wow-0-16357-win-final.mpq corrupt.

(Locked)

90 Human Hunter
Thanks for the help guys
90 Human Warlock
Same issue, I ran the repair tool under "Help" and it fixed my problem. Took about 3 minutes.
90 Worgen Warrior
This is BS!
Blizzard must have nothing but incompetent idiots for programmers as this is sloppy coding nothing more. they will blame the END USER for this as they always do I'm sure.
Back in May they did a major patch and 1000's of users couldn't get the game running again and the wonderous Blizzard Tech support tried to blame the users, when in fact they FAILED to let anyone know that Windows update SP3 was at that time REQUIRED in order to play since the programmers decided to get even lazier with coding.
Nice one Blizzard, you're slowly losing players and going to wonder why you cannot keep newer ones with issues the normal everyday computer illiterate person can't fix on their own.
You people in Tech support NEED to understand that most computer users can only turn on their systems and click "Play" on ANY game and do not know what "Defrag" is much less how to delete a supposedly corrupt file that was fine for countless users only hours beforehand, much less even find the forums to ask how to fix the issue. Save yourself some time and money in the long run and hire REAL Beta testers to work out these bugs BEFORE going live with the latest patch that just pisses off loyal subscribers who only want to spend an hour in game rather than posting major complaints!
Having Alpha & Beta tested many games over 2 decades, I can tell you Blizzard's lack of using real testers would not have got them off the ground all those years ago because of all the issues over the past few years. This isn't just me complaining either- it's an ongoing JOKE about there being many more problems for every patch to fix small things and it's coming from players who have been around since BC & Vanilla, not the "kiddies".
85 Human Paladin
Had this issue also, I went into my update folder and deleted ALL the MPQ files, started up fine. When I did just 16357 it would get stuck during the update and when i would reopen I would get the same error.
100 Blood Elf Warlock
12/10/2012 07:26 AMPosted by Doggybreath
This is BS!

QQ more about a bug that lasted only about 10 minutes. You didn't even have to delete the file. Just sit, be patient, and open the launcher again and it resolves itself.
10 Blood Elf Paladin
deleted file and it worked
90 Dwarf Paladin
thanks everyone. deleted the indicated file and was able to reload it after about ten minutes. looks like it's working so far.
You could also just delete this file in the wow folder. I deleted the updates folder also, seems like that sometimes helps.
Edited by Druenny on 12/10/2012 7:42 AM PST
100 Blood Elf Death Knight
Deleting the file seemed to fix the problem for me.
90 Dwarf Hunter
The repair tool under "Help" fixed this right up for me as well. I definitely recommend you try Blizzard's in-game option before you start deleting things.
SAME PROBLEM HERE IM TRYING THE REPAIR TOOL
FIXED IT =)
100 Blood Elf Warrior
Had this same problem, this fix in this thread works however. Ty gents.
90 Worgen Mage
delete all files located in C:\Users\Public\World of Warcraft\Updates

Your folder might be a different name than mine but I deleted all the MPQ files in that folder restarted launcher worked fine.
90 Human Death Knight
deleted the file and reinstalled it ! worked perfectley thanks guys!
Edited by Ultidk on 12/10/2012 8:16 AM PST
90 Troll Shaman
how did u re dwonload it?

By reopening the launch the game will begin to repatch itself by downloading that file again.
As some mentioned you may have to delete the file itself if you get the corrupt error message which will also contain the path to get to the file- usually programfilesx86/worldofwarcraft/updates/winfinal.mpq
Using the repair tool might fix this for you without having to do anything though. The repair tool can be found under help on the launcher.
100 Draenei Mage
yeah i had the same issue, and instead of going in and deleting the file, i relaunched, clicked the help button, and selected Repair Tool. when it finished, it re DL the patch fine. GL ^_^
90 Human Warrior
nice! its not just me. good to know.
MVP - Technical Support
100 Draenei Mage
12/10/2012 07:21 AMPosted by Jôlie
Can you tell me the exact name of it and where it's located? I had the same problem, ty.

The name of it and path of where to find it is in the error message lol

Deleted it a bunch of times, it's working now. What's really weird is it seemed the file never fully deleted. >.> Went from 0% to 90% right away with 2.3mb left, then done. Was saying 263kb left at 95% or 99.9%.

Might of still had launcher.exe and agent.exe open. Make sure those processes are not open in the task manager before deleting.

The repair tool under "Help" fixed this right up for me as well. I definitely recommend you try Blizzard's in-game option before you start deleting things.

That's the Help menu in the menu bar when you have the Launcher open everyone.
87 Blood Elf Hunter
[

QQ more about a bug that lasted only about 10 minutes. You didn't even have to delete the file. Just sit, be patient, and open the launcher again and it resolves itself.

I am not sure what planet you are on but it doesn't fix itself.
This topic is locked.

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]