Buff the Boomie plz...

90 Worgen Druid
I promise to eat the cookie if u do, cuz i never eat the cookie, ever, idk y?
Reply Quote
seriously i am shocked that boomkin hasn't gotten a buff yet
Reply Quote
80 Undead Rogue
depends on the buff you are asking for... they have scary aoe melting power :P
Reply Quote
90 Worgen Druid
If it were to be anything specific, I'd only be able to say a well rounded buff to all rotations spells, slightly heavier w/dot buffs....and turn that starsurge up, wayyy up, its lvl90 time, the room should shake now w/our wonderful starsurge crits....I may not get full BiS b4 this tier is over, but I do try :)
Reply Quote
90 Orc Warrior
Nerf moonkin multidotting.
Reply Quote
90 Worgen Druid
We don't need a buff as much as we need a better way to maintain our dps on high movement fights as that's usually what drops our dps.

On most other fights I'm plenty competitive with the other classes around my gear level and on a few I either am top or very close to top of the meters.

Just because we're not FOTM super amazing without trying dps does not mean we need to join some of the other classes on the buff>nerf>buff>nerf cycle. :P
Reply Quote
90 Troll Druid
12/11/2012 02:16 PMPosted by Otsego
It would have to be good enough as is to warrant being nerfed, if anything DOTS need to be buffed.
Reply Quote
90 Worgen Druid
12/11/2012 01:24 AMPosted by Demindred
If it were to be anything specific, I'd only be able to say a well rounded buff to all rotations spells, slightly heavier w/dot buffs....and turn that starsurge up, wayyy up, its lvl90 time, the room should shake now w/our wonderful starsurge crits....I may not get full BiS b4 this tier is over, but I do try :)

cant buff starsurge alot. it has a chance to become instant cast. and it hitting for alot will cause problems in pvp. yes yes i know, i dont pvp myself either, but u cannot just ignore one side of the game to balance the other side.

we need a fix on our aoe. its far too clunky right now. and our multidotting is not so bad but needs polishing. Polishing as in the theme is present but not well planned out, our dot times are fairly lousy right now. in an ideal scenario (starsurge crits) we can make it to another eclipse in 1 dot application other wise we have to dot twice. mashing it in with natures grace which procs moment you gain eclipse. you are looking at 4gcds within the span of 6 to 5 seconds, just to redot. pretty painful imo.

Perhaps if shrooms spread dots, like pestilence or blood boil does.

and lastly, astral communion needs to be castable while on the move. shouldnt just be a pvp 4set bonus.
Reply Quote
90 Worgen Druid
Boomkins are in no way terrible right now, but I think there is a lot of mini-fixes that we could for both QoL changes and a small improvement to damage.
Reply Quote
90 Troll Druid
Lunar Shower as movement DPS is dull. That's really the only complaint I have. From a PvE presepctive, most movement does not last 4 GCDs (3 casts of MF/SnF to stack to max, 4th is using MF/SnF at max stacks). Moonkin is extremely unforgiving, especially with DOTs. Putting forward twice the effort for half the result isn't ideal gameplay; though, I'm fine with this notion. Personally, Lunar Shower needs to be scrapped for a Malefic Grasp/Lightning Bolt copy. A short-term buff like Spiritwalker's Grace would be fine, given it last only 6 seconds with a 30sec cooldown or so.
Reply Quote
90 Worgen Druid
12/11/2012 01:13 AMPosted by Nyteshadow
seriously i am shocked that boomkin hasn't gotten a buff yet

In 5.1 the damage and spell power coefficients of wrath, starfire, and starsurge were all increased slightly. It's not a big dps increase but it is something.

We don't need a buff as much as we need a better way to maintain our dps on high movement fights as that's usually what drops our dps.

On most other fights I'm plenty competitive with the other classes around my gear level and on a few I either am top or very close to top of the meters.

Just because we're not FOTM super amazing without trying dps does not mean we need to join some of the other classes on the buff>nerf>buff>nerf cycle. :P

Movement is the biggest issue. The single target isn't that bad and aoe feels clunky but doable. Movement is the overwhelming problem and the only spec that comes close to the same impairment seems to be Spriest, but boomkin also has to deal with issues of not moving eclipse while losing natures grace and hasted dots.
Reply Quote
90 Orc Shaman
Im guessing this is a pve thread
Reply Quote
92 Tauren Druid
starfire 2 sec base cast time please, moonkin in pvp is a pain.
Reply Quote
90 Worgen Druid
12/12/2012 02:53 AMPosted by Okris
Im guessing this is a pve thread

you assume correctly. but then again, it could change its nature lol.
Edited by Suprêmacy on 12/12/2012 11:05 AM PST
Reply Quote
90 Worgen Druid
Ok, so yes, the main thing that I have seen mentioned by others is, Balance DPS on the move is no fun, the main part of wanting Dot buffs is to help maintain DPS on the move, I had to kite for garalon last wk and it was pretty much MF/SF spams w/WE SS procs happened. ANd look I'm last dps, previous Garalon fights I did not have to kite and maintained my #s ok...Mainly for me, it has been having to watch my #s plunge as soon as I have to move, I've tried and tried to keep them up, but they plunge no matter what I do, when I have to move, take the 1st boss in HoF, Attenuation, til that part of the fight my #s are great but when the only up keep I have on that part of the fight is MF/SF and SS procs. I once again find myself fallin to the bottom of the pack for DPS. I am starting to become more aware of people wanting constructive ideas for issues w/WE spec you are talking bout, for me at the momment, conveying my frustations constructivly, is a little bit difficult, being so new to using the forums, I have been running Balance for a cpl of yrs, but I was not as focused on PVE as I am now, so I've learned to Luv forums for any info that I may want to look up about what is currently happening in WoW. And I do appriectiate the feedback. But I am wanting to be heard and see what I am doin right and what I am doin wrong on any OP that I put up.
Reply Quote
90 Night Elf Druid
While we are at it, can we get something a little more entertaining then spamming hurricane/astral storm over and over again in AoE situations? It's seriously the reason I quit trying to gear this guy.

Bring back shrooms + sunfire spam and I'd be one happy boomkin =D
Reply Quote
90 Human Warrior
My main in Wotlk was a druid. When we were raiding 10 man heroic icc working on getting bosses down in 25 man heroic icc. I was in all 251 gear with some 264's. I loved my boomkin, one of my favorites ever, but compared to my guilds mages and shadow priests the boomkin (in similar gear) could never come close on single target bosses.

That was in Wotlk so take it for what you will.

If I play a druid anymore its in resto.
Reply Quote
100 Night Elf Druid
12/11/2012 02:16 PMPosted by Otsego

What?? Why? Moonkin multi-dotting is nowhere near what it was last expansion. In every situation I've been since 5.0, I find that Warriors, DK's, and Hunters all do considerably more damage/DPS than I can on a pack of trash mobs. In fact, I do better DPS just chain-casting Hurricane than I do with multi-dotting. It's actually a complete reversal from last expansion - my single-target damage is pretty darn good now, but my multi-target damage is sub-par.
Edited by Ziinaya on 12/13/2012 7:12 PM PST
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]