wow-0-16357-win-final.mpq corrupt.

(Locked)

Support Forum Agent
Antagonism,

If you don't have a repair tool under the help menu on the launcher then it means you have an older version of the launcher. You'll need to update the launcher.

You mentioned that your issue is that the launcher keeps looping, not that your patch file is corrupt. If your launcher is looping, try resetting the launcher files by deleting the tools folder.
25 Blood Elf Paladin
I feel my case might be slightly different than others. I've deleted the corrupt file ;however, whenever I run Wow (as administrator) It seems to stay stuck at initializing. I've checked the updates folder and it seems the updates does not reload patch. Any help/advice would be great.
90 Goblin Warrior
Then something's not right >.>
This could take hours for me at this rate.
100 Night Elf Hunter
Repair tool should only take like 2-5 minutes not really long at all.
90 Pandaren Shaman
How do I update the launcher?
Just wanted to add my 2cents. I also had this same issue. I tried simply deleting the "corrupt" file and re-started the launcher. That did not help. So I used the repair tool in the help menu of the launcher, which took a lot longer than 5 minutes, but still it finally completed fixing then automatically started the download and after only a couple seconds finished the download and was able to click play. I went back to the updates folder to see what it had done and the old 16309 file is now gone and only the new 16357 file is in the folder.
90 Draenei Paladin
exact same problem with me, it would download to 93.3% in a flash and sit there forever :(
2 Night Elf Druid
The same error occured when i was updating. all you have to do is go to the hardrive and find your WoW folder and find where it says updates and simply delete the error from that folder. After i deleted the error it worked fine and was able to update
90 Human Warlock
Loveli,

If deleting just the corrupt patch file doesn't work, then lets also replace the launcher files.

• Close any Blizzard programs (Agent, game launcher, and game installer).
  • Configure Windows to [url="http://battle.net/support/article/6231"]Show Hidden Files and Folders[/url].
  • Navigate to the Battle.net folder:
  • Windows XP: C:\Documents and Settings\All Users\Application Data\
  • Windows Vista/7: C:\ProgramData\
  • Right click the Battle.net folder.
  • Click Delete.
  • Navigate to the World of Warcraft directory and delete the WoW.mfil, WoW.pfil and WoW.tfil files
  • Navigate to the World of Warcraft\updates directory and delete the wow-0-16357-win-final.mpq file
  • Relaunch the game.

• Might I suggest future error messages directs the End User to the Repair option under the Help Menu? The error message clearly stated to delete the file directly which could lead to catastrophic PEBKAC errors to the under-educated players.
    25 Blood Elf Paladin
    12/10/2012 12:42 PMPosted by Antagonism
    How do I update the launcher?

Would like to know this as well.
    90 Goblin Warrior
    Loveli,

If deleting just the corrupt patch file doesn't work, then lets also replace the launcher files.

Close any Blizzard programs (Agent, game launcher, and game installer).
    Configure Windows to [url="http://battle.net/support/article/6231"]Show Hidden Files and Folders[/url].
    Navigate to the Battle.net folder:
    Windows XP: C:\Documents and Settings\All Users\Application Data\
    Windows Vista/7: C:\ProgramData\
    Right click the Battle.net folder.
    Click Delete.
    Navigate to the World of Warcraft directory and delete the WoW.mfil, WoW.pfil and WoW.tfil files
    Navigate to the World of Warcraft\updates directory and delete the wow-0-16357-win-final.mpq file
    Relaunch the game.

Thank you, this worked for me.
    100 Human Warrior
    Loveli,

• Close any Blizzard programs (Agent, game launcher, and game installer).
  • Configure Windows to [url="http://battle.net/support/article/6231"]Show Hidden Files and Folders[/url].
  • Navigate to the Battle.net folder:
  • Windows XP: C:\Documents and Settings\All Users\Application Data\
  • Windows Vista/7: C:\ProgramData\
  • Right click the Battle.net folder.
  • Click Delete.
  • Navigate to the World of Warcraft directory and delete the WoW.mfil, WoW.pfil and WoW.tfil files
  • Navigate to the World of Warcraft\updates directory and delete the wow-0-16357-win-final.mpq file
  • Relaunch the game.

• This worked for me, thanks!
    MVP - Technical Support
    100 Draenei Mage
    12/10/2012 10:35 AMPosted by Passivepie
    Again, I have "wow-0-16309-Win-final.MPQ" NOT 16357. I have the same launcher problems. Says I'm up to date. Did what was suggested in Blues. No improvement.

Try downloading a new wow.tfil file from :

http://patchup.info/wow/tfil/NA/

unzipping then throwing into the wow folder replacing what's there.
    100 Orc Warlock
    Deleted the Corrupt file, Redownloaded and Huzzah, it works!
    45 Blood Elf Hunter
    Iherpyouderp go to the top of your launcher, find the help tab then go to repair tool. Let it do it's thing. Takes longer than five minutes though. lol Mine repaired then installed the new patch past the 92% mark or whatever then it's playable. Hope this helps.
    25 Blood Elf Warlock
    i even redownlaoded it and it's still giving me the same msg
    100 Blood Elf Paladin
    Well I got fed up with what tickets feed me and saying it's all other programs on my computer besides WoW. So I uninstalled WoW. Currently reinstalling and I was already able to get past the Launcher and get to my character page on a server.
    100 Tauren Warrior
    the repair tool worked out the problem for me. I just needed to be a little patient while it did its job.
    This topic is locked.

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
    Explain (256 characters max)

Reported!

[Close]