So humans are cursed Vrykul?

96 Night Elf Hunter
Humans are space alien robot old god mutants. What is so hard to understand about that?

The only race that has even the SLIGHTEST bit of mystery to it's origins anymore are the Tauren. That's because their oral history is a mess. They are maybe part of the emerald dream defense system of Azeroth...or something.
Reply Quote
90 Human Warrior
No we're..Humans...

and again rather they ret con the Old God crap.
Reply Quote
90 Gnome Warlock
well if we are made of elements that comprise of Azeroth then we are native to it atleast.
Reply Quote
100 Night Elf Druid
Humans are space alien robot old god mutants. What is so hard to understand about that?

The only race that has even the SLIGHTEST bit of mystery to it's origins anymore are the Tauren. That's because their oral history is a mess. They are maybe part of the emerald dream defense system of Azeroth...or something.

Trolls and goblins too. All we know about goblins is they were apparently created from something, according to the Faceless on Lost Isles.
Reply Quote
90 Undead Warlock
12/10/2012 10:18 PMPosted by Lorthuron

I'm not sure that it was ever stated the humans are because of the Curse of Flesh.

Anyway, it's from a time where Old Gods were kinda cool and unknown, very little was understood. It's only now that there is a million Old God related things that it makes it 'uncool'.

Tauren predate the Emerald Dream.
Edited by Ximothy on 12/10/2012 11:10 PM PST
Reply Quote
90 Human Warrior
I'm not sure that it was ever stated the humans are because of the Curse of Flesh.

Anyway, it's from a time where Old Gods were kinda cool and unknown, very little was understood. It's only now that there is a million Old God related things that it makes it 'uncool'.

I still have a problem with it. It makes the races less unique and yes I am against Naaru Elune.
Reply Quote
90 Tauren Shaman
No we're..Humans...

Actually technically Humans are space alien robot old god mutants.

As for if its proven, the visions you get in the alliance quest make it pretty damn clear of the human origins. That, plus the vision of ancestry the forsaken get, kind of make it a done deal.
Reply Quote
96 Night Elf Hunter
Actually technically Humans are space alien robot old god mutants.

As for if its proven, the visions you get in the alliance quest make it pretty damn clear of the human origins. That, plus the vision of ancestry the forsaken get, kind of make it a done deal.

Forsaken are:

Burning Legion Powered Undead space alien robot old god mutants!
Reply Quote

I still have a problem with it. It makes the races less unique and yes I am against Naaru Elune.

Old Gods are a part of Azeroth. Why wouldn't they have something to do with humans? I'm surprised the Tauren and Trolls were left relatively alone. Have you read about the Aqir?
Reply Quote
90 Human Paladin
12/10/2012 11:29 PMPosted by Lorthuron

I don't see why most races having a somehow common origin makes them less unique. I think it adds more complexity. Yes, we all come from Titans (humans, dwarves and gnomes, at least). But how are we related? And why? Are humans closer to dwarves or to gnomes? What titan creation were attacked first by the Old Gods? Those questions are enough, I think, to make lore still interesting.

It's not always the destination what matters (in this case, our origin) but the journey (how we became what we are now).

And regarding Elune being a Naaru: yeah, probably not, but what about a goddess that actually uses the Light in its purest form? After all, the Light comes from life, and life is all what Elune's about.
Reply Quote
100 Human Warrior
I would like to point out that there is no evidence that Vrykul where EVER constructs. Just that they where created by the Titans.

The Iron ones we see are brand new and made by Loken.

Though there is a theory that titans start their seed races out as constructs and morph them into flesh. As evident by the Mogu's stolen Titan Flesh Shaping.
Reply Quote
90 Human Mage
12/12/2012 11:54 AMPosted by Kaeldanon

I don't see why most races having a somehow common origin makes them less unique. I think it adds more complexity. Yes, we all come from Titans (humans, dwarves and gnomes, at least). But how are we related? And why? Are humans closer to dwarves or to gnomes? What titan creation were attacked first by the Old Gods? Those questions are enough, I think, to make lore still interesting.

It's not always the destination what matters (in this case, our origin) but the journey (how we became what we are now).

And regarding Elune being a Naaru: yeah, probably not, but what about a goddess that actually uses the Light in its purest form? After all, the Light comes from life, and life is all what Elune's about.

Doesn't add complexity at all. Just makes thing more homogenized.
Reply Quote
90 Human Paladin
12/12/2012 12:39 PMPosted by Valius

Homogenized and complex aren't exclusive. Wool clothes seem, at first sight, like one piece of fabric. But if you look at the details you can see the threads. Here's the same.
Reply Quote
90 Human Mage
12/12/2012 12:52 PMPosted by Kaeldanon

Homogenized and complex aren't exclusive. Wool clothes seem, at first sight, like one piece of fabric. But if you look at the details you can see the threads. Here's the same.

Yeah and homogenization right now is getting bad lorewise, it's hurting the lore.
Reply Quote
1 Blood Elf Rogue
12/12/2012 12:53 PMPosted by Valius
Yeah and homogenization right now is getting bad lorewise, it's hurting the lore.

It's not homogenization, it's interconnectivity... and not having that interconnectivity would be really silly from a lore standpoint. You might have a point if the idea was at all reaching or beyond the scope of the norm here, but it fits in with everything else and makes sense.
Reply Quote
90 Human Warlock
I wish they had done more with the connection.

A really interesting plot hook in Cataclysm could have been the Twilight's Hammer getting more and more human members as they reveal that the Old Gods were the 'creators' of the human race.

Or having Vrykul recognise our strength from the battle of Northrend and seek to reconcile with their long lost children.

Or having humans turn away from the light to worship the Pantheon.
Reply Quote
90 Human Mage
And I'm glad they didn't do anything with our worship of the Light or Old God connections.
Reply Quote
90 Human Warlock
12/12/2012 04:03 PMPosted by Valius
And I'm glad they didn't do anything with our worship of the Light or Old God connections.

Creativity is bad.

That's the general idea I keep getting from you and Lothuron.
Reply Quote
90 Tauren Shaman
12/12/2012 03:58 PMPosted by Tessa

I remember one dev mentioning that the Order of the Silver Hand was named as such over a human legend that related to the Titan Watcher Tyr. I think it was in a Cdev Q&A.

So in a way, titan influnce has affected their development in things such as worship of the light.
Reply Quote
12/12/2012 04:17 PMPosted by Trook

I remember one dev mentioning that the Order of the Silver Hand was named as such over a human legend that related to the Titan Watcher Tyr. I think it was in a Cdev Q&A.

So in a way, titan influnce has affected their development in things such as worship of the light.

The naming of Tyr's Hand may also have something to do with that.
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]