RP location directory needs suggestions

90 Pandaren Priest
http://warcraftlocations.tumblr.com/

This is a project Jiri and I have been wanting to do for a while and now that we're both 90 with Pandaria flight, we're doing it!

Basically this is just a tumblog of good locations for roleplay out in the open world. Of course, there's a ton of such locations, so we'd appreciate some help finding them all. If you've got suggestions for places we should go to, feel free to drop them in our ask box. Right now we've got the one post up, though I should have a few more queued shortly.
Edited by Raisheal on 12/10/2012 10:08 AM PST
Reply Quote
90 Gnome Priest
What a great idea! I have a list of "picnic spots" that are great for small scenes. I'll submit some.
Reply Quote
90 Pandaren Priest
Thanks, Prikka :3 Thos'll be added to the list of places to swing by some point this week.
Reply Quote
90 Blood Elf Monk
I'm a bit confused about the name of the directory.
"Not your average Tavern" suggests that you are looking for tavern based RP and I know that only three (two alliance, one horde) of my characters would ever set foot in a tavern. I know others who dislike tavern RP as well.

I don't know how this tumblog works since I don't use Tumblr, but is there a kind of sub category planned for non-tavern RP? Might make a search easier, if it is possible to add sub categories.

hugs
Edited by Yezian on 12/10/2012 1:11 PM PST
Reply Quote
12/10/2012 01:10 PMPosted by Yezian
"Not your average Tavern" suggests that you are looking for tavern based RP

I believe that's just the name of the blog.

I'm going to guess that the tags will categorize submissions.
Reply Quote
90 Blood Elf Death Knight
Fantastic idea. I've got some screenshots of places and where they are on the map in my screenshots folders, I can go through those and grab the coordinates when I'm in-game. And possibly better screenshots for the ones that I don't have great screenshots for.
Reply Quote
90 Night Elf Druid
45:94 Bloodsail fleet (friendly when phased) (CoSTV)
76:67 Troll/Orcish Cave by the lake (NSTV)
66:37 Dwarf Blacksmithy (NSTV)
65:40 Troll Temple (NSTV)
67:61 Gnomish House (NSTV)
13:17 Deadmines outer door (NSTV)
42:88 Farmhouse and Orchard (WF)
36:89 Dock and Boat (WF)
52:78 Campsite (WF)
69:73 Mortwake's Tower (WF)
19:18 Two boats on small island (DW)
90:29 Beggar's Haunt (DW)
50:76 Yorgen Farmstead (DW)
53:34 Ariden's Camp (DwP)
48:68 Karazhan and the town below (DwP)
34:62 Isolated Western Deadwind Gulch (DWP)
39:30 Horde Warlock Camp (DwP)
18:67 Cave with Troll Drums (SoS)
81:6 Pirate Ships (SoS)
24:76 Campsite and Cave (EF)
56:16 Campsite (EF)
60:50 Stonewatch Keep and Tower (RRM)
33:17 Render's Camp Tower (RRM)
37:51 Lothar's Statue (BS)
25:22 Blackwing Descent Entrance; Nef's Balcony (BS)
44:26 Demon Summoning Circle (BL)
54:12 Nethergarde Mines (BL)
69:33 Campsite and Butcher's Table (SG)
42:20 Dark Iron Crane (SG)
63:75 Coccoon and camp (SG)
59:81 Deamon Hoarse Summoning Circle (SG)
72:80 Fungal Cave (SG)
9:48 Camp and Robot Dude (BL)
26:37 Apothecary Camp (BL)
28:31 Plateaued Hill (BL)
51:34 Atlantean Sword's Resting Place (BL)
55:14 Skull Spot (BL)
44:15 Lookout (BL)
69:31 Ironforge Ascension Camp (DM)
30:25 Bear Camp (DM)
64:26 Ironforge Peak (DM)
57:24 Dwarven Sled Team (DM)
34:61 Gnomish Anvilmar Camp (DM)
41:49 Observation Post (DM)
60:52 Destoryed camp (DM)
16:72 Dwarven Farm (WL)
46:64 Wetlands Lake and Tower (WL)
63:77 Lakeside Cave (WL)
44:25 Ironbeard's Tomb (WL)
41:22 Dark Iron Camp (WL)
36:15 Titan Shrine (WL)
26:25 Dwarven Mills (WL)
87,73 Dwarven Farm (AH)
61:73 Spider Cave (LM)
43:16 Crashed Zeppelin (WL)
78:55 Arathi Plateau (AH)
22:60 Stromgarde Crypt (AH)
67:52 Burial for a Knight (HbF)
53:39 Hinterlands Palisade (HL)
26:87 Purgation Isle (HbF)
59:60 Ambermill (SpF)
46:54 Olsen's Farthing (SpF)
45:73 Pyrewood Village (SpF)
65:27 Fenris Isle (SpF)
44:8 Dandred's Fold (HbF)
4:38 House on Thondoril River (EPL)
52:27 Valgan's Field (SpF)
15:52 Western Tirisfal (TG)
33:51 Solliden Farmstead (TG)
87:33 Scarlet Monestary Courtyard (TG)
Reply Quote
Two that come to mind easily are Featherbeard's Hovel in the Hinterlands (no one in there) and the house by the docks in Loch Modan.
Reply Quote
90 Pandaren Priest
I'm a bit confused about the name of the directory.
"Not your average Tavern" suggests that you are looking for tavern based RP and I know that only three (two alliance, one horde) of my characters would ever set foot in a tavern. I know others who dislike tavern RP as well.

I don't know how this tumblog works since I don't use Tumblr, but is there a kind of sub category planned for non-tavern RP? Might make a search easier, if it is possible to add sub categories.

hugs

Yes that's just the name of the blog. The tags list zone, subzone, and certain other things (like if it's dual faction or requires flying). Once I can figure out how to display them in the sidebar the tags will be there for clicking and browsing.

Still waiting on a mass tag editor Tumblr.
Reply Quote
There is a mass tag editor on Tumblr, but A), I'm not sure it's even easily accessible without browser extensions anymore, and B), having used it on multiple blogs I have found it to be an enormous pain in the hiney to work with. One of my blogs I threw up my hands and just did the tag edits post by post because the mass editor is just...whargarble.
Reply Quote
The only place that I can think of that really struck me as kinda nifty was this cave someone showed me on the southern coast of the Ahn'Qiraj zone. Don't know the specific coordinates and actually haven't been back to it in a while (it's one of the locations I've filed away as a safe house for Lann), mostly cause someone in my guild stated that it was possibly being used by some cult or another...I forget exactly. *Shrugs*

The only other one I can think of is the Floating shipwreck between Hellfire and Netherstorm that everyone seems to know about.
Reply Quote
90 Blood Elf Paladin
This is pretty nice of you to want to organize this... I like it! Sorry I can't be any help @_@ This week anyway ( !%#^& FINALS! I HATE COLLEGE!)
Reply Quote
Oh my great googly moogly. I'll have to try and submit some things when I get a chance. I love exploring and finding places like that and I know a ton of them.
Reply Quote
I checked the Loch Modan docks house yesterday, and there's actually one NPC in there. I did find another place in the area- an empty house in Thelsamar. It's across from the tavern, and there are two NPCs (smith and warrior trainer, I think) on the porch, there is no one inside.
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]