why do we have lockboxes?

90 Worgen Hunter
no one ever opens these things, and keys on AH only being useful for BS is a slap in the face.

lets just get rid of these things pls
Reply Quote
Have you even opened one?
Reply Quote
90 Undead Mage
Engineers have keys too...

Also, Lockboxes contain 20-35g and a random green item.
Reply Quote
90 Undead Priest
They won't remove them just because you want them to. Level a rogue if you want to unlock one then.
Reply Quote
90 Blood Elf Death Knight
The other night I opened one and got another Lockbox, it happened to me 5 times in a row!
Reply Quote
86 Dwarf Hunter
It would be awesome to have "Unlock" roll when they drop in 5mans. Kind of like having "Disenchant" roll when there is an Enchanter in a group, same here if you are grouped with a rogue.
Reply Quote
90 Tauren Druid
Lockboxes are a pain if you can't open them yourself or have someone online who can.
Reply Quote
90 Human Hunter
Why do we have lockboxes, inside lockboxes? Makes no sense.
Reply Quote
90 Dwarf Warlock
12/10/2012 01:41 PMPosted by Shenanigans
The other night I opened one and got another Lockbox, it happened to me 5 times in a row!

My record is only three.

Plus, I unlock them all the time. Costs ~1g (if that) to make the new powderkegs for 50g+ if I vendor the green.

12/10/2012 01:43 PMPosted by Girlsgonewow
Why do we have lockboxes, inside lockboxes? Makes no sense.

They weren't counting on especially determined Blacksmiths/Engineers/Rogues.
Edited by Awkward on 12/10/2012 1:44 PM PST
Reply Quote
90 Night Elf Druid
It would be awesome to have "Unlock" roll when they drop in 5mans. Kind of like having "Disenchant" roll when there is an Enchanter in a group, same here if you are grouped with a rogue.

Interesting idea. I agree.
Reply Quote
90 Night Elf Rogue
We rogues may be totally absent in PvP, we may be near absent in PvE, we may number less across all three specs combined than Retribution Paladins, but somehow, we always find a way to aggravate our fellow players.
Reply Quote
90 Orc Shaman
12/10/2012 01:07 PMPosted by Endl
no one ever opens these things

I open each and every one. They contain too much gold not to, which is why I prefer seeing a lockbox to just a normal green item.

I'd be pretty disapointed if they got rid of them.

The only change I feel they should make to lock boxes is to make it so that you cannot Need on them in groups. Since you don't know what it contains, there is no way you can know you need its contents, it's just a tool for selfish (and consequently attentive) people.
Reply Quote
90 Human Rogue
Most guilds tend to have at least one rogue, I'm always opening them for guildies.
Reply Quote
90 Blood Elf Warlock
12/10/2012 01:41 PMPosted by Shenanigans
Boxception!
Reply Quote
90 Troll Rogue
Most people in my guild just bring them to raid night and ask me to open them there.

Alternatively, you could ask in trade or general chat. If I see someone asking, I'll usually take a minute to open a box or five for them.
Reply Quote
90 Undead Rogue
12/10/2012 01:07 PMPosted by Endl
no one ever opens these things,

You're not offering a big enough tip.
Reply Quote
90 Draenei Warrior
We have them so I can get 30ish free gold and a green. That's why.
Reply Quote
86 Dwarf Hunter
12/10/2012 01:48 PMPosted by Tranzia
Boxception!

And the 6th box is Limbox.
Reply Quote
55 Orc Death Knight

FIVE in a row? I call... um... your name.

Off-topic: what are your favorite numbers? Please choose five and a power ba... sixth.
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]