So the Monkey King is pals with Anduin

90 Human Mage
I got the feeling the Celestials are about to go.....unfriendly with us.
Reply Quote
85 Tauren Shaman
12/10/2012 03:34 PMPosted by Valius

How's that relevant?
Reply Quote
Only response I can think of is this...

/facepalm
Reply Quote
90 Human Mage
12/10/2012 03:35 PMPosted by Skytotem

How's that relevant?

Well someone mentioned Celestials along with the Monkey King. I got a feeling we're going to be met with unfriendly attention...sooner or later.
Reply Quote
41 Gnome Priest
12/10/2012 02:48 PMPosted by Skytotem
Really we're going to be upset that the Monkey King befriends Anduin? I have to call foul.

Um... yes?

We get saddled with the worst of the entire hozen race and you guys get to pal around with their awesome king? How'd you like it if all your Jinyu had three minute memory and the Horde got a wise and powerful Jinyu Emperor? :P

No one cares about the Jinyu, I don't even think they've done anything in the story aside from ally with the alliance in the Jade Forest because the water told them the Hozen would kill them if they didn't.
Reply Quote
85 Tauren Shaman
12/10/2012 03:51 PMPosted by Healstime
No one cares about the Jinyu, I don't even think they've done anything in the story aside from ally with the alliance in the Jade Forest because the water told them the Hozen would kill them if they didn't.

Jinyu are actually cool and interesting and have something to contribute though besides flinging poop :P
Reply Quote
41 Gnome Priest
12/10/2012 04:01 PMPosted by Skytotem
Jinyu are actually cool and interesting and have something to contribute though besides flinging poop :P

What have they actually done in the story? Aside from almost being killed off by the Hozen and that drunk at halfhill.
Reply Quote
85 Tauren Shaman
What have they actually done in the story? Aside from almost being killed off by the Hozen and that drunk at halfhill.

I dunno what drunk you're referring to but they're the reason the Emperor of Pandaria knew to shield the bloody continent since it was a Jinyu that predicted the Sundering.
Reply Quote
90 Human Mage
Jogu the Drunk and I forgot about the Jinyu predicting the Sundering. We need more of those guys. Tells us when the next expansion is and.....other things >.>
Reply Quote
1 Blood Elf Rogue
I have a feeling Blizzard is setting up Anduin to be the next Warchief.
Reply Quote
90 Pandaren Shaman
12/10/2012 04:14 PMPosted by Aureus
I have a feeling Blizzard is setting up Anduin to be the next Warchief.

Lay of the dope man.
Reply Quote
41 Gnome Priest
12/10/2012 04:10 PMPosted by Skytotem

I dunno what drunk you're referring to but they're the reason the Emperor of Pandaria knew to shield the bloody continent since it was a Jinyu that predicted the Sundering.

Oh, one guy did something millennium ago. But they still haven't really done anything in the story now. Also the drunk is the only Jinyu at Halfhill that sits by the water and you give him the apple for a present.

Did Cho even give a lorewalker speech about the Jinyu? They just seem like another forgotten race Blizzard threw into the game.
Reply Quote
90 Troll Hunter
Did Cho even give a lorewalker speech about the Jinyu? They just seem like another forgotten race Blizzard threw into the game.

Yes, he did, about the Jinyu's origins and how they predicted the Sundering.
Reply Quote
85 Tauren Shaman
Oh, one guy did something millennium ago. But they still haven't really done anything in the story now

So, shouldn't the argument be that they should be doing things... with the Alliance?
Reply Quote
41 Gnome Priest
12/10/2012 04:19 PMPosted by Pyronaptor

Yes, he did, about the Jinyu's origins and how they predicted the Sundering.

Must have forgot that one, thought it was tied in with the emperor.

12/10/2012 04:22 PMPosted by Skytotem
Oh, one guy did something millennium ago. But they still haven't really done anything in the story now

So, shouldn't the argument be that they should be doing things... with the Alliance?

Other than the cutscene in Jade forest they don't really exist in the game (where is little lou?), well aside from those npcs you kill in Kun-lai and that boss you kill in the Jade temple. At least the Hozen are all over and they get a monkey king.
Reply Quote
90 Troll Hunter
Other than the cutscene in Jade forest they don't really exist in the game (where is little lou?), well aside from those npcs you kill in Kun-lai and that boss you kill in the Jade temple. At least the Hozen are all over and they get a monkey king.

Jinyu and Hozen appear in the same frequency. They both have friendly npcs throughout Pandaria. They both have hostile quests in Kul-Lai. (Hozen are not "all over the place.") They both appear in the Jade Forest. They're both have an important role in Shaohao's story.
Edited by Pyronaptor on 12/10/2012 4:36 PM PST
Reply Quote
To be fair, isn't like, almost every Jinyu past Jade Forest Neutral? AFAIK, Horde get access to multiple Jinyu quest hubs in Karasang and Kun Lai.
Reply Quote
41 Gnome Priest
12/10/2012 04:36 PMPosted by Pyronaptor

Jinyu and Hozen appear in the same frequency. They both have friendly npcs throughout Pandaria. They both have hostile quests in Kul-Lai. (Hozen are not "all over the place.") They both appear in the Jade Forest. They're both have an important role in Shaohao's story.

Well hostile Hozen in Valley and The wilds too (as well as an instance and scenario). That's neither here nor there, but the Jinyu just haven't seemed to have much of an impact on the story, the Hozen at least get their monkey king to do their part in the lore, the Jinyu were just npcs fighting the hozen npcs in the cut-scene. Other than that they've played no part. What have they been up too since the jade forest? Nobody knows. They haven't been assisting the alliance.
Edited by Healstime on 12/10/2012 4:45 PM PST
Reply Quote
90 Troll Hunter
12/10/2012 04:43 PMPosted by Healstime
What have they been up too since the jade forest?

You can say the same thing about the Forest Hozen.

What you're saying is just like saying that the Darkspear don't need any attention because we see Trolls as a whole all over Azeroth.
Reply Quote
41 Gnome Priest
12/10/2012 04:48 PMPosted by Pyronaptor
What have they been up too since the jade forest?

You can say the same thing about the Forest Hozen.

What you're saying is just like saying that the Darkspear don't need any attention because we see Trolls as a whole all over Azeroth.

Then I don't see the problem with the monkey king helping out anduin, who is MC Neutral pants anyway. The Jinyu don't really seem to be alliance, aside from them assisting the alliance because the alliance prevented them from being wiped out by the Hozen.
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]