Ashes of Al'Ar: Normal or Heroic Difficulty?!

(Locked)

90 Dwarf Hunter
I feel like a total idiot for even having to ask; I have looked everywhere, and can't seem to find a definite answer! What level of raid does Tempest Keep have to be for a chance for Al'ar to drop? 10, or 25? Normal, or Heroic?

Thanks.
90 Troll Druid
it only has 1 level of difficulty and only available on normal switchable heroic modes werent introduced until wrath
90 Dwarf Hunter
12/10/2012 11:48 PMPosted by Phaë
it only has 1 level of difficulty and only available on normal switchable heroic modes werent introduced until wrath

Well, that doesn't quite answer my question very straightforwardly, because we still have the options of 10 or 25, Normal or Heroic ... but, thanks?!

(Wow, now I really feel like an idiot.)
You don't actually have those options. The raid defaults to "25 player" when you zone in as that is the only difficulty The Eye is available in.
90 Draenei Paladin
12/10/2012 11:53 PMPosted by Mypsie

Well, that doesn't quite answer my question very straightforwardly, because we still have the options of 10 or 25, Normal or Heroic ... but, thanks?

You don't have the option, because there are no such options for Tempest Keep.

It has one difficulty, and one size.
100 Dwarf Death Knight
zoning into the eye automatically zones you into 25 normal mode, no matter what settings you have, those options didn't exist until nax had 10/25, and TOC had heroic and normal mode

Everything before Wrath of the Lich King is a preset difficulty and size.
Edited by Postonforums on 12/11/2012 12:02 AM PST
90 Dwarf Hunter
Oh! Ok. I'm pretty sure I get it now. I was confused, because my husband and I tried running it tonight, and we set it to Normal (or, thought we were) and it said it expired in 8 hours. And I thought, "well, that can't be right! It's supposed to lock for a week!" buuut, of course, it's Monday night, and it would reset tomorrow anyway. ^,^;; (Yes, I feel like even more of an idiot.)

The fact that the skull didn't show on the instance door when set to Heroic should have been an indication as well, I guess?

Wow. Call me Dypsie.

Ok, new dumb question. Has the drop rate increased, then? I had another guild friend telling me that the drop rate for Heroic is higher now than normal. But that wouldn't even make sense if it's just a 25 Man Normal. ... I guess I answered my own question there!

I think it's time to go to bed ... >,O
100 Dwarf Death Knight
Ok, new dumb question. Has the drop rate increased, then? I had another guild friend telling me that the drop rate for Heroic is higher now than normal. But that wouldn't even make sense if it's just a 25 Man Normal. ... I guess I answered my own question there!

Droprate has never changed for Ashes, it's always been roughly 2%
Edited by Postonforums on 12/11/2012 1:40 AM PST
This topic is locked.

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)

Reported!

[Close]