Stressed by Sra'vess

I generally don't like to post, but at this point I have to vent somewhere.

I don't know if it's the unreliable rogue companion, the layout and spawn rate of the mantid, or maybe I am missing some crucial part of the mechanics for running these dailies without incident but... I absolutely loathe the Shado-Pan dailies in Sra'vess.

Now, let me be clear, I don't mind a challenge. It helps me get better as a player, but I'm not gaining anything from this quest line except elevated blood pressure and a complete lack of motivation to grind it out the next time it appears in the rotation.

Am I alone in this? Are there people out there who enjoy this series? Is there a trick I am missing?

I'm genuinely curious because as I am typing this my toon's ghost is sitting at the graveyard and the idea of respawning to try and pull one mantid and somehow getting eight again is none too appealing.

#endrant
Reply Quote
90 Human Paladin
I just did it for the first time and I enjoyed it, but I don't mind taking on 8 mantid at a time. I'm gonna say it's class and gear dependent whether you enjoy it or not, although there could be a trick to it. I never did figure out what I was suppose to use the vanishing powder and sleep needles for.
Reply Quote
94 Gnome Mage
I've found the key to Sra'Vess is CC and very, very careful pulling.

It doesn't hurt to follow someone else around.
Reply Quote
4 Blood Elf Paladin
Honestly dont get the NPC's they're worthless. They aggro everything and hit like Mr Burns. You're a hunter, when you have to blow up those tower things have your pet aggro everything "blow" up the stuff run feign and remount. For the quest where you have to kill those elite mobs with the 2 adds, this is what I do. There's a lake in the zone, get on the edges of the lake and misdirect pull to your pet that way you'll avoid pulling any aggro from pathing adds. Hope that helps or made sense.
Reply Quote
I have to agree with OP. This quest line is needlessly difficult.

One. The companions are worse than useless, they make it harder. They don't consistently stealth. Their stealth sometime conflicts with your own if you use a stealth class. You have to use theirs if you want to use the cc darts and coins. Also, if your companion has any aoes, they will likely break your cc target unless you pull the lesser mobs far enough away, which leads me to my next point.

Two. The mobs are so densely packed, that it's nearly impossible not to pull five or six lesser mobs along with your elite. And if you need to move to avoid breaking the cc, that's likely two or three additional mobs. This isn't a problem if you're a tanking class, or a class with high aoe damage (paired with high gear). But for the rest of us, we can only handle so many mobs at once even with cool downs (especially if the cc breaks, which is quite likely despite how careful you are).

Three. I'll grant you that there are many tricks you can use to make these quests easier. But many of these tricks are class/spec specific, and require far more effort than you would have to spend on ANY other daily quest line.

Bottom Line. This quest line is far more difficult and therefore takes far more time and effort than any other quest line I've played (and I've played them all). I see no reason for such a clear disparity, especially for simple daily quests. (Note, I'm aware that you can easily do these quests in a party, but again you don't have to do that for any other quest line).
Reply Quote
100 Goblin Shaman
I actually found the quests to be far easier when I did the 'Loner and a Rebel' achievement. The major hinderance to doing the quests is the absolutely horrible companions, I'm almost fearing having to do the quests with a companion for the 'Getting Around with the Shado-Pan' achievement.
Reply Quote
100 Goblin Death Knight
I tried the Ssra'vess dailies, once. From that day forward, whenever i saw a ! over Ling of the Six Pools, i turned around and got back on the kite. Agree with all of the 'too many mobs, too close together, and idiot companions' (plus it seems like 90% of them are elite, or if you attack a non-elite, it chains to three elites). Don't need the aggravation, and now I'm exalted with Shado-Pan.
Reply Quote
100 Blood Elf Priest
02/23/2013 09:43 PMPosted by Krauzzank
I tried the Ssra'vess dailies, once. From that day forward, whenever i saw a ! over Ling of the Six Pools, i turned around and got back on the kite. Agree with all of the 'too many mobs, too close together, and idiot companions' (plus it seems like 90% of them are elite, or if you attack a non-elite, it chains to three elites). Don't need the aggravation, and now I'm exalted with Shado-Pan.

Exactly.

So much time and effort to complete those quests. I can avoid deaths now but in the beginning, it was ridiculous. The quest gold didn't cover the repair bills!!

I ended up pulling/kiting the elite + entourage close to the cliff edges and just focused the elite then turn around and ran away with a cliff dive (helps if you can levitate/slowfall/etc) or situated correctly over water and not ledges.

Maybe I'll wait til next xpac to finish this achievement.
Reply Quote
100 Human Rogue
So much time and effort to complete those quests. I can avoid deaths now but in the beginning, it was ridiculous. The quest gold didn't cover the repair bills!!

Same for me and worse for my priest. Shado Pan rep took the longest because I didn't see any point to Dying for Dailies. I except to die sometimes on a difficult quest or raid boss, but dailies? No thanks.

So...I just stopped doing the really bad ones and/or skipped the companion. Sure, it took a little longer to get Exalted but a lot less aggravation.

Worked so well I now do this with every faction - Operation: Shieldwall mine quests? See ya tomorrow! :D
Reply Quote
100 Tauren Druid
Take Taoshi. She puts a debuff on your main target that inflicts a 15% increased damage and makes all the Elites a joke. The smaller guys get destroyed by it.

Do not take Hawkmaster Nurong under any circumstances.
Reply Quote
100 Blood Elf Priest
Take Taoshi. She puts a debuff on your main target that inflicts a 15% increased damage and makes all the Elites a joke. The smaller guys get destroyed by it.

Do not take Hawkmaster Nurong under any circumstances.

Yeah but that "hanging out with Shado-pan" achievement makes you take him for 15 quests. This is not being done on purpose or because he's a fat cutie - we Have to take him. =)
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]