Most embarrassing moment as a resto lol

85 Night Elf Druid
So I just got out of a wsg match. Normally there are at least 3-4 bots in every game i play, they usually do pretty well too. This game started and i was the only one out the door so i think to myself "great bunch of scrubs again awesome" well i capped the flag once and then i started kiting their pallies and warriors cuz i was bored. For most of the game i was doing good, keeping my team up and getting myself killed twice. I kited these horde for the longest time thinking my team was gonna get them, i kept emoting things to them to piss them off. Then i realize that my whole team is dead, the horde turn on me and i die. Then we i rez, i noticed that every single member on my team was a bot. They all sat right next to the GY moving around slowly in a circle cuz they were all on follow lol needless to say i felt so very very stupid lol
Reply Quote
100 Tauren Druid
My stupid moments are endless.

Most recent one is due to having Transmogged both my resto and guardian sets to Nordrassil... so the only visual difference is the weapon.

I'm a goody bag addict and can rarely refuse to run a quick heroic if I see the icon next to either tank or healer spot... especially if it means I can get out of weeding the carrots or some other inane activity...

So I click on tank/resto in my guardian gear and spec. I get resto, and respec quickly and somehow I'm convinced I've properly hit the wardrobe change as well. First few pulls happen and it's a pretty bad pug, with dps standing in bad and tank not holding aggro... and I go oom after a few pulls. I bitterly whine about how their foolishness is making me spend all my mana keeping them alive, when I realize I am wearing a staff (e.g. not my healing mace and oh-so-sexy fan OH)..... I say nothing further and procede to heal more easily using resto gear.

Example 2 for a quick guild run. "Tok, come tank for us". "Sure!" I pop into bear (this right after healing in an LFR) and this time remember to equip my bear gear....

I pop into bear form and there are only three buttons on my bar... thank god swipe at least being one of them. After the first pull where nobody died, I quietly respec while still in bear form to Guardian, saying nothing of course in vent.... Fortunately our OP Disc healer hadn't noticed anything unusual in the first pull...
Edited by Tokhar on 12/10/2012 9:20 AM PST
Reply Quote
90 Night Elf Druid
I went through like 4 arenas as Feral in Resto gear. After screaming in vent each time wondering why my damage was literally comparable to a slug...I finally stayed out of Feral long enough to see my weapon was different, thus realizing I was in the wrong gear. Embarrassing stuff!
Reply Quote
90 Tauren Druid
i ran full raids with my guild cape on, wondering why my dps was lower than usual >< same with a fishing pole, but that was only for a boss or 2
Reply Quote
85 Night Elf Druid
My stupid moments are endless.

Most recent one is due to having Transmogged both my resto and guardian sets to Nordrassil... so the only visual difference is the weapon.

I'm a goody bag addict and can rarely refuse to run a quick heroic if I see the icon next to either tank or healer spot... especially if it means I can get out of weeding the carrots or some other inane activity...

So I click on tank/resto in my guardian gear and spec. I get resto, and respec quickly and somehow I'm convinced I've properly hit the wardrobe change as well. First few pulls happen and it's a pretty bad pug, with dps standing in bad and tank not holding aggro... and I go oom after a few pulls. I bitterly whine about how their foolishness is making me spend all my mana keeping them alive, when I realize I am wearing a staff (e.g. not my healing mace and oh-so-sexy fan OH)..... I say nothing further and procede to heal more easily using resto gear.

Example 2 for a quick guild run. "Tok, come tank for us". "Sure!" I pop into bear (this right after healing in an LFR) and this time remember to equip my bear gear....

I pop into bear form and there are only three buttons on my bar... thank god swipe at least being one of them. After the first pull where nobody died, I quietly respec while still in bear form to Guardian, saying nothing of course in vent.... Fortunately our OP Disc healer hadn't noticed anything unusual in the first pull...

Lol I have had so many of these moments. Realizing that, while indeed the group did suck, I was still in my completely awful feral set and it's no wonder I was oom the entire run lol
Reply Quote
5 Tauren Druid
12/10/2012 09:19 AMPosted by Tokhar

I believe a lot of casters have very few spells on their animal bars, usually Stampeding Roar and Dash is there and that's about it. The other buttons are stuff like moonfire and rejuve.
Reply Quote
100 Tauren Druid
Usually gear related.

Worst was an HoF LFR a couple weeks back. Came into a run at Blade Lord. As I always do, I temporarily pop into Tree form, just to make sure I'm actually in Resto spec (a habit I picked up after too many LFR/LFD where it's not until after the pull that I realize I can't cast Lifebloom).

Fight gets going, I'm lifeblooming, wild growthing ... you know, doing my druid thing. But then around the second wind step or whatever it's called, I'm OOM. I shrug, and innervate keeps me going for a bit longer.

Die during the wind tunnel transition.

Pop open recount. Notice that I'm not in the top three for healing. Not even in the top ten. I'm below the tank for healing done.

Yup, I'm wearing Kitty gear.

On the positive side, my Crit rating was really high.
Reply Quote
100 Tauren Druid
12/11/2012 01:28 AMPosted by Arborvitae

I believe a lot of casters have very few spells on their animal bars, usually Stampeding Roar and Dash is there and that's about it. The other buttons are stuff like moonfire and rejuve.

I actually do that on purpose as a sort of "visual forced reminder" that I'm in the wrong spec. It meant more before MOP, since now we actually don't have much more than three buttons for an off spec form...
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]