Most suitable RP Realm.

80 Draenei Shaman
As the title states, Im looking for a certain RP realm that would suit my style best. This is really my first time looking into RPing and I couldnt really find a good enough forum post for a good enough answer.

The type of RP I would be interested in doing.
- Many short, walk up RP sessions.
- Alot of active RPs everywhere
- World RP (RP I could find anywhere
- Alliance > Horde if possible, but if horde suit anything above, please mention it.

Thanks.
Reply Quote
90 Human Mage
You are going to get the same answer as anyone else who asks here. All the threads asking for an rp server keep on appearing, but no one seems to pay attention.

Moonguard is the most active, both sides have a LOT of walk up rp. Numbers of course do not equal quality. Wyrmrest Accord is also very popular. It depends on what you actually do yourself as far as rp is concerned.

The amount of rpers you find on a server is going to vary. Some of the smaller less popular rp realms are often the ones who have the better quality. The problem is in finding the right people to suit your style.

I suggest browsing the forums for each rp realm and looking for their top posters and asking them. Rolling an alt and getting it to at least 20 and seeking rp in the city is the best way to find out what a server is like.

Some servers have rp chat channels. If you can find them on the realm forums, use them to find people to rp. Just walking around and talking to people will help somewhat. Also getting the rp add on called MyRolePlay will help to flag you as an rper and give you some options to customise your name and description.
Reply Quote
90 Pandaren Monk
I too am looking for an RP realm. I have RP'd before but since my mains aren't on an RP realm I tend to stop.
Reply Quote
90 Worgen Druid
Earthen Ring currently has the most active and dedicated RP community. You can check out upcoming events, character profiles and more at our RP community network site: earthenring.net
Reply Quote
36 Undead Priest
Meh. Moon Guard, for me, = Alliance RP.
Wyrmrest Accord= Mainly Horde
Reply Quote
1 Human Rogue
In my honest opinion, avoid MG Horde, it's hardly active unless you join one of the million RP-PvP guilds (Moonguard is an RP server, by the way, not RP-PvP..) Or manage to get lucky with finding decent Human beings. The server is populated with egomanical dickwads and quite literally insane people.
Reply Quote
1 Human Rogue
P.S. Avoid it.
Reply Quote
87 Blood Elf Rogue
Excuse me!! Not all of the rpers are bad Horde side!! I do not appreciate your blanket criticism for those who play Horde side. There are some excellent rpers there, they just prefer to stick together and avoid the drama.

Good rp is what you make of it. Those who are bad are very bad, you have to be a bit more selective is all. I have several friends who are excellent rpers Horde side. Not God-modders, not special snowflakes or Mary Sue/Gary Stu.

So speak for yourself and stop putting down people you do not know!
Reply Quote
90 Troll Warlock
12/11/2012 08:00 PMPosted by Annalaiah
In my honest opinion, avoid MG Horde, it's hardly active unless you join one of the million RP-PvP guilds (Moonguard is an RP server, by the way, not RP-PvP..) Or manage to get lucky with finding decent Human beings. The server is populated with egomanical dickwads and quite literally insane people.

Someone seems upset.

The level 1 alt doesn't help your cause.
Reply Quote
90 Human Death Knight
Excuse me!! Not all of the rpers are bad Horde side!! I do not appreciate your blanket criticism for those who play Horde side. There are some excellent rpers there, they just prefer to stick together and avoid the drama.

Good rp is what you make of it. Those who are bad are very bad, you have to be a bit more selective is all. I have several friends who are excellent rpers Horde side. Not God-modders, not special snowflakes or Mary Sue/Gary Stu.

So speak for yourself and stop putting down people you do not know!

Despite the fact that I'm Alliance and always will be and love them, this is true.

12/11/2012 09:07 PMPosted by Volkuza
The level 1 alt doesn't help your cause.

^ Also true.

Anyways, MG is a good choice for Alliance especially, for what you're looking for. It also helps to find a good RP guild, either an older one, or one of the newer ones in the making with players like you, looking for potential in-game friends to help build their characters with.

I'm sure Horde has some pretty good RP over here too, though I don't know too much about it. There's probably about 7-8 heavy RP legit guilds, and a few do a lot of PvP.

If you want Horde, and don't want MG, WrA is a great choice. I don't play there too often myself, but when I do, I notice there's a big Horde RP community.

As for the other, smaller RP realms, I never noticed them. Know nothing of any of them, but I'm sure a few of them are pretty good, but
Reply Quote
80 Draenei Shaman
Thank you very much for the posts. Its looking like Moonguard for alliance would be the way to go, WRA for horde, if I choose to go that direction.
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]