hunter traps

90 Undead Warlock
Newby hunter here. Been trying pvp with my hunter for the last week or so and i can't understand how traps are ment to function, but the only time im able to reliably utilize them is when chained with a scatter shot. Other then that, i might as well unbind them.

So basically I'm here to ask, is that all hunter traps are good for (to be utilized with scatter shot)?

Btw I'm playing from Australia so my average latency is around 204, will that be effecting activation and arming time?

thanks in advance.
Reply Quote
8 Goblin Warrior
If planned right you can lead them into one but pretty much it's Scatter/Trap for Freezing Trap although I have gotten away with just launching them at the feet of someone who is stationary long enough. Blizzard keeps Traps that way for Flavor. I don't know about the latency thing and my betters will be along soon to better explain it.
Reply Quote
90 Human Hunter
12/10/2012 09:47 PMPosted by Necrofuhrer
Other then that, i might as well unbind them.

If u going to unbind your traps u might aswell delete your Hunter.
Sure if you PvP a guaranteed trap is setup by Scatter shot in most cases BUT in BG's there are many other situations i use my traps. If my team mates snare and/or root an enemy player i also find it easy to trap them.

You can use traps defensively on choke points (like the tunnels in WSG). You have to get creative on how to use them and what each one of them does.
Every Hunter will tell you it's a blast to blow people off the edges (LM, EotS) with glyphed Explosive trap.

Also your latency is as good as mine (currently deployed) and I have no issues.
Reply Quote
90 Human Hunter
Don't unbind them yo
Reply Quote
80 Undead Hunter
12/10/2012 10:11 PMPosted by Mànhunter
Every Hunter will tell you it's a blast to blow people off the edges (LM, EotS) with glyphed Explosive trap.

Best glyph ever
Reply Quote
90 Night Elf Hunter
Freezing Trap is meant to be utilized with Scatter Shot. Get used to using that combo, because it's our main form of CC.

Also, you can fire off traps without breaking stealth in Camouflage. It's great for defending flags in BGs.
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]