Advice on soloing Kael'Thalas in The Eye

90 Tauren Druid
Hi, this druid is my main and a month ago or so, I tried doing TK25 by myself for the first time, I did the seperate-all-adds-in-the-hallway-trick and went pretty good. Then downed the weapons quickly, no real trouble. Then I tried Kael'thas himself for P4, and didnt go so hot. From what i remember, he kept stunning me/disorienting attacks and pretty screwed me from being able to heal and dont think I got his health even close to 50%.

But at the time, I know I was new coming back to Wow and was getting use to the all the changes in the game since Wotlk. I also did not have a pvp trinket on me, so i have read using a pvp trinket should take care of this (think i got a lv80 version). Plus, I just hit lv90 and didnt even have full 90 herioc dungeon gear, less than 350k hp. Now I have an item lv of 466 now and have some LFR epic gear. In bear I have 418K or more. Anyway, I tried doing in as guardian druid, but also have dps spec. Am I doing someone wrong:

I do have a couple of questions if someone could answer:

1. Should I try this in Cat form now, since bear dps is so low? I can solo onyxia now in 10-man, but do it as cat since its so much faster.

2. Should I or shouldnt I use the lengendary weaps from fight for P4-5?

3. Would a pvp trinket keep from getting stunned constantly?

4. P4 is my biggest stopblock atm, what should I be doing better with soloing Kael'thas as feral druid?

5. How much trouble are the eggs/firebirds going to be if I try to ignore them and burn down Kael'thas?

Thanks for any help!

P.S. Yes, I know i have some gear that isnt enchanted or gemmed, been short on funds but will take care of it shortly.
Reply Quote
90 Night Elf Druid
You don't have to overthink this like we did at 85. It's perfectly safe to stay in the room for the add phases and AE the weapons on the stage. I think your one trouble is you need to pick up the Staff of Disintegration (and use it) which protects you from the stun/disorient. I find that if you fight Kael at the far end of the room you can also burn him down as he transitions to p5 and avoid that phase entirely. Predatory Swiftness HT's is more than enough to keep you up against his damage.

Edit: for a little clarity and an item link
Edited by Kier on 12/10/2012 7:12 AM PST
Reply Quote
90 Tauren Druid
ok thanks will try that out.
Reply Quote
90 Tauren Druid
Did him this weekend with little trouble. Just don't forget to equip a legendary for that phase. I did it as a bear for safety (and don't have cat spec anyway) but dmg is fine and the self healing during the magic dmg bits was very comfy.

(Needed transmog stuff ;) )
Edited by Tokhar on 12/10/2012 9:03 AM PST
Reply Quote
90 Tauren Druid
Ok thats cool. I just wonder why I had trouble some time ago, even tho i just hit 90 back then during phase 4. But If i remember it was due mostly to being stunned/disoriented, thus couldnt heal when I needed.

So, needing a pvp trinket isnt necessary?
Reply Quote
90 Tauren Druid
12/10/2012 09:19 AMPosted by Nebbs
So, needing a pvp trinket isnt necessary?

Nope. The staff will make you immune to every CC in the encounter except the fear, and that's pretty short and not too dangerous.
Reply Quote
90 Night Elf Druid
CFT
12/10/2012 09:21 AMPosted by Ahanss
Nope. The staff will make you immune to every CC in the encounter except the fear, and that's pretty short and not too dangerous.

I've never actually needed to use the staff. It's kind of annoying to kill the adds, but not that big a deal.
Reply Quote
90 Night Elf Druid
Just put on a PvP trinket, doesn't matter that much. I just trinket first mage disorient and she's dead before the 2nd, then just faceroll the rest.
Reply Quote
90 Tauren Druid
12/10/2012 04:56 PMPosted by Arielle

I've never actually needed to use the staff. It's kind of annoying to kill the adds, but not that big a deal.

I'd say if you're doing it as guardian, stay away from the staff. It makes the whole fight painfully slow.
For the DPS specs, particularly balance, it doesn't slow the fight down much, if at all, and makes it a whole lot easier.
Reply Quote
90 Night Elf Druid
CFT
I'd say if you're doing it as guardian, stay away from the staff. It makes the whole fight painfully slow.For the DPS specs, particularly balance, it doesn't slow the fight down much, if at all, and makes it a whole lot easier.
Right. That makes more sense.
Reply Quote
90 Tauren Druid
Ok, just tried the boss in TK25 a lil bit ago, and successfully downed boss 1 time! I was pretty nervous cause I really want his mount but it went allright. I did take use the Staff that Kier suggested and made it possible to win.

I was in cat form the whole time actually didnt really need to go bear. I to through on hots occasionally and some health pots, but it is pretty do-able. The most difficult part of the fight was actually P3 more than anything but its manageable.

P1> Pretty easy, still did the clear-trash-from-hallway-and-spread-out-Kael's-adds-trick

P2> Weapons were pretty easy, didnt take long.

P3> Was were it still gets a bit hairy but still spread out the adds in the hallway and then start with the Belf mage, cause she does that pushback nonsense.

P4> Was annoying but went ok, had to use Hots at times and tried to focus mainly on boss while using AOEs for firebirds/eggs. Was easier imo than P3.

P5> Was the easiest next to P1, just forgot about Kaels debuff that causes your health to get reduced with can lead to big trouble, but stayed away when I was floating and messed with adds, kinda dinked around cause at this point, I knew I was going to win.

Thanks to all for the advice, didnt use a pvp trinket, and glad I was able to do this before shutdown tonight, will be doing this every week!

Oh ya, no mount yet but sometime soon I hope! :P
Reply Quote
90 Tauren Druid
Oh ya tried EoE the other night, and did it one time no problem. P3 was easier than the first 2 parts but its another raid I will be farming weekly! Also been doing Onyxia 10 man for the last few weeks.

Know, I need to see if its possible to try to solo ZG Panther boss.
Reply Quote
90 Troll Druid
12/11/2012 01:14 AMPosted by Nebbs
Know, I need to see if its possible to try to solo ZG Panther boss.

very possible, i solo it every day. Just take the panthers 1 at a time and make sure you have your dps cds for the last 50%.
Edited by Phillyphil on 12/11/2012 1:02 PM PST
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]