Paladin Solo: Viscidus

(Locked)

90 Human Paladin
With the recent changes to old-school raids, I've been going around farming pets and transmog gear on several toons. My most recent conquest has been soloing Viscidus as a ret paladin, and since I haven't seen any other posts with strategies, I thought I'd give some pointers to anybody else looking to do the same thing.

I started off enchanting my weapon with Deathfrost, but later learned that the MOP enchant Elemental Force also worked as frost damage for freezing the boss and does way more damage (more damage means getting him to <5% faster, meaning you only have to shatter him once) so I stuck with that. Then you should make sure you have a fast one-hander on standby (I used my healing mace with a speed of 1.9) enchanted with Windsong for the haste proc. Depending on your gear (as you can see I'm mostly greens and low blues) you might have to enchant, gem, and reforge into as much haste as possible, and use a haste elixir and haste food. Finally, I recommend the Holy Avenger talent.

After that setup, just make your way to the boss (all the others on the way are pretty faceroll) and engage. Pop all your CD's except for Holy Avenger to burst him down to as low health as possible before he freezes to minimize shatters. Once you get the second message saying he's freezing up, build up to maximum Holy Power and white damage for a while. As soon has he's frozen solid, switch to your fast one-hander, get behind him, pop Holy Avenger and any haste ability you might have (Alchemy CD, for example) and spam Crusader Strike and Templar's Verdict. He should go down easily.

This same strategy should work perfectly with rogues, warriors, and monks as well. Happy pet farming!
100 Human Paladin
An easy way to freeze him is to pick up Brunnhildar Great Axe Brunnhildar Harpoon or Brunnhildar Bow and apply Frost Oil to it.

Use your normal weapon to get him to 1%, switch to the frost one to freeze, then to your fast weapon for shatter.

Any trinkets that summon melee pets are very useful for the shatter part.
Edited by Brudarek on 12/11/2012 10:05 PM PST
100 Human Warrior
Yep I use the axe on my warrior. Didnt notice frost oil was usable on it. Not that I needed it. Just dps to shatter swap weapon and boom.
90 Human Paladin
Thanks for the input! Although I haven't done any of the Storm Peaks quests on this toon so I think I would have been locked out of that option anyway.
100 Human Paladin
12/12/2012 04:06 AMPosted by Sorvia
Thanks for the input! Although I haven't done any of the Storm Peaks quests on this toon so I think I would have been locked out of that option anyway.

They're white, ie. non-bound, can get anyone to buy you one.
100 Blood Elf Paladin
I've read all this and watched several videos and I still can't kill this guy. I have Brunnhildar Harpoon enchanted with Elemental Force and it freezes him in 10sec. After that, I switch to Thunderfury, witch has a 1.28 speed with my gears haste. I run behind him and have tried 2 strats at this point. I've just auto attacked him and have blown Holy Avenger and tried "DPS'ing him down". So, Idk what to do, I freeze him, then it all goes to hell. any suggestions??
Edited by Sabriya on 4/18/2014 6:01 PM PDT
This topic is locked.

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)

Reported!

[Close]