Lore based holidays

90 Human Paladin
I've always thought that adding some holidays in game that are lore founded would be a really nice addition. Maybe celebrate the the Fall of the Lich King or the Battle of Mount Hyjal.

Discussion, perhaps? What do you think?
Reply Quote
100 Troll Hunter
Harvest Festival was kinda like that. You honored Grom Hellscream and Uther the Lightbringer, depending on your faction.

Always fun to take the RP walk from Orgrimmar into Demon's Fall.
Edited by Pyronaptor on 12/10/2012 11:20 AM PST
Reply Quote
90 Human Paladin
That's one, and also we have Hallow's End that celebrate the Forsaken freeing from the Scourge. But those are more RL holidays that are introduced, with its own lore of course, but introduced nonetheless into Azeroth, instead of originating from it.
Reply Quote
90 Human Paladin
I believe the humans had a Holiday called Hordefall, not sure if it was from the RPG books tho :/
Reply Quote
90 Human Death Knight
12/10/2012 11:22 AMPosted by Kaeldanon
That's one, and also we have Hallow's End that celebrate the Forsaken freeing from the Scourge. But those are more RL holidays that are introduced, with its own lore of course, but introduced nonetheless into Azeroth, instead of originating from it.

Hallow's End is also a human holiday.

Really, they've done a lot to make holidays seem more lore-based I think. The last time Noblegarden was around I think they added a bit more Lore to why it's celebrated.

I think the one holiday that probably has the least Lore related to it would be the Valentine's Day one.
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)

Reported!

[Close]