So the Monkey King is pals with Anduin

100 Human Warrior
Also, after reading the Jinyu lorewalker scrolls, you get the sense they are awesome as hell. Watersmithing is awesome.
Reply Quote
100 Troll Hunter
Then I don't see the problem with the monkey king helping out anduin, who is MC Neutral pants anyway. The Jinyu don't really seem to be alliance, aside from them assisting the alliance because the alliance prevented them from being wiped out by the Hozen.

So, basically, if you can't get the lore, no one can? That's the vibe I'm getting, no offence.
Edited by Pyronaptor on 12/10/2012 5:03 PM PST
Reply Quote
100 Human Priest
Then I don't see the problem with the monkey king helping out anduin, who is MC Neutral pants anyway. The Jinyu don't really seem to be alliance, aside from them assisting the alliance because the alliance prevented them from being wiped out by the Hozen.

Jinyu can be one of the allies for one of the bases during "A Little Patience" scenario.

Hozen are also more or less killed for quests by Grummles and Pandaren farmers. Jinyu have neat culture like watersmithing and you help one use an incantation to expel sha from someone.
Reply Quote
85 Tauren Shaman
12/10/2012 04:51 PMPosted by Healstime
Then I don't see the problem with the monkey king helping out anduin, who is MC Neutral pants anyway.

I'd have less of an issue with it if we, the guys who befriended the hozen, got to interact with the hozen king too.
Reply Quote
Sky Hozen? Hozen that fly using their tails?

Jinyu are awesome though.
Reply Quote
41 Gnome Priest
12/10/2012 05:03 PMPosted by Pyronaptor

So, basically, if you can't get the lore, no one can? That's the vibe I'm getting, no offence.

I'm saying I don't see the problem with the monkey king being friends with Anduin (Pretty much as neutral as they come). Outside of the jade forest the Jinyu don't really seem to be alliance, and they don't really do much else. So I don't see the problem. I do wish the Jinyu had more of a story in the game.

12/10/2012 05:13 PMPosted by Skytotem
Then I don't see the problem with the monkey king helping out anduin, who is MC Neutral pants anyway.

I'd have less of an issue with it if we, the guys who befriended the hozen, got to interact with the hozen king too.

It might be because you guys are too busy doing Garrosh's bidding and trying to use the divine bell or something.
Reply Quote
100 Human Mage
Sky Hozen.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SESI19h4wDo
Reply Quote
85 Tauren Shaman
12/10/2012 05:20 PMPosted by Healstime
It might be because you guys are too busy doing Garrosh's bidding and trying to use the divine bell or something.

So why couldn't the Hozen have been a part of that? :P

I'm just saying it feels like we got cheated out of a cool character, who was given to the Alliance for no apparent reason.
Reply Quote
100 Tauren Shaman
12/10/2012 05:20 PMPosted by Healstime

Funny we spend so much time chasing after the damn bell and the alliance still beats use to it.
Reply Quote
90 Human Mage
12/10/2012 06:18 PMPosted by Trook

Funny we spend so much time chasing after the damn bell and the alliance still beats use to it.

AND WOULD OF GOTTEN AWAY WITH IT TO IF IT WEREN'T FOR THOSE MEDDLING Celestials!

On a serious note, I suspect this Divine Bell nonsense is just the beginning of this war and it's already caused so much.
Reply Quote
90 Worgen Hunter
Sounds like the Monkey King is a good guy, so why wouldn't he hang out with the good guys?

But seriously, Garrosh is treating everyone one else like crap. Would you want to hang around with him? He isn't exactly making the greatest first impressions to everyone in Pandaria and do you think that Garrosh would put up with the Monkey King and his antics?

Blizzard showing us that he is alienating everyone that doesn't think, or share his goals as part of the whole Garrosh is EVVVVVIIILLLLLLLL kick they are on. So giving him a comic sidekick would really seem out of place storywise.
Edited by Jaegerwulf on 12/10/2012 6:23 PM PST
Reply Quote
85 Tauren Shaman
12/10/2012 06:22 PMPosted by Jaegerwulf
Sounds like the Monkey King is a good guy, so why wouldn't he hang out with the good guys?

Couldn't he have hung out with Baine or even Vol'jin?
Reply Quote
90 Human Mage
Vol'Jin is.....on vacation.

>.> <.<
Reply Quote
100 Human Warrior
12/10/2012 06:18 PMPosted by Trook

Yeah, but you manage to easily steal it back.

Also, doesn't the monkey king have us piece together a mallet that goes with the bell? I think I heard that somewhere.

My guess is we do that and then the Horde takes it from us, probably by killing a large swath of Sentinels guarding it, then use it and it actually ends up summoning a ginormous Sha that ends up tearing up a battlefield and that's the straw that breaks the camel's back for the Orcs and we'll start seeing the resurgence of the supposedly honorable Orcs that were missing all through WOTLK and Cata.
Reply Quote
85 Tauren Shaman
Uh Morde that Mallet destroys the bell.
Reply Quote
100 Human Warrior
Oh, well, then I'm sure the Horde will activate it before we can destroy it and it does what I just said. While killing swaths of Sentinels.
Edited by Mordstreich on 12/10/2012 6:30 PM PST
Reply Quote
90 Human Mage
12/10/2012 06:28 PMPosted by Skytotem
Uh Morde that Mallet destroys the bell.

Most likely.
Reply Quote
41 Gnome Priest
12/10/2012 06:25 PMPosted by Mordstreich
My guess is we do that and then the Horde takes it from us, probably by killing a large swath of Sentinels guarding it

Well they kill a small party of sentinels that were getting the divine bell, but they failed there (the horde failed to acquire it because the night elves got there first). They don't actually kill any sentinels in Darnassus to steal the bell. They make the Sunreavers use Dalarans neutrality to infiltrate Darnassus and steal the bell secretly. The Sunreavers then get purged for betraying the Kirin Tor and becoming Garrosh's agents.

I do wish they didn't keep turning the night elves into the games punching bag though, it's horrible that they've been failing on such a spectacular level to write a decent story for them.
Edited by Healstime on 12/10/2012 6:42 PM PST
Reply Quote
85 Tauren Shaman
12/10/2012 06:30 PMPosted by Mordstreich
Oh, well, then I'm sure the Horde will activate it before we can destroy it and it does what I just said. While killing swaths of Sentinels.

Did you miss all the threads on how Anduin destroys the bell before we even do anything with it but he gets hurt and Varian calls in Velen to heal him?
Reply Quote
90 Human Mage
12/10/2012 06:42 PMPosted by Skytotem

Did you miss all the threads on how Anduin destroys the bell before we even do anything with it but he gets hurt and Varian calls in Velen to heal him?

I call this a

"ITS TOO DANGEROUS TO STAY INTACT"
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)

Reported!

[Close]