Whinge long enough = get buffs

90 Blood Elf Death Knight
Apparently having the best community out of any class in the game is equal to or greater than whining.

I submit that if you were even 1/10th as good at complaining than we are, bring the facts to the table, and not the fluff, you too would see amazing changes to your class.

You just like complaining that someone is complaining better than you.

Deal with it.

largest =/= best.
Reply Quote
100 Blood Elf Mage
So at the higher level of gear, yes fire is indeed better.

Fixed that for you, buddy.
Reply Quote
90 Blood Elf Mage
12/13/2012 07:26 PMPosted by Kaikou
So at the higher level of gear, yes fire is indeed better.

Fixed that for you, buddy.

That can be said for any spec in the game, it is hardly an argument.

Oh and blizzard nerfed that immediately after that. So your argument for blizzard not balancing based on top guilds is proved indeed wrong.

This just in, developers can change their views and ideals.
They effectively have every single expansion to date.

The tweet I was refering to was recent, from ghostcrawlers twitter.
Also circumstantial evidence does not prove something.
EG: Having two tides instead of one does not mean the sun revolves around the world. (Early criticism of Gallileo for example)
Or nerfing something that is OP does not mean they nerfed it because people were stacking them, but rather because they are OP. >Speculation just like what you said.
Edited by Warping on 12/13/2012 7:40 PM PST
Reply Quote
100 Dwarf Hunter
Apparently having the best community out of any class in the game is equal to or greater than whining.

I submit that if you were even 1/10th as good at complaining than we are, bring the facts to the table, and not the fluff, you too would see amazing changes to your class.

Deal with it.

I'm pretty sure there have been other classes who have put forth eloquent and informed arguments backed by solid data but have received no response from the devs
Reply Quote
90 Blood Elf Mage
12/13/2012 05:00 AMPosted by Wushootaki
I disagree the statement that whining = buffs.

Whining != buffs, whining = nerfs for other classes.

An army of Warriors and Paladins complaining about mages has done the damage.

One has to look at the kind of person that would be largely attracted to playing a warrior or paladin type class, and you begin to understand why they complain so much.

There are always exceptions, but largely, certain kinds of people play certain kinds of classes. Paladins are clearly the whiniest.

If mages complained half as much about our counter class, which by the way is a FAR harder counter to us than we are to warriors or paladins, then this would be a very different game.
Edited by Laizhensil on 12/13/2012 8:12 PM PST
Reply Quote
100 Human Warrior

Deal with it.

Mages. Proud of being the biggest crybabies of any class.
Reply Quote
100 Dwarf Hunter

One has to look at the kind of person that would be largely attracted to playing a warrior or paladin type class, and you begin to understand why they complain so much.

There are always exceptions, but largely, certain kinds of people play certain kinds of classes. Paladins are clearly the whiniest.

If mages complained half as much about our counter class, which by the way is a FAR harder counter to us than we are to warriors or paladins, then this would be a very different game.

Now now, lets not lie about the amount of whine classes do. I remember a certain vociferous and popular mage (who shall not be named) rallying not only the mages but the rest of the classes to nerf hunters on the sole grounds that we did "too much instant & mobile damage"
Reply Quote
100 Human Warlock

Deal with it.

Mages. Proud of being the biggest crybabies of any class.

Yeah, that's basically how I read that too. Not something I'd want to brag about, but to each his own I guess?
Reply Quote
90 Human Warrior

Interesting point of view, given that arms pve dps was nerfed when it wasn't top (the way fire was) and is now second only to marks hunter as WORST, and yet we've recieved no hotfixes. Further, even at the "omfg" pit that fire mages were in, they were STILL better than arms and marks, and yet STILL got some of their nerf recinded.

I have a mage, I prefer fire, don't get me wrong, I'm pleased that some of the nerf was softened. However, I also have an arms warrior I like to play, and it annoys the hell out of me when I see fire and frost mages in gear no where near as good as mine, doing a LOT more dps, even on suboptimal fights for mages.
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)

Reported!

[Close]