Possible help to launcher problems

89 Draenei Shaman
I'm on Windows 7. I tried literally everything I was told on the support forums, but nothing was working. However, I found an interesting fix.

I had the file "wow-0-16309-Win-final.MPQ" that I kept deleting and redownloading in hopes that it would fix my launcher problems, but it didn't. My sister, however, was able to log into WoW for the past five hours and I wasn't sure why. I asked her to send me her update file through Skype. Evidently, she didn't have "wow-0-16309-Win-final.MPQ"... but "wow-0-16357-Win-final.MPQ". She sent me it and I opened the launcher. After a very, very short patch (only about 3-5 seconds of downloading), I can get into the game now!

I don't know if we're allowed to link downloads on this forum or anything even though I read through the rules, but try this fix if you're having the same launcher-leading-to-launcher issues that I was.

Reply Quote
22 Night Elf Monk
Reply Quote
90 Troll Priest
Sadly didn't work for me.
I already have 16357 in the update folder.
Thanks for the try anyway.
Reply Quote
100 Pandaren Monk
I was really hoping this solution would do it for me, since I couldn't get the launcher to download the patch, but sadly, the realms are still showing up red, and the patch version in the lower left corner is still listed as 16309. Having this file in the Updates folder DID stop the launcher from its cyclic relaunching process though!

So.... it's LIKE progress, only not really lol.
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Explain (256 characters max)