Can't launch after today's update

30 Pandaren Monk
I'm running OSX and the launcher downloaded a patch today. Now clicking "Play" just relaunches the launcher. I've tried avoiding the launcher by firing up both the 32 and 64-bit version of WoW, but all that does is launch the launcher.

Umm...what are my options? Please don't say, "redownload / install the game." That would suck.
Reply Quote
90 Human Priest
You'll want to check with Technical Support for further assistance. They should be able to help you repair your client to run the game.

Tech Support Forums: http://us.battle.net/wow/en/forum/1011701/

Edit: *wave from CS*
Edited by Barolas on 12/10/2012 11:47 AM PST
Reply Quote
90 Night Elf Hunter
It's not just him I am also at this screen and wow will not open, says update/wow-0-16357-win-final.QPM appers to be corrupt, you may need to redownload the file...
Please help
Reply Quote
90 Tauren Paladin
same thing here, i updated to today's patch, now every time want to launch the game hitting the PLAY button it just loads up the launcher.. No message of corrupt file or anything, just says the game is up to date
Reply Quote
90 Human Warrior
Same problem, tried using the repair tool, got stuck on 12.7%
Also tried deleting the blizzard folder, cache, wtf, data cache all that stuff, nothing.

QQ
Reply Quote
30 Pandaren Monk
Should I delete the 16309 files from my /data and /updates directories and try again? That's the last patch that succeeded.
Reply Quote
90 Night Elf Hunter
bump...same problem here as well
Reply Quote
85 Draenei Shaman
I have the same trouble... Blizzard hates us!
Reply Quote
90 Tauren Death Knight
Same here, been trying since 2pm Central, its 5pm now...

EDIT: searched the forums a bit, ended the "Agent.exe" (I think it had 32 after the Agent) process and relaunched the launcher, it works now.
Edited by Fuzzykiller on 12/10/2012 3:42 PM PST
Reply Quote
85 Draenei Shaman
Thanks Fuzzykiller : ) Your faster then Tech Support!
Reply Quote
90 Tauren Death Knight
12/10/2012 04:28 PMPosted by Buzzejr
Thanks Fuzzykiller : ) Your faster then Tech Support!

You're welcome. Plus, I do want to work in tech support, I guess I have a good lead lol. Blizz, if you're hiring, hit me up :P
Reply Quote
90 Blood Elf Paladin
same problem here
Reply Quote
42 Pandaren Monk
why didn't Blizzard wait till the first of the year to update the patch ? I have an old video card just upgraded to M.O.P and now I am losing money because of their wonderful

("we don't care about our customers, patch")

I had no problems except for the occasional Black screens, now i cannot even download the patch, have done all of the above, with no luck what so ever.
Edited by Bruisedknee on 12/11/2012 12:12 PM PST
Reply Quote
30 Draenei Paladin
http://us.battle.net/wow/en/forum/topic/7383588587 try looking at this link. it may have a solution.
Reply Quote
42 Pandaren Monk
ty will look :S
Reply Quote
90 Human Warlock
Part of the reason for YESTERDAYS patch update now versus next year was to fix issues in the game that would be very noticable over the holidays, when most gamers are going to be playing far more than they did in November, or January.

Doing it this week gives a good week before the bulk of the people unable to play 24/7 can start playing way more often.

Should be interesting to see what new Christmas stuffs were added as well.
Reply Quote
90 Goblin Mage
Lucylockless: Should be interesting to see what new Christmas stuffs were added as well.

And also interesting to see how many people just up and quit because Checking for updates doesn't work..
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]