"Failed to read a required file"

90 Human Paladin
Like many other people I'm having log-in issues. I've deleted the battle.net folder, booted up via installation folder and now I'm getting this message. I should also note I'm not running any other programs and I have disabled my anti-virus/firewall. (also running as administrator)

Help...
Reply Quote
25 Dwarf Paladin
Its not just you its this small update patch they did -__- and can't seem to run my wow also
Reply Quote
90 Human Paladin
bumping for halp...
Reply Quote
90 Human Paladin
12/10/2012 10:30 AMPosted by Amerika
bumping for halp...
Reply Quote
Support Forum Agent
12/10/2012 10:12 AMPosted by Amerika
I have disabled my anti-virus/firewall.

What anti-virus or firewall do you have, Amerika?
AVG
Reply Quote
90 Tauren Druid
Also currently having this problem, despite all anti-viruses and firewalls being turned off.
Reply Quote
90 Tauren Druid
Bump for knowledge and so people can do their dailies! :)
Reply Quote
90 Human Paladin
2 hours later still having the same problem...
Reply Quote
90 Human Paladin
12/10/2012 10:30 AMPosted by Amerika
bumping for halp...
Reply Quote
90 Human Paladin
3 hours later still having the same problem...
Reply Quote
Support Forum Agent
12/10/2012 11:19 AMPosted by Amerika
AVG

Would you be able to run AVG's uninstall utility, just as a test? You can reinstall AVG later.
Having the same problem, I am also not running any other programs and I am on a Mac I don't have any antivirus software installed.
Reply Quote
90 Undead Priest
I'm also having the same problem. I've been combing through older posts about this and following the instructions, but none of them have worked. The error message in c:\ProgramData\Battle.net\Agent\Agent.1040\Logs reads:

22:37:29.0909 Patch Application Initialization - Failed to open archive 'C:/Program Files (x86)/World of Warcraft/Datawow-update-base-16016.MPQ'

I'm obviously a layman, so this is probably an inconsequential observation, but it seems to me that there should be a slash between Data and "wow-update-base-16016.MPQ" -- whereas there currently is none. Not sure if that has any bearing on the problem, though.
Reply Quote
90 Troll Monk
I also am having this problem and the only real software I have is Windows Firewall.
Reply Quote
90 Human Paladin
12/10/2012 02:26 PMPosted by Velnrak
AVG

Would you be able to run [url="http://www.avg.com/ww-en/utilities.tpl-auth"]AVG's uninstall utility[/url], just as a test? You can reinstall AVG later.

Uninstalled, restarted computer and did the same steps as previously stated. Still the same problem :(
Reply Quote
Support Forum Agent
Let's try these steps:

1) Verify that the Secondary Logon Service is running.
2) Check the proxy settings and verify that Internet Explorer is not in offline mode.

Same issue.

Secondary Logon Service running, IE not in offline mode.

Security solution: Trend Micro.
Reply Quote
Support Forum Agent
Cowshoes, just as a test, I would uninstall Trend Micro with their removal tool.

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]