Guild keeps getting hacked

55 Pandaren Monk
12/10/2012 05:19 PMPosted by Brookecookie
the guild master was off when this guy caqme into the guild 6 days ago we guild members thinks its a player from the guild that got mad at the GM and came back to kick eveyone

You can think what you want, but this appears to be what is going on -

12/10/2012 05:16 PMPosted by Medearn
The player who kicked everyone from your prior guild was invited to that guild and promoted to that rank by the Guild Master, 6 days ago.

Medearn can see details that you cannot, that you can only assume. Medearn is making no assumptions.
Reply Quote
63 Night Elf Druid
The second GM leader of Elder Frontier did not do it he was also kicked from Raging Eternity and made a new guild that guild (Elder Frontier) has been ruined by the same player that you say is the GM of (Raging Eternity) but he wasnt invited but joined guild (Elder Frontier) somehow then used a guild member to kick everyone that guild member was still on but kicked form guild and only 3 ppl on me, guild member, and person that kicked us all that person was last on and still was kicking people from guild
Reply Quote
90 Gnome Warlock
12/10/2012 05:42 PMPosted by Brookecookie
The second GM leader of Elder Frontier did not do it he was also kicked from Raging Eternity and made a new guild that guild (Elder Frontier) has been ruined by the same player that you say is the GM of (Raging Eternity) but he wasnt invited but joined guild (Elder Frontier) somehow then used a guild member to kick everyone that guild member was still on but kicked form guild and only 3 ppl on me, guild member, and person that kicked us all that person was last on and still was kicking people from guild

I'm sorry but that isn't what happened... What you are describing is impossible, you can not just join a guild without being invited. The Blue here has explained to you quite clearly what has gone on, he can see the logs in the game which shows him exactly what happened. This person was invited by the Guild Leaders account and promoted to a rank that was allowed to kick 6 days ago.

I'm sorry but what you are describing simply can't happen, you need to take this up with your GL...
Reply Quote
63 Night Elf Druid
but no one gave him permisson to be ranked up by the second guild (Elder Frontier)
Reply Quote
14 Blood Elf Priest
/sigh

Brooke, here's a thought. Start your own guild. You'll be in COMPLETE control of who gets in and who gets promoted...everything.

Since you're simply not listening to the clues here that someone you trust right now CANNOT be trusted, your best option is to be the Guild Leader yourself. Then you'll know exactly what's going on in your own guild.

Best of luck.
Reply Quote
90 Gnome Warlock
12/10/2012 05:49 PMPosted by Brookecookie
but no one gave him permisson to be ranked up by the second guild (Elder Frontier)

Yes they did, they had to. It is the only way that it can work. You can't just join a guild first of all, and second of all you can not promote yourself unless you have another toon in the guild that already has been promoted high enough to have those rights.

Again the Blue here has already told you exactly what happened.
Reply Quote
11 Goblin Shaman
12/10/2012 05:49 PMPosted by Brookecookie

According to the logs, the guild master did:

12/10/2012 05:16 PMPosted by Medearn
The player who kicked everyone from your prior guild was invited to that guild and promoted to that rank by the Guild Master, 6 days ago.
Reply Quote
90 Troll Shaman
One does not simply HACK into a guild and ranks himself up,
Reply Quote
63 Night Elf Druid
THIS PRSON SEE EVRYTHING I DO I JUST TRIED TO MAKE NEW GUID AND HE KNOW ABOUT IT HES STALKING ME!!!
Reply Quote
14 Blood Elf Priest
12/10/2012 06:53 PMPosted by Brookecookie
THIS PRSON SEE EVRYTHING I DO I JUST TRIED TO MAKE NEW GUID AND HE KNOW ABOUT IT HES STALKING ME!!!

Your caps lock is broken. Please try to fix it.

As to your post....so don't invite them to your guild, put them on ignore and move on.
Reply Quote
63 Night Elf Druid
what if he makes an alt?and joines guild i didnt even post naything and he says he did...about he guild i tried to kep it a secret
Reply Quote
90 Gnome Warlock
12/10/2012 06:56 PMPosted by Brookecookie
what if he makes an alt?and joines guild i didnt even post naything and he says he did...about he guild i tried to kep it a secret

Ok I'm going to make this clear... SOMEONE THAT YOU THINK THAT YOU CAN TRUST IS WORKING WITH THIS PERSON... stop telling anyone what you are doing from your old guild...
Reply Quote
63 Night Elf Druid
well how long will it be? so i can be able to join/make a
guild without this guy knowing?
Reply Quote
14 Blood Elf Priest

It will be until you figure out who they actually are. Please tell us that you understand now that it's someone you think you can trust right? One of your guildies, a friend, a former guildy...someone you're currently talking to.

Start calling them out! Grow a backbone and start confronting your guildmates. Someone is a wolf in sheep's clothing!
Reply Quote
90 Gnome Warlock

How are we supposed to know, this is some petty elementary school junk that you all need to work out.
Reply Quote
You can make a guild this second. And the guy would never, ever know unless he armoried. you. Which I doubt will happen.
Reply Quote
63 Night Elf Druid
im sure its a former guildie bcause he signed charter then said hes getting on alt then thts when this guy whispered me thanks for the help im done with these people screwing with me
Reply Quote
14 Blood Elf Priest
12/11/2012 03:59 PMPosted by Madmerini
However - I demand some attention when trying to solve this problem other than a simple typical customer support copy and paste.

Huh? Like what?

You gave them permission to do what they're doing. You've got all the attention you need in the guild controls. Boot the player out of your guild if you haven't already.

Otherwise, unless that player was compromised, nothing technically wrong was done here.
Reply Quote
90 Draenei Shaman
I had only one officer whom I trusted (and I still do). I demoted him.
As to the response for what you quoted -
I have just highlighted what I usually get of tech support everywhere. Nothing to be concerned about.

I'll try to submit a ticket asking to perform a log check, if it's not much of a hassle.
Right now - situation is under control.

I apologize for any misunderstandings my replies might cause.
I'm not a native speaker.
Edited by Madmerini on 12/11/2012 4:05 PM PST
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]