Holy priest pvp (video request)

90 Human Priest
Hello my fellow Priests, I can hardly find any RBGs as a healing priest, if you can't tell from my achievements, I was wondering if anyone could point me to any good holy priest videos be it RBGs, regular BGs, 2's, 3's, or 5's. I've been consitering making my own video during my current ToK as I find myself consistently doing 15mil+ but I tend to be a try-hard, even when I'm not trying to be.

<3
Phøenix
Reply Quote
90 Human Priest
Pug RBG's don't want healing priests. See it in trade all the time: LF Healers, RBG (no priests), blah blah blah. Holy puts out a ton of healing, but we are super squishy, especially against coordinated teams that have gear and know how to focus targets. Your best bet is to RBG with friends or make your own group. I've pretty much resolved myself to the fact that I won't be RBGing this season, at all.

I've healed upwards of 20million in regular BG's many times, but this is against uncoordinated teams that don't know how to focus me down and allow me to freely heal at will. It's a very different story in RBG's where, very often, the weakest (squishiest) healer will be chosen as the focus target.
Reply Quote
90 Human Priest
Yeah it's becoming apparent to me too that I won't be getting past 1700 yet again :l
I've healed upwards of 20mil too, but it more depends on how badly geared the other team is compared to ours, and how badly people are getting globaled, talking mostly about ToK here, in most other BG no one does until i'm dead in most cases.
Reply Quote
90 Blood Elf Priest
Currently fluctuating around 2100's RBG as Hpriest. It's not impossible to find a good group it's just extremely difficult haha. I pugged to about 1850, and when people saw I was outhealing everything including Rdruids/Rshams I was invited to a strictly RBG guild who brought me for main team. I could try take some video for tips/tricks of what I do personally if you'd like. I don't think I'm amazing I've only started playing Hpriest this season, but I think I have some great tips to offer.
Reply Quote
90 Human Priest
Go for it Love! I'd be quite interested to see what you have to offer! Right now in the RBGs that I reluctantly do there's no coordination in terms of CC they basically just call out a kill target ( that not everyone switches to mind you) and b!tch about heals and dispels when we get cleaved down and CCed to the point of just being target dummies that take less damage, it's really quite frustrating. Am I blaming my low ratting on other people? No, I have much to improve on in terms of dispelling (with the 8sec CD I find myself waiting for a dispel-able CC effect before I consider dispelling.) and and positioning (I like to jump around in wide circles around the fight and heal, which is a big problem when it comes to avoiding CC) but having a group such as this isn't helping me improve in the least. All in all the night ends with a depressing undertone of "well I'm just a bad healer who can't keep everyone up." Even though I still manage top heals in some cases, even when we're getting demolished.

<3
Phøenix
Edited by Phøenixdown on 12/10/2012 7:39 PM PST
Reply Quote
90 Blood Elf Priest
I'll do by best to have something for you guys by next week :) Are there any specifics you guys want?
Reply Quote
90 Human Priest
12/11/2012 09:03 PMPosted by Love
I'll do by best to have something for you guys by next week :) Are there any specifics you guys want?
I could use some positioning tips, say in whatever BG/arena you happen to be in, it could just be a text tag in the vid like ( lIIl <~~ NOMNOMPILLAR!). Also an add-on list that you feel improves your awareness if you have any.
Reply Quote
90 Blood Elf Priest
12/12/2012 04:15 AMPosted by Phøenixdown
I could use some positioning tips, say in whatever BG/arena you happen to be in, it could just be a text tag in the vid like ( lIIl <~~ NOMNOMPILLAR!). Also an add-on list that you feel improves your awareness if you have any.

Ok I've got some footage mostly rbg, might be getting a bit more this week before editing it all together. Sorry if it's taking me quite a while, finals for university were just finished now I have free time. Should be getting it out in the next couple days!
Reply Quote
90 Undead Priest
I only know of one HPriest who plays arenas( 2, 3, 5) and his name is Bigbossman...Hes really good and so is his team which is composed of Elemsham AND Rpaly for 3's. For 2's, he teams with a Armswarr or FDK..here's the link to his vids

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mPupgqIOchE
Reply Quote
100 Troll Priest
Cloth armor + no escapes + no defensive cooldowns + (no interrupt protection + only 1 school to cast from) + only 1 CC which most melee classes can escape without trinket = No, you don't see many holy priests in PVP.
Edited by Ticktacktick on 12/21/2012 2:29 PM PST
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]