Launcher Problems

(Locked)

18 Tauren Druid
How many times must I click "PLAY" on the launcher inorder for the game to open so I can log in?
I click that button, it closes, and a second later it reopens the launcher. Doesn't matter how many times I click it.
I've tried to research ways on how to fix it, but I'm technologically challenged...
Some places say to just open it from the Wow.exe? I can't find that. They've had instructions on how to do so but I can't manage for some reason.
Do I have to redownload the entire game? :/
I don't understand because not even 12 hours ago I was on just fine...
80 Blood Elf Rogue
Same problem
14 Worgen Priest
Me too. I also manually launched the game client from the folder location and when I attempted to log in I was greeted by Error #2.
Support Forum Agent
Squab,

Did your launcher patch this morning? Try restarting your computer and then pull up the launcher again.
Squab,

Did your launcher patch this morning? Try restarting your computer and then pull up the launcher again.

Having the same issue and I just restarted, still having the same problem.
90 Pandaren Monk
I'm having the same Issue. How nice, not being able to play the game I pay for.
Support Forum Agent
If the launcher is still looping then lets reset the launcher files. Once done, start up the launcher again and it should start the patching process over.
If the launcher is still looping then lets [url="https://us.battle.net/support/en/article/deleting-battlenet-tools-folder-pc?utm_source=internal&utm_medium=support_forums&utm_campaign=BlizzardCS"]reset the launcher files[/url]. Once done, start up the launcher again and it should start the patching process over.

posted in the other thread you suggested this in. Still having the same problem.
90 Pandaren Monk
Still not working.
85 Draenei Paladin
Same issue, tried deleting the Battle.net folder, no change.
90 Pandaren Monk
Here, since nobody from blizzard is giving any beneficial way to fix the issue. Go into the World of Warcraft folder and [removed terrible advice ---Jurannok]
Edited by Jurannok on 12/10/2012 10:00 AM PST
90 Tauren Druid
Umm this issue is mentioned on like 4 threads now - same problem., Mine now says up to date but launcher just relaunches - no sign of patch file either.
90 Pandaren Monk
Oh look, now i'm unable to even enter any realm now... Automatically disconnects me instantly...
Support Forum Agent
Ðelectable,

Please do not delete the game launcher. It's used to patch the game.

If you're not patched yet and try bypassing the launcher, then you will not be able to connect to the realms because you won't have the correct game version.

What security programs are you using on your system? Lets try closing background applications and see if the launcher is still unable to pull up the game.
90 Pandaren Monk
Tried deleting the Launcher and got me to the login screen... to discover that all realms are red. ::sigh::
90 Pandaren Monk
Patch 5.1.0 (16309) - is that the most up to date patch? The launcher says that I'm updated, but I'm not so sure...
90 Tauren Druid
Need to do a full reboot to get the updater to update and then the patch installs
Support Forum Agent
Baerlcher,

Patch 5.1.0a (16357) was released today so you're a patch behind. That's why you're seeing all red realms.

Please try fishing around in your recycle bin to see if you can restore the World of Warcraft Launcher.exe file to the game directory and then run it. You should never delete that file.
75 Tauren Priest
I love how everyone is having the same problem and the blues are trying to act like its our problem lol
90 Pandaren Monk
Jurannok,

Restored the Launcher, but same problem persists. Tried rebooting, no change. Still says I'm updated, but then won't launch the game via launcher. Is there a way to manually install next patch?
This topic is locked.

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]