New Hunter pet! Maggot

90 Night Elf Hunter
as of patch 5.1 a new pet snuck in under our noses, if you ever wanted an oversized maggot worm pet ripping the limbs off your enemies this pet is for you.

in Dread wastes, in the south east, under the lake of stars there are 3 beast npcs, Needleback porcupine, Bonedust moth, and Bluehide mushan, the mantid have infected them and they will vomit out a maggot called an amber parasite, this beats is infact tameable.

stop your attacks, swap to the maggot, tame beast, done, after the tame your maggot may randomly die, revive and it will not happen again, enjoy it while it lasts!

NOTE: Beast mastery is required as this is classed as a worm.
Reply Quote
100 Dwarf Hunter
Very cool, thanks for the heads up.
Reply Quote
90 Night Elf Hunter
np man:)

tested a few worms in the plague lands, they are not tameable and aren't even classified as worms, don't even have a diet.
Reply Quote
90 Orc Hunter
Chibee 2.0? Let's hope he isn't ripped from under us in the next patch.
Reply Quote
90 Pandaren Hunter
I can confirm this! Just tamed one on Echo Isles. He's HUGE! As big as Chibee. He's huge and obnoxious and disgusting and I named mine Burchard :3

Edit: His Burrow animation is broken, he just kind of sits there wiggling. It's adorable.
Edited by Panderosa on 12/11/2012 12:21 AM PST
Reply Quote
90 Night Elf Hunter
Mines named Lumps>_>
Reply Quote
90 Pandaren Hunter
Thanks!
Reply Quote
90 Troll Hunter
Don't post about this; they might fix it.
Reply Quote
90 Troll Hunter
Quick delete the main post, and only leave your Real ID, if they want to know whisper you in game!

-SSoH
Reply Quote
100 Blood Elf Hunter
12/11/2012 01:02 PMPosted by Melhunt
Don't post about this; they might fix it.

Seriously. I almost posted and shared the joy... then thought, I better not in case Blizz realizes they need to "fix" the bug.

So I just run around with mine out all the time and answer whispers from fellow hunters :-)
Reply Quote
90 Night Elf Hunter
<3 it. Thanks :3
Reply Quote
100 Orc Hunter
This is .... awesome. I love things like this. Hoping they never fix easter eggs like this one.
Reply Quote
90 Pandaren Hunter
<3 Finally, blizzard had a good bug.
Reply Quote
91 Gnome Rogue
<3 Finally, blizzard had a good bug.

2 Good buggs, Chibee was a good oone
Reply Quote
100 Orc Hunter
no longer tameable
Reply Quote
100 Troll Hunter
Possibly server dependent, worked on Stormreaver ~45 mins ago.
Reply Quote
90 Pandaren Hunter
Sorry to bump this, but I wanted to post a fun fact I discovered.

This pet uses the Mr. Grubbs flipping animation for when he gets knocked back. I discovered this when doing the Golden Lotus daily where the Shado Pan dudes throw fireworks at you. Watching this giant maggot constantly doing frontflips made me laugh for like twenty minutes.

EDIT: Proof! :3
http://i4.photobucket.com/albums/y140/Bill_Nye/WoWScrnShot_121312_013406.jpg
Edited by Panderosa on 12/12/2012 10:37 PM PST
Reply Quote
100 Night Elf Hunter
Thanks! This is a very interesting looking pet.
Reply Quote
100 Dwarf Hunter
I got mine yesterday :) it is epic, just hope blizzard let me have fun with it for a while before they fix the size, combined with bestial wrath on BGs is just so much win
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)

Reported!

[Close]