Whinge long enough = get buffs

81 Gnome Rogue
Looks like the Mages whinging/posting enough times about the fire nerfs, has resulted in a buff to them.
Reply Quote
99 Troll Rogue
Fire was almost certainly over nerfed.
Reply Quote
99 Troll Rogue
12/10/2012 08:16 PMPosted by Kagecamia
Now they whined, moaned and groaned and got their buff back.

Its still a pretty substantial nerf from where they were. Still .2 off of the crit modifier and the 50% combustion nerf wasn't reverted either.
Reply Quote
90 Orc Shaman
They weren't buffed back to where they were. They were taken from the gutter and given SOME of their candy back.

Don't flip out about it until the results come in.
Reply Quote
90 Undead Mage
-Critical Mass: Used to be a 1.5 modifier, then it was 1.25, now it is 1.3. That is not the same as going back to where they were.

-Combustion: The recent nerf has not been changed. It is still much, much weaker than it once was.

-EDIT: Deleted some stuff I said about Inferno Blast. It was wrong and I am too lazy to
re-write it. Sorry about that! Have a nice day!
Edited by Mazar on 12/11/2012 10:29 PM PST
Reply Quote
100 Troll Mage
12/10/2012 08:46 PMPosted by Mazar
-Inferno Blast: It now spreads dots. This used to be a glyph. A glyph that almost every single fire mage used because it was required for them to maximize their damage. It isn't surprising that Blizzard chose to make this part of the ability. I assure you, this change won't "change" much.

Actually this is a bit false in regards to the hotfix.

It now goes spreads to 3 targets as in 4 targets maximum, before it was 3 targets maximum. I don't think they got rid of the glyph I think it was just adding one target to the limit.
Reply Quote
100 Dwarf Hunter
Its still a pretty substantial nerf from where they were. Still .2 off of the crit modifier and the 50% combustion nerf wasn't reverted either.

Might have this wrong but wasn't the combustion buff unintended in the first place?
As to the crit modifier it was their main concern with mages given their projected scaling with higher tier gear

I don't think they intended fire to be the end all be all spec for bot cleave and single target.
Reply Quote
100 Dwarf Hunter
12/10/2012 09:04 PMPosted by Futuristic
On the bright side, no more scrolling past crying mage threads... Loljk they cry about everything

It was getting out of hand
Reply Quote
100 Troll Mage
12/10/2012 09:02 PMPosted by Prieto
Might have this wrong but wasn't the combustion buff unintended in the first place?

Based on the words that the ptr patch notes said, yes. The buff to combustion was only supposed to account for the pyro dot being taken off of it.

But they have lowered the combustion to lower than it was before 5.1

Pre 5.1:
Combust was 33% pyro dot and 66% ignite IIRC

100% combust

5.1 hotfix 50%.

So its lower than before and no longer includes ignite.

Just saying this for clarification for all.
Reply Quote
100 Blood Elf Mage
It was insane on cleave fights and in single target too.

They nerfed it to bring it in line with the rest of the classes.

Now they whined, moaned and groaned and got their buff back.

How cute! I play a mage as my main alt but i play a lock. My mage is just a joke to play it's laughably easy.

You're an idiot.

I just felt I should let you know...
Reply Quote
If only that were true for classes other than mages who get to spend entire expansions with specs in the gutter far worse than fire was.

Once again it is time for us all to bow before the might of our magely overlords and their qq train skills.
Reply Quote
100 Blood Elf Mage
12/10/2012 09:02 PMPosted by Prieto

As to the crit modifier it was their main concern with mages given their projected scaling with higher tier gear

I don't think they intended fire to be the end all be all spec for bot cleave and single target.

The combustion buff was made with the assumption that the 3 second CD on pyro was going to stay, which it didn't. So they unintentionally gave us a super combustion in 5.1.

If they want to nerf fire, they should do it without messing with our crit. High crit is what makes fire's rotation feel fluid. Either balance fire's numbers around the assumption that we'll have a high crit chance, or redesign fire entirely so that the rotation doesn't rely so desperately on crit.
Reply Quote
85 Human Priest
In cata, unholy dks were over nerfed in t11.

They were not competitive again till DS WITH a gurth.

Mage nerf lasted a couple weeks? Rivers of QQ work apparently.
Reply Quote
90 Blood Elf Mage

In cata, Fire mages were overnerfed in t11. (In fact, worst DPS spec in the game).

They were not competitive again till DS.
Reply Quote
90 Human Monk
12/10/2012 07:59 PMPosted by Binstabbin
Looks like the Mages whinging/posting enough times about the fire nerfs, has resulted in a buff to them.

Let's say I log on today and see that energy regen is reduced by 15% and Rising Sun Kick hits for 20% less. A week later, energy regen was buffed by 5%, and RSK got 10% of the damage back. This isn't a buff.

This is exactly what happened with mages.
Reply Quote
90 Blood Elf Mage
12/10/2012 10:24 PMPosted by Naishee

With exception to Alysrazor.
Reply Quote
90 Blood Elf Mage
It's not like we got our full 1.5 multiplier back, we got a .5 revert. We went from 1.25 up to 1.3. It's enough to help out a bit more and smooth RNG. We aren't going to jump up, but my dps is a little more steady, more natural crit procs and I should still be able to raid in my preferred spec without hurting my raid's progression.
Reply Quote
100 Draenei Mage

In cata, Fire mages were overnerfed in t11. (In fact, worst DPS spec in the game).

Fire was never nerfed in T11, it just launched that bad.
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]