Shadow Mastery

90 Undead Priest
I raid almost exclusively as disc but have slowly been piecing together a shadow set for kicks and something new to do on farm. That said my shadow set is a little mastery heavy from the shared pieces. I was curious if the extra damage from a mastery proc on SW:P works with the talent Divine Insight to get more MB's. Just looking for a little silver lining to all this extra mastery while I complete a pure dps set
Edited by Malefacin on 12/10/2012 6:14 PM PST
Reply Quote
90 Troll Priest
It does, but Haste is far superior. Crit is better than Mastery.

http://us.battle.net/wow/en/forum/topic/6369327305#8
Reply Quote
90 Blood Elf Priest
It's not so much that Mastery is bad it's just that we have so much of it relative to crit and haste that it looses some of its value because the other two are so low. Relative to intellect the difference between the stats is not so great.
Reply Quote
90 Human Priest
12/10/2012 06:18 PMPosted by Ashleycakez
Crit is better than Mastery.

This is something that I've been confused about ever since Mastery was changed for us. I realize that most people say "Crit is better cause it sims higher", but I've always wondered the "why" behind that reasoning.

Haste and Mastery seem like a pair made in heaven. More mastery means better chance to get a double DoT tick which in turn means a better chance for Divine Insight (and FDCL if you take it) to proc. More DI procs means sooner Devouring Plagues. Factor haste into that and everything has a chance to happen that much faster.

I'm just so confused as to how crit can beat that, especially when you get less crit % per point compared to mastery.
Reply Quote
90 Human Priest

I'm just so confused....

This comment here makes me want to nerd rage. It's not you, it's not me, it's not any other spriest, it's Blizzard.
Reply Quote
90 Worgen Priest
I always thought that since our mastery is pretty much like crit for our DoT's,

(100% + 100% = 200% right?)

It's an ok stat, but it doesn't affect our main sources of damage, IE Mind Blast and SW:D, so crit is superior.

Either way, they're both crap, but I guess one is better than the other.
Reply Quote
90 Night Elf Priest
This comment here makes me want to nerd rage. It's not you, it's not me, it's not any other spriest, it's Blizzard.

Why would you be mad at Blizzard for not making stats cut-and-dried?
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]