Hollow Earth Theory

55 Dwarf Warrior
What do you guys think about it?
Reply Quote
89 Night Elf Death Knight
Pretty sure most earthquakes reach the sensors located around the world according to a nearly spherical Earth such that the magma and core inside it are recorded as areas that result in delay of arrival and reflecting/refracting of the original wave.
Reply Quote
90 Goblin Rogue
The hollow earth 'theory' isn't a theory at all. Just like Flat Earth, Young Earth and Expanding Earth aren't theories.

They're imagined idiocies spawned from what i can only assume is a brain chewed through by syphilis.
Reply Quote
89 Tauren Druid
Nope. How would it get hollow in the first place?

If we propose that the Earth formed from raw elements orbiting a newly born star some 4-5 billion years ago that eventually clumped together by their own gravitational pull, there's no way there could be any space within.
Reply Quote
60 Human Death Knight
"hollow earth theory"

if p-waves and s-waves didn't exist, this might work...oh, and the magnetic field...
Reply Quote
70 Goblin Warrior
I think it's a sound theory you should present your findings at the next major geological summit.
Reply Quote
90 Human Hunter
I think it's madness.
Reply Quote
85 Human Paladin
It has already been confirmed that Earth has a Tootsie Roll center.
Reply Quote
90 Human Warrior
think of lava as the blood of the earth, and nucleus as a hyper dense gravitational vortex of chaotic electromagnets, keeping the earth on a constant axis and disaxis and winter, summer, the whole bit
Reply Quote
90 Blood Elf Hunter
if we had a hollow earth, we would have no magnetic field.

as a result there would be no life on this planet.
Reply Quote
31 Tauren Paladin
12/18/2012 01:44 PMPosted by Terrokar
think of lava as the blood of the earth, and nucleus as a hyper dense gravitational vortex of chaotic electromagnets, keeping the earth on a constant axis and disaxis and winter, summer, the whole bit

so, earth is a giant, blood-filled magnet???
Reply Quote
50 Undead Warlock
earth is a spherical structure, comprised of carbon based materials
Reply Quote
90 Goblin Rogue
12/21/2012 07:21 AMPosted by Mannawar

it's not even a sphere, it's a pear, and i mean there are carbon based materials on the earth, but there's also a crap ton that isn't carbon, like... water
Reply Quote
31 Tauren Paladin
12/21/2012 09:12 AMPosted by Liadon

it's not even a sphere, it's a pear, and i mean there are carbon based materials on the earth, but there's also a crap ton that isn't carbon, like... water

how is earth a pear? seems more like a lumpy sphere.
all living things are made of carbon. some nonliving things are and some arent. how does the composition of earth prove weather or not its hollow.
in an infinite universe, anything is possible. i say, lets fund a diamond drill, and tunnel to the center! with luck, we will find precious stones/ fossils which will make up the money spent. sadly, my funds are limited to $20. anyone have several million dollars on them? i just estimated several million dollars, im not sure if it would be more.
Reply Quote
90 Goblin Rogue
12/21/2012 12:38 PMPosted by Mcburger

how is earth a pear? seems more like a lumpy sphere.
all living things are made of carbon. some nonliving things are and some arent. how does the composition of earth prove weather or not its hollow.
in an infinite universe, anything is possible. i say, lets fund a diamond drill, and tunnel to the center! with luck, we will find precious stones/ fossils which will make up the money spent. sadly, my funds are limited to $20. anyone have several million dollars on them? i just estimated several million dollars, im not sure if it would be more.

earth's a geoid, pear shaped: http://www.nature.com/nature/journal/v246/n5428/abs/246086a0.html

for visual reference:
http://4.bp.blogspot.com/-HwbDMisB7DI/TZlICWZh5gI/AAAAAAAADfo/LeLgZnKbPeE/s400/Goce-Poster_5000x5000_01_L.jpg

there won't be any fossils below the crust; they'd be liquefied.
Reply Quote
31 Tauren Paladin
wow, i should call the globe company.

well, we would find ore and fossils/minerals in the crust. if that doesnt make up the money, wouldnt the money made by our discovery of the center of the earth? tabloids would be all over it.
Reply Quote
90 Human Priest
If the Earth was hollow, we wouldn't have a Magnetic Field to protect us from the suns damaging rays. If the Earth was hollow the Earth wouldn't have enough gravity to keep a satellite that is 1/81 the mass of the earth in Orbit. If the Earth was hollow Gravity would crush the Earth into itself. If the Earth was hollow the Earth would have been destroyed by the Mars sized planetesimal that slammed into it creating the moon. If the Earth was hollow all of the Earths oceans and fresh water would seep into the Earth. If the Earth was hollow mankind would not exist. If the Earth was hollow single celled organism's would never have evolved into multi-celled organisms. Lastly, if the Earth was Hollow our orbit would be much more perturbed by the other planets around us, and we would slide in and out of our orbit and eventually tumble into the sun, getting back to the whole mankind never existing thing.

No, the Earth is not Hollow, it has a hot metallic core that is churning.

Also of note, the Earth is oblate spheroid shaped due to centripetal force of the rotation of the earth on its axis.
Edited by Ãpollo on 12/30/2012 9:19 AM PST
Reply Quote
90 Draenei Shaman
12/15/2012 06:58 AMPosted by Girlsgonewow
I think it's madness.

No it's sparta.
Reply Quote
Hollow Earth? Odd. Hollow Mars(If and after we colonize)? Sure.
Reply Quote
90 Draenei Paladin
Might make a good story.
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]