have healers fallen off the planet?

1 Blood Elf Paladin
every time in a long queue, 2 tanks, 17 dps, healers: 2/6

what gives?
Reply Quote
90 Troll Druid
I'm kinda surprised by the low amount of healers too. Maybe it's just because a lot of them find LFR boring since there's hardly any damage going out.

Or they're going DPS to get off-spec gear.
Reply Quote
100 Troll Shaman
TBH I would say its more to do with healers practically carrying in LFR. If the healers suck, you will fail. Pretty simple. You could have every single dps barely being conscious as long as your healers have very strong shoulders.

As grindy as this expac is so far, I would rather wait and brain dead pew pew then actually have to pay attention and play well in LFR.

Plus it really grinds my gears to get put into endless spring thats been wiping on tsulong and has kicked all their healers... but not the dps doing 20k.
Reply Quote
100 Dwarf Death Knight
spec specific gear
Reply Quote
90 Draenei Paladin
12/10/2012 11:13 PMPosted by Subtitles
Plus it really grinds my gears to get put into endless spring thats been wiping on tsulong and has kicked all their healers... but not the dps doing 20k.

One of those healers probably wasn't dispelling.
Reply Quote
60 Draenei Death Knight
12/10/2012 11:29 PMPosted by Postonforums
spec specific gear

This. I am one piece away from completing my healing set. If I want offspec gear, I either queue as dps, or queue as healer and switch to dps on appropriate bosses, running the risk of getting kicked if the other healers are bad.

Hopefully, people asking for spec specific need rolls in dungeon finder read this thread, but I know they wont.
Reply Quote
90 Worgen Hunter
Now that Blizzard has made the Game more difficult and by more difficult I mean easier then ever before.. Healers can play "harder" characters
Reply Quote
90 Draenei Priest
I started during the last expansion (Catacylsm) and healers have always been in demand with LFR and dungeon groups frequently waiting for healers.

I think most players prefer to DPS or tank, where you get to kill stuff and feel powerful.

To make things worst, other players like to cuss out at healers when they die, even if it was their own fault (the shiny stuff on the floor isn't there for you stand on...).

Specific to MoP, healers undergo a weird change in that their mana levels are normalized. All have their mana fixed at 100k, which requires a different mindset to play leading to some players no longer playing healing spec.
Reply Quote
90 Pandaren Priest
12/11/2012 11:52 AMPosted by Dieranged
Now that Blizzard has made the Game more difficult and by more difficult I mean easier then ever before.. Healers can play "harder" characters

Did...did a Hunter just say their class was harder to play than a Healer?

These are strange times.
Reply Quote
100 Orc Warrior
12/11/2012 03:34 PMPosted by Coletta

Did...did a Hunter just say their class was harder to play than a Healer?

These are strange times.

No, just harder characters.
Reply Quote
90 Worgen Druid
Hmm, I was under the impression that most DPS classes were "dumbed down" while healing mechanics have undergone fewer drastic changes in MoP.

This is coming from a lifetime healer =p (tough I do believe it to, generally, be true)

@OP - Most people want to blow stuff up, there are no "pure" healing classes, activities outside of raids are rarely "healer friendly"
Reply Quote
90 Human Death Knight
Yeah, it's probably spec specific gear. Easier to queue as dps and change specs on a fight per fight basis. An extra healer never really hurts, one less might.
Reply Quote
100 Human Paladin
aus
12/11/2012 06:09 PMPosted by Holsety
it's probably spec specific gear. Easier to queue as dps and change specs on a fight per fight basis. An extra healer never really hurts, one less might.

This.
Reply Quote
90 Draenei Paladin
It's the spec specific gear. As soon as I get my last holy pieces from LFR I'm probably going to start queuing as ret.
Reply Quote
90 Human Death Knight
12/12/2012 02:22 AMPosted by Honorata
It's the spec specific gear. As soon as I get my last holy pieces from LFR I'm probably going to start queuing as ret.

Why wait? Queue as ret now and just go holy for the bosses you still need gear from.
Reply Quote
100 Dwarf Death Knight
12/12/2012 03:09 AMPosted by Holsety
Why wait? Queue as ret now and just go holy for the bosses you still need gear from.

Because the LFR groups going are getting bad quickly, now that the raider incentives are weaker, and you're seeing why they have 6 healers as a standard, when the content was 2-3 healing for the first few weeks, ironically when people were less geared.
Reply Quote
The new loot system is mainly to blame. Main spec healers are gearing up in raids and not needing healing gear from lfr. So they queue as dps instead to fill their sets, worsening the already big problem.

Also the poor performance of ppl in lfr is a huge deterrent. The only ppl who have to put forth any effort are the healers and we often get all the grief. This problem is only going to get worse with time. Just this weekend a TOES queue took over an hour just to get the number of healers necessary, I was on a DPS alt. Granted it was at off hours but it was quite eye opening for me. I realized how nice I have it as a healer with queue times this time around.

A fix would be to allow ppl to choose the spec they want to recieve loot for regardless of the function they perform. Due to current loot distribution there is no issue with other ppl getting dps gear and blah blah blah qq gear threads.

Another fix that blizz has no control over is getting rid of the insurmountable number of baddies that join lfr. There is no hope for this issue. Going oom in the first couple minutes of a fight due to avoidable raid damage is unacceptable for me. I could simply not heal them but then it only makes my experience in that group longer. I do not want to spend more time than necessary in groups like this, so I suck it up and shoulder the burden.

AFKers are my number one gripe though.

EDIT: This is the exact type of problem dungeons will have if LFR style loot rules are ever implemented. So watch the endless qq on losing loot rolls to OS ppl. This is the alternative.
Edited by Foulmoon on 12/12/2012 9:32 AM PST
Reply Quote
90 Tauren Druid
Going oom in the first couple minutes of a fight due to avoidable raid damage is unacceptable for me. I could simply not heal them but then it only makes my experience in that group longer. I do not want to spend more time than necessary in groups like this, so I suck it up and shoulder the burden.

This has always been going since LFR came out...*cough...ultraxion...cough..can't click one button..cough*.

the only way to fix it would be to make it one shotting people.
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]