Stealth Nerf to Mind Vision?

100 Blood Elf Priest
When did mind vision get restricted from rated battleground matches? I know I used the skill quite recently (within the past 2 weeks) in a rated battleground. Now, if I try to use it in 5.1, I'm told I can't use it in rated matches.

Why was this changed, and why wasn't the change noted in patch notes? The skill is a nice part of our utility toolkit but it's hardly anything nearing overpowered and its use is situational - removing it from RBGs seems random and unneeded.
Reply Quote
90 Blood Elf Priest
If you re-read the patch notes you will see under PvP section; "Rated Battlegrounds now share the same spell restrictions as Arenas."
Reply Quote
100 Blood Elf Priest
I assumed that was for skills like lay on hands and bloodlust - skills that are huge game changers and on long CDs. I didn't even realize that mind vision was banned in arenas. How long has this been the case and, more importantly, why? It's a fairly minor utility skill that helps you play more tactically, but isn't going to make a big difference in immediate combat.

Can farsight still be used in RBGs?
Reply Quote
I believe it was banned in arena years ago because it made the target stand up if they were drinking.
Reply Quote
90 Blood Elf Priest
Yeah I could be wrong, but I seem to remember not being able to use Mind Vision in arenas back in the days of Wrath of the Lich King. As to why, I honestly don't know other than it gave priests an edge on locating people who are 'hiding' in the arena.

As far as Rated BGs go, Mind Vision is nearly a must have for WSG and TP knowing exactly where the enemy Flag Carrier is, where they are going, and the number of classes that are with the enemy FC. Any spell that has that level of importance is on the list of being restricted in high end competitive pvp.
Edited by Zaryi on 12/11/2012 3:13 PM PST
Reply Quote
100 Blood Elf Priest
Thing is, if farsight can still be used, then I'm guessing it's not an intentional change, since that can be used to very much the same effect. Mind vision works differently this patch, remember - you get a short loading screen now. This limitation might be an inadvertent result of changes in other parts of the code.
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)

Reported!

[Close]