Healing Takes No Skill..? (PvP)

90 Dwarf Shaman
Have other healers experienced this sentiment? In various PvP settings, I've found players talking about how healing takes no skill. DPSers like us around, we keep them alive. But it's disheartening to hear that the role I've chosen to play is just plain easy.

I'd like to hear from DPSers also; do you guys think that healing is cake?

I wouldn't even ask this question if I hadn't seen it over and over in /bg (great source, I know), other PvP situations, and even in trade chat.

I'm not trolling, so please don't troll me. I'm hoping for serious feedback. Thanks.
Reply Quote
90 Blood Elf Priest
The vast majority of people are idiots, Harbard. This is true in PVP as it is everywhere else in life.
Reply Quote
90 Pandaren Monk
In cata, if you were a disc priest, 2's took no skill (I used to just kite all day while my DK partner tore people's heads odd). In MoP, with the way damage has scaled and burst, keeping your partner alive, and in truth, random's in BG's, is no longer a joke.
Reply Quote
90 Night Elf Druid
BS.
Reply Quote
90 Human Monk
Don't worry, it isn't true! =) Sometimes disgruntled DPSers will bash healing because of how difficult it can be to take down a skilled one. Healing in PvP is quite different than DPSing it, but it is by no means easier.
Reply Quote
90 Tauren Shaman
This sentiment is shared among every class and every spec, this is just what WoW pvp is. Got stunlocked by a rogue? ROGUES ARE EZMODE. Got bursted by a war? WARS ARE EZMODE. Cant stunlock a shaman to death? SHAMANS ARE EZMODE....
Reply Quote
90 Dwarf Shaman
Thanks for the feedback.
Reply Quote
85 Draenei Shaman
12/10/2012 07:27 PMPosted by Gajan
In cata, if you were a disc priest, 2's took no skill (I used to just kite all day while my DK partner tore people's heads odd). In MoP, with the way damage has scaled and burst, keeping your partner alive, and in truth, random's in BG's, is no longer a joke.

You fought bads who didn't know what they were doing on your disc priest then. If you were playing with a mage you had it pretty easy, but you had many counters playing with a class with few peels like a dk. BTW your account wide achievements kind of prove you haven't arenaed significantly.

OP, people say everything they don't play takes no skill.
Edited by Cynix on 12/11/2012 4:10 PM PST
Reply Quote
90 Orc Shaman
Healing is harder then dps in PvP but it is also far more rewarding when you play with good players. Most people who claim healing is easy when they actually try it are absolutely terrible.
Reply Quote
1 Troll Rogue
PvP healing is leaps and bounds more challenging than any dps class.

When you make it seem easy, then it seems easy. This is a compliment of sorts, take it as that.
Reply Quote
90 Blood Elf Priest
pvp healing this tier is at it's hardest. 45 second stun lock? noty. imma go shadow.
Reply Quote
90 Human Monk
12/11/2012 11:28 PMPosted by Keirisonis
pvp healing this tier is at it's hardest. 45 second stun lock? noty. imma go shadow.

Could not agree more. With the abundance of CC's, PvP healing seems like a headache.
Reply Quote
15 Human Mage
There is a lot of anti-healer attitude from some PvPers. I think even from some of the developers unfortunately.

When I PvP I'm cced the majority of the time in some games. If I have to hard cast I might get interrupted and shut down for another 6 seconds while the diminishing returns on some of the numerous CC that was used on me is ending. Even just one DPS can shut a healer down for an extended period of time, 2 can easily lock you down 100% of your life if you don't have help.

It takes a lot of skill to try to time things so that you can even cast at all in group PvP, let alone not die. I even get interrupted casting .5 second casts sometimes. Messing up even one GCD can mean you or a teammate died. If that person was a flag carrier or something, that can even be the difference between winning or losing the entire game.

Healers have to deal with numerous things that a lot of DPS don't. Spell interrupts affect all casters, but for healers, being locked out of your healing tree usually means you have very few options for the duration. In many cases a spell interrupt is just as bad for a healer as a hard CC, and we all know there are plenty of those in the game as it is... Smoke bomb can essentially be another form of interrupt in many cases. Mortal strike effects... Your own teammates line of sighting you at really bad times. Offensive dispels are way to powerful against healers considering they are spammable.

If anything healing takes considerably more skill to do well than DPSing in PvP. CCing/interrupting is not hard to do at all, trying to heal with all that going on can be a nightmare.
Reply Quote
90 Pandaren Monk
I didn't say I did a LOT of arena. lol. We were just a point farm team for CP. He was the one that wanted to gear, I just.... I dont even know what I did with the CP to be honest as I only pvp'd in the honor gear. o.O.
Reply Quote
90 Undead Death Knight
DPS get frustrated because they can't score kills with healers around. It's just crying. Ignore it.
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]