camping acroniss are ya?

90 Draenei Hunter
I just wanted to say thanks blizz for making something terrible even worse. The only thing better than camping a rare pet for hours, is having to do it against 10 other hunters from cross realms. The best part is the rare getting killed each spawn because multiple hunters fighting over tag = dead rare, repeatedly. good job guys.
Reply Quote
90 Troll Hunter
Isn't Acroniss the same model as non-rares in Borean Tundra?

edit: apparently it's red instead of purple.

Oh well, only advice is that rare pets are rare; Rarer than they used to be, but at least something like Acroniss (as opposed to Spirit Beasts) does not have a unique family of only rare pets.
Edited by Melhunt on 12/10/2012 5:49 AM PST
Reply Quote
If it was easy and everyone had it the pet wouldnt be "Rare" So !@#$ and keep fighting for it
Reply Quote
90 Troll Hunter
There are also a bunch of other neat rares in Silithus. Try picking up the damaged Silithid bosses, they are pretty cool.
Reply Quote
100 Troll Hunter
I went for a Spirit of the North. Not a rare...but still a pain to tame.
Reply Quote
90 Pandaren Hunter
I had camped three hours before I tamed him. Which I don't think it's bad compared to other people. I guess I got lucky. Like 30 minutes before he spawned, there were two horde hunters from the same guild standing on top of me and throwing Explosive and Snake traps where he spawns and called their pets out to kill Acroniss if he spawned. Not to mention they were taunting me by /spitting on me, etc. But I ignored them and they go bored I guess and finally left.

About ten minutes later an alliance hunter ran in, but logged out about five minutes later. Finally when Acroniss spawned, there was a low level horde killing Vyral the Vile for his quest. Luckily he didn't turn around and try killing Acroniss while I was in the middle of taming.

Pretty darn happy I got him. I tend to have a lot of people ask me where I got my pet from :3

And he's still showing up as a Qiraji on my armory >.>

I also tamed the blue arcane serpent, only because blue is my favorite color, same for Quall.
Reply Quote
90 Troll Hunter
I got my monkey with a fez, so that's all I can really ask for.
Reply Quote
100 Blood Elf Hunter
12/10/2012 07:09 AMPosted by Melhunt
I got my monkey with a fez, so that's all I can really ask for.

I would tame the monkey but its not like I have room in my stables...

I tamed Spirit of the North instead of Acroniss and I enjoy him just as much as I would Acroniss.
Given Acroniss has a unique color and I would like to have him, I just doubt i'll get him anytime soon cause of CRZ
Reply Quote
100 Pandaren Hunter
12/10/2012 05:53 AMPosted by Verdash
I went for a Spirit of the North. Not a rare...but still a pain to tame.

Died a few times going after one of those two. Stupid dragons.... But I was rather disappointed by the horrid movement animations. Unless they are sitting still (which looks cool) I nearly want to cry when I am moving, and if I am mounted, forget about it. They are like in fast-forward and paused at the same time.

tl;dr - New Arcane Wyrm animations stuck, and so did taming Spirit of the North.
Edited by Xunh on 12/10/2012 7:43 AM PST
Reply Quote
90 Pandaren Hunter
12/10/2012 07:42 AMPosted by Xunh
Died a few times going after one of those two. Stupid dragons.... But I was rather disappointed by the horrid movement animations. Unless they are sitting still (which looks cool) I nearly want to cry when I am moving, and if I am mounted, forget about it. They are like in fast-forward and paused at the same time.

Yeah the movement animation is the only thing that bugs me about the arcane serpents, but other than that, it's a nice pet that I prefer using over a regular serpent or hyena (aesthetics-wise), especially since I usually always have to bring a pet that provides the attack speed buff in my raid group.
Reply Quote
90 Human Hunter
Not gonna lie, i enjoyed camping this rare, i had to fight for it.
3 horde hunters, 2 alliance hunters and a bunch of lowbies, but i still got him.
I love this guy, matches my transmog ;)
Reply Quote
90 Night Elf Hunter
Not to gross you guys out or anything, but when 5.1 hit, I tried out the white one (Spirit of the North) for kicks, and I couldn't stop thinking about how much it looked like a freakin' tapeworm. Also, the way it moved reminded me of observing a micro-organism under a telescope.

Maybe I just have a really active imagination.
Reply Quote
32 Human Hunter
i had a hard time camping that beauty on my hunters.there was one server that kept greifing thoughs after it.everyone else did it fair.ether it was an agreement for first to cast tame wins or the one who was there first.but after some pations and finding out a time those ppl where not on i finaly managed to get her.i have named them all Aldra after this half demon queen from this anime i have seen.
Reply Quote
100 Worgen Hunter
I got lucky with this beauty and happened upon her late one night, when most people are asleep. Maybe I'm crazy, but I love rares on WoW, and enjoy "hunting" them, if you will. Acroniss is my favorite by far, though. Named her Syn. :)

Though, if a GM reads at all... please fix the way they follow across the ground! If I'm going down a slope, the Arcane Worm's tail end paths into the ground. Kinda ruins the feel of their movement.
Reply Quote
32 Human Hunter
i think the only thing they should do to stop ppl from you know killing it is when you have the tame beast cast to have it imune to attacks and unable to die.i don't mind to much on the one who finds it first but what realy is not right is when they are able to kill it when have tame cast.thats what i think is the main problem.
Edited by Beastcollect on 12/12/2012 4:14 AM PST
Reply Quote
90 Draenei Hunter
i just a problem with this =/ a warlock from another server was hanging around, i was gonna kill him but he was /waving and such so i figured he was there seeing when it spawned for another hunter in his guild so i left him. when it spawned he feared me and killed it =/ i was very pissed off. it was my fault by not killing him when he 1st showed up, i tend not to kill horde if they arent hostile, but really if it wasnt CRZ he wouldnt have even been there, i didnt go to a high pop server for a reason blizz, not so i can deal with an overload from other realms.....seriously CRZ is the worst thing they've added
Reply Quote
90 Draenei Hunter
well i finally got him. seems to me the real problem here was the bad attitude of other hunters. no respect for who was there first and waiting turns, and even those who already had the rare would show up at spawn time just to kill it. Of course, all the hunters doing this were on a different realm than I am, so I think it's just another level of internet veils people use to justify their bad behavior. But CRZ still sux, try carrying a friend anywhere on ur mount without having to stop fifty times to pick them back up when they get ejected upon entering any zone. PS, if ur gonna put so many rares in the game, stop torturing us by making us release rares we've camped previously in order to get new ones. VIVA LOS STABLES HUMONGOS!! (want bigger stables!) :)
Reply Quote
90 Pandaren Hunter
Bro, that's the whole point of rarespawns. If you could just go there and tame it, it wouldn't be rare or special.

Suck it up, if you really want it then you should be willing to endure the competition.
Reply Quote
100 Night Elf Hunter
We

12/10/2012 05:49 AMPosted by Araviss
If it was easy and everyone had it the pet wouldnt be "Rare" So !@#$ and keep fighting for it

Yeah but there are certain things that need to be taken into consideration. I can understand enemy faction fighting over something. At least if they ruin your tame or attack you, you can have some sort of reprieve. If its a fellow faction hunter killing the pet just to be a phallic member, theres nothing you can do about it, which is crap because this is considered a grief imo.

Now if they made it where the pet gets a 1 min debuff on it called "tame beast" and this buff made ANYONE tagging it after youve begun a tame ( and thus gave it this buff ) flagged, then yeah I wouldnt mind so much because at least I could shoot the offender.

I know it isnt "mine" by default but its funny how this principle applies to people doing certain things. The same guy that says , "well its not yours to tame its fair game" dont seem to get to happy when someone "steals" their item in a raid for instance.
Edited by Raygar on 12/19/2012 6:05 PM PST
Reply Quote
100 Troll Priest
my problem with this isnt so much the competition from other hunters, its the fact that its located right near a quest target, coupled with crz I have seena lot of 50 ish traffic passing through.

Unless that level 50 has a hunter main that visits petopia, they are unlikely to stop and not kill the rarespawn if they see it.

Maybe make acroniss spawn in a more secluded locale?
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)

Reported!

[Close]