Leveling Through Pet Battles. Thoughts?

85 Blood Elf Mage
So we can level by questing.

We can level in dungeons.

We can level in battlegrounds.

We can even get xp from gathering professions.

...Why is it that pet battles don't give xp?

I find this minigame extremely enjoyable and really wish that I could gain a few levels on my lowbie toons by doing it.

Anyone else feel the same way?
Reply Quote
90 Goblin Rogue
Sure, why not.

/stay hidden
Reply Quote
90 Human Warlock
It would be a good excuse to pet battle on some alts and such.

I mean, I leveled two alts almost entirely from 85 to 87 on a ton of herbing/mining/general gathering.
Some pet battle xp would be nice.
Reply Quote
90 Human Warlock
If we could have leveled by pet battles, I would have had realm first 90. >_>
Reply Quote
85 Blood Elf Mage
12/10/2012 09:22 PMPosted by Alfriedo
It's because you don't learn how to play your class by fighting only with pets.

As opposed to learning how to play your class by picking flowers/mining?
Reply Quote
75 Human Mage
12/10/2012 09:12 PMPosted by Kincayd
Sure, why not.
Reply Quote
90 Undead Warlock
Eh....

The only reason I don't really like this is because your character isn't fighting. He or she is never getting any better because they might as well be standing behind your pokemon team naked!
Reply Quote
85 Blood Elf Mage
12/10/2012 10:24 PMPosted by Loans
Not a profession though. Those weren't meant to actually "level" seriously with, just a bonus. I'd be fine if they werent even perks anymore.

^_^. But my logic is that both professions and pet battles are fun little diversions that can be done while leveling.

However one gives xp to compensate for time lost, and one doesn't.

It's not a *massive* thing, but it is something I'd really like to see. Even if the gains were similar to professions/BGs (ie. sub-optimal for leveling).
Reply Quote
85 Blood Elf Mage
Eh....

The only reason I don't really like this is because your character isn't fighting. He or she is never getting any better because they might as well be standing behind your pokemon team naked!

I wouldn't disagree aside from the fact that you can say the *exact* same thing about herbing/mining.
Edited by Sorrów on 12/10/2012 10:30 PM PST
Reply Quote
75 Human Mage
12/10/2012 10:24 PMPosted by Loans
Not a profession though. Those weren't meant to actually "level" seriously with, just a bonus. I'd be fine if they werent even perks anymore.

you get exp from exploring zones. A very small amount, but still.
Reply Quote
90 Blood Elf Priest
sounds like a great idea.
Reply Quote
90 Undead Warlock
Eh....

I wouldn't disagree aside from the fact that you can say the *exact* same thing about herbing/mining.

Yeah but at least your DOING something there. Its not much, but you work somewhat for herbing/minng.

Pet battles you stand there. You deserve to be about as buff as Ash Ketchum.
Reply Quote
85 Blood Elf Mage
12/10/2012 10:33 PMPosted by Cármina
sounds like a great idea.

Blizzard couldn't make it too good though.

I'd actually be happy with a daily PvP pet battle quest, a small amount from wild pet battles and the Trainer quests.
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]