Error!

So I started downloading the world of warcraft starter version a few weeks ago. In a day or two it reached 50-some-odd percent, going from apparently playable to apparently optimal. Its worked perfectly up until this morning, at 71.4%. When I tried to load WoW like Ive been doing for at least 2 weeks it came up with this error: C:/Program Files/World of Warcraft/Updates/wow-0-16357-Win-final.MPQ appears to be corrupt. You may need to download this file again.
What does this mean? Can I fix it or do I have to redownload?
Reply Quote
90 Dwarf Warlock
I'm getting the same exactly error. i really hope i don't have to re-download all the way from classic to MoP again...
Reply Quote
85 Troll Druid
I got this error ran repair tool.... worked fine
Reply Quote
Repair tool? Will try. Thanks.
Reply Quote
It doesnt seem to be letting me run the repair tool! Actually it will not. The message pops up almost immediately after I open the game and it wont let me click anything else.
Reply Quote
85 Human Priest
if repair tool doesnt work. delete the said mpq file. then run wow in administrator mode

If deleting just the corrupt patch file doesn't work, then lets also replace the launcher files.

Close any Blizzard programs (Agent, game launcher, and game installer).
Configure Windows to Show Hidden Files and Folders.
Navigate to the Battle.net folder:
Windows XP: C:\Documents and Settings\All Users\Application Data\
Windows Vista/7: C:\ProgramData\
Right click the Battle.net folder.
Click Delete.
Navigate to the World of Warcraft directory and delete the WoW.mfil, WoW.pfil and WoW.tfil files
Navigate to the World of Warcraft\updates directory and delete the wow-0-16357-win-final.mpq file
Relaunch the game.

then try this. make sure to run in adminstrator mode after words

First make sure no agent.exe , launcher.exe or wow.exe running (restart if it's easier for you)

Then Open the Wow folder then your WTF folder.

Open config.wtf in a text editor (eg NotePad)

Add this line:

SET patchlist "http://enUS.patch.battle.net:1119/patch"
Edited by Twinparadox on 12/10/2012 7:43 PM PST
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]