wont let me log in 12/10/12

(Locked)

Support Forum Agent
Hey guys,

As Blu mentioned, if you're seeing Red Realms in the realm list it means you don't have the new short patch installed. This will often happen if you're running the WoW.exe file instead of the game launcher.

Please close out of the game and run the launcher.
100 Human Death Knight
its stopping me on the login screen saying that the wow c folder is corrupt?what this has never happend.
87 Night Elf Death Knight
This happened in my case also...

"its stopping me on the login screen saying that the wow c folder is corrupt?what this has never happend. "
Support Forum Agent
Which file did it say was corrupt?

Try opening up the World of Warcraft\Updates folder and deleting all the files inside. The Update folder contains patch installer files.
100 Human Paladin
I downloaded the patch after clearing my battle.net cache and I was able to download the patch. However, upon logging into any of my characters, including my paladin and monk, I stay in the game for about 30 seconds then get disconnected. I'm not sure what else I can do at this point. Yesterday when I played everything was fine so I am at a loss as to what I can do to just be able to stay connected to the servers and play.
100 Human Death Knight
DELETE ALL MY FILES IN C FOLDER? THIS MAKES NO SENSE BLIZZ WHAT IS GOING ON REALLY? THIS HAS NEVER HAPPEND OUT OF THE 5 YEARS I HAVE PLAYED WOW,PLEASE EXPLAIN THIS IN MORE DETAIL!!!!!!!
Support Forum Agent
Produkt,

Please refrain from posting in all caps. There's no need for that.

As mentioned, only the contents of the World of Warcraft\Updates folder should be cleared. I do not recommend deleting everything on your C:\ drive.

To access the Updates folder, right click on the World of Warcraft icon and select "Open file location." You'll see the Updates folder in the directory that appears.
I deleted the files in the updates folder and ran the patcher and it doesnt work stays at 0%.... I was playing this morning got the same corrupt files thing completly reinstalled a WoW Disc ran again still not working.... What do i have to do to be able to play?
90 Troll Hunter
Yeah I open the launcher & It starts updating like there is a patch. It'll load a few percent then just freeze. i'll re-open it and it will have the "PLAY" button highlighted as if it is ready. I click that and it just brings up another launcher, starts loading whatever patch then that's when the error pops up and closes it... Very frustrating & I tried what you said above ^^^, still no luck... Might have to re-download... ugh
Wth?! Now i see a download in the launcher and it says 18.6 GB! What...- do i have to re install the whole game because of blizzards mess? That takes me like 2 - 3 days because my internet sucks and what will blizzard do to reimburse me? Probably nothing right?
This is ridiculous.. I think because they said to delete the updates folder i have to re download the whole game.... Unbelievable thanks support your awesome...
90 Human Warlock
Worked for me :) Had to pick my realm.
Thank you Jurannok
/hug
Support Forum Agent
Jaguaarr,

There must have been an issue with the Data folder on your install. The Updates folder does not contain that much data. Deleting the contents of the Updates folder will cause you to redownload today's 5kb patch.
33 Undead Mage
Getting nowhere.
Always running "World of Warcraft Launcher.exe"

- Deleted all the "wow-update-base-16309.MPQ" and "patch-base-16309.MPQ" I could find in the folders within World of Warcraft.
- Deleted Update folder (and had to reinstall 500MB x 2)
- Deleted just the file in Update folder (not the folder itself)
- Deleted "ProgramData\Battle.net" folder
- Deleted "ProgramData\Blizzard Entertainment\Battle.net" folder
- Deleted Cache folder in World of Warcraft folder
- Have used Run as Administrator on launcer program
- Repaired more than a dozen times

(also done it all at once)

Nothing has worked.
Edited by Redrum on 12/10/2012 10:49 AM PST
100 Night Elf Rogue
Just to point out.. Blue didn't say to delete the updates folder, just the contents of the folder. However, deleting the contents didn't work for me, it just kept looping corruption until I deleted the contents and then entered through the curse client. Not sure how or why that worked, but it did :).
33 Undead Mage
12/10/2012 10:46 AMPosted by Keonna
Just to point out.. Blue didn't say to delete the updates folder, just the contents of the folder. However, deleting the contents didn't work for me, it just kept looping corruption until I deleted the contents and then entered through the curse client. Not sure how or why that worked, but it did :).

Deleting only the contents of the folder is the first thing I tried, but when that didnt work, I deleted the folder (as recommended in another thread) :)
90 Human Priest
everything was good until 2 mins ago, tried switching realms''' booted.
100 Night Elf Druid
I had to delete the entire folder, then select united States again and when it logs me in it shows no chars. then I clicked back and it dropped me in some realm I never heard of, but then it allowed me to choose a realm and now I am back in the game. Sheesh!
Now my launcher keeps relaunching when I click play.....very nice
This topic is locked.

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)

Reported!

[Close]