Stopcasting not working?

80 Night Elf Hunter
My wife uses stopcasting macros on her Hunter for Arcane Shot, Kill Command, Glaive Toss and Kill Shot.

She uses these because Cobra Shot is now able to be cast while moving. She wants to interrupt Cobra Shot to get off the shots I mentioned above.

But only Kill Command seems to be working.

The macros are as follows

/stopcasting
/cast Kill Command (this one works)

/stopcasting
/cast Kill Shot (this one works rarely

/stopcasting
/cast Glaive Toss (this one has yet to work)

/stopcasting
/cast Arcane Shot (This one has yet to work either)

The buttons work (as in the shots go off) AFTER the cobra shot cast finishes, but it does not stop casting Cobra Shot as it should...any ideas?
Reply Quote
90 Night Elf Druid
This has answered in the forums several times.

Hunters need to put /stopcasting twice. One to cancel autoshot and the other to cancel the cast.
Reply Quote
90 Human Warrior
don't work

#showtooltip Kill Command
/stopcasting
/stopcasting
/petattack
/cast Kill Command

what i am using and can't get it to work.
Edited by Adapt on 12/19/2012 1:39 PM PST
Reply Quote
85 Troll Mage
The double /stopcasting works on my Hunter. When you are testing, bear in mind that Kill Command is on the GCD; consequently, even with the /stopcasting it may not trigger if there is a GCD in progress (such as during the first part of the Cobra Shot cast). When you cancel a spellcast, the game also cancels the relevant CDs, including the GCD. However, inside the run time of a macro, the GCD may not be cancelled in time for the subsequent ability to be used. While testing, I found that the macro:

/stopcasting
/stopcasting
/cast Arcane Shot

Worked most of the time, but occasionally would fail if I used it immediately after Cobra Shot. If it failed, hitting it a second time worked, so the best advice I can give is to hit the macro twice.
Reply Quote
90 Human Warrior
ha yeah i feel dumb, forgot to drag the macro to my bar. all working now
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]