain giving Anduin a "sometimes you must hurt people to help them" abject lesson when keeping his own personal tank up, and the dour realistic mood of said DK could be a check against Anduin's rampant optimism, the the occasional debate as to what unholy power means and if it should be used could be entertaining.
Reply Quote
90 Draenei Warrior
Yeah, let's trust a traitorous blood-elf harpy with the life of the crown prince. I have a better idea, we send her back to Silvermoon in bits and find someone else.
Reply Quote
85 Tauren Shaman
12/10/2012 10:26 AMPosted by Kaioon
Yeah, let's trust a traitorous blood-elf harpy with the life of the crown prince. I have a better idea, we send her back to Silvermoon in bits and find someone else.

Finally someone speaking sense!
Reply Quote
90 Human Warrior
Kaioon never speaks sense.

I don't think of Valeera as a traitorous blood-elf harpy, more of a blood elf who realizes the might of Wrynn and joins the winning side.

All hail Wolf-God High King Varian Wrynn.
Reply Quote
90 Orc Warrior
They could always introduce a new character. A Draenei Vindicator or Priest (For more added fun and hilarity just maker it a her and a shadow priest.) If it was a priest then it would be interesting for someone to teach Anduin some shadow magic. It could also just be someone who is not going to be susceptible to lousy mind control.
Reply Quote
90 Human Warlock
Anduin already uses shadow magic. When he's following you he casts SW:P on enemies.
I say give Thassarian something to do that doesn't involve botching military campaigns. Let him serve as Anduin's bodyguard.
Reply Quote
90 Draenei Warrior
Death Knights are not nannies. They go through withdrawal when they're not causing pain, so they should always be situated on or near a battlefield. Death Knights are like (un) living weapons.

Though it would be fun to have one playing Hound to Anduin's Joffrey.

As amusing as that would be, his body guard should be a human. He's the crown prince of stormwind, Humanity's heir..maybe someone assigned by SI:7. Elite, with loyalty beyond question.
Reply Quote
90 Human Paladin

Valeera swore to protect Anduin with her life, threw herself into harm's way to save him on multiple occasions, and even gave him a little training on how to fight.
Reply Quote
90 Human Mage
12/10/2012 10:26 AMPosted by Skytotem

Finally someone speaking sense!

That's not sense. That's angered judgment.
Reply Quote
90 Human Warlock

You realise that she was a child during the scourging of QT and then tossed into a Horde prison before being sold as a gladiator?

She owes no allegiance to the Horde and has spent most of her time chasing after Varian (she was touted early in the comic as being a possible love interest). If anything she is quite possibly the only Alliance version of the Kor'kron since she bluntly states that her allegiance is only to the Wyrnn family and NOT the Alliance.
Reply Quote
90 Dwarf Death Knight
Death Knights are not nannies. They go through withdrawal when they're not causing pain, so they should always be situated on or near a battlefield. Death Knights are like (un) living weapons.

Though it would be fun to have one playing Hound to Anduin's Joffrey.

As amusing as that would be, his body guard should be a human. He's the crown prince of stormwind, Humanity's heir..maybe someone assigned by SI:7. Elite, with loyalty beyond question.

I by no means am suggesting Anduin be nannied. He seems to have a real desire to emerge from his sheltered life and be a part of the sometimes gritty and dangerous world out there and a death knight would have more than enough pain to inflict in the course of his duties protecting the young prince while contrasting personality traits to make for good banter and character development. Also, there is an underground fight club in Stormwind for pain junkies to get their fix during prolonged domestic engagements so I don't see the problem.

I think SI:7 works better as a foil to Varian than Anduin. Where he is more head on, SI:7 is subtle and manipulative. Anduin can already be pretty manipulative and subtle in a diplomatic way so it would just be too similar in scope to be compelling.
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]