World of Warcraft Program Is Corrupt

Please re install is the message I get every time I bring up the launcher. I really do not want to have to un install and re install all that and those patches so is there another solution to this?
Reply Quote
Support Forum Agent
Have you tried running the Repair? On the Launcher, click on Help > Repair Tool

It wont let me, when the error message pops up I can't click anything else on the launcher except "ok" and the the launcher closes on it's own.
Reply Quote
Support Forum Agent
12/10/2012 04:12 PMPosted by Kudegras
Please re install is the message I get every time I bring up the launcher.

Does the message say anything else?
12/10/2012 04:35 PMPosted by Velnrak
Please re install is the message I get every time I bring up the launcher.

Does the message say anything else?

The file "C:/Program files (x86) World of Warcraft/Updates wow-0-16357-Win-final.MPQ" appears to be corrupt. You may need to download this file again.
Reply Quote
90 Tauren Druid
Same error here. The download of 5.1.0a stopped at around 92.5% and then I got this message after.
Reply Quote
90 Dwarf Shaman
Same here.
Reply Quote
Support Forum Agent
12/10/2012 04:37 PMPosted by Kudegras
The file "C:/Program files (x86) World of Warcraft/Updates wow-0-16357-Win-final.MPQ" appears to be corrupt. You may need to download this file again.

Go into the World of Warcraft folder, and then the Updates folder, and delete that file:

wow-0-16357-Win-final.MPQ
I had a similar case:
- Fire launcher, get error.
- Fire launcher again, says it's "ready to play" used Repair Tool instead.
- Worked

Thanks, Velnrak.
Reply Quote
90 Tauren Druid
Confirmed -- Click OK on the error. Run Launcher. Click Help > Repair Tool. Fixed.
Reply Quote
90 Night Elf Hunter
This happened to me as well - I didnt delete the file, I used the repair tool, and that fixed it. If you click PLAY it displays the error message, you need to click help and then repair.

For me when I first started the launcher it updated and got to 99% and then just hung. Under the downloader details it indicated it had completed the download, I waited and it didnt move so I closed the downloader and restarted. That was when the error abou the .MPQ file being corrupt started showing up.
Reply Quote
90 Human Warrior
I had this issue, deleted Updates folders, it would get to the same spot and hang. Deleted Updates folder and Cache folder, it worked fine. The repair tool is probably a more reliable fix, but this is quicker; at least to try.
Reply Quote
90 Pandaren Shaman
Gonna copy and paste this for a lot of people having update issues. Anyway I got the message that the MPQ file to update to 5.1a was corrupt and I had to reinstall it. Go into the directory that the launcher tells you to (or to make it easier just go into your WoW folder and then go into the "updates" folder.) Once in the updates folder delete the corrupt file (be sure you have the correct one that shares the same numbers that the launcher is saying is corrupt.) Then after you delete it open the launcher and it may instantly give you availability to select "play" click it then the launcher will restart automatically and restart the download.

Tell me if this works for you.
Edited by Mzrfurrynuts on 12/10/2012 5:11 PM PST
Reply Quote
90 Human Paladin
Gonna copy and paste this for a lot of people having update issues. Anyway I got the message that the MPQ file to update to 5.1a was corrupt and I had to reinstall it. Go into the directory that the launcher tells you to (or to make it easier just go into your WoW folder and then go into the "updates" folder.) Once in the updates folder delete the corrupt file (be sure you have the correct one that shares the same numbers that the launcher is saying is corrupt.) Then after you delete it open the launcher and it may instantly give you availability to select "play" click it then the launcher will restart automatically and restart the download.

Tell me if this works for you.

This helped a lot, Thanks.
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]