resto shaman

90 Goblin Shaman
are pretty good
Reply Quote
100 Orc Shaman
HC
We are last on the raidbots meters for 10m, this isn't how these forums work. Raidbots are the law of the land 'round these parts apple.
Reply Quote
90 Worgen Druid
Shamans have always been better in 25-man than 10 man due to spreading on fights and such. I believe the buff riptide got was suppose to help off set the difference a bit but shamans could use some additional love for 10 just as druid could for 25. Also, thier mastery can effect thier healing a ton. If the raid is constantly low on health a shaman may be above the others, but when good healers are keeping people topped off all the time shamans don't get much from thier mastery and fall behind a bit. Thier mastery works in a way that makes shaman numbers difficult to judge but thier mastery is defiantely valueble for when the raid IS dipping low. Assuming your raid stays near high health it can be expected that shamans will be a little behind. This holds true for 10-man but not 25-man where shamans are ahead of druids by a decent amount and even monks are falling behind shamans.
Reply Quote
90 Draenei Shaman
In raid progression when raid damage is intense: Disc Priests keep low people alive and Resto Shammys bring them back up to full. Great synergy.

On farm status when raid damage is low: Disc Priests keep health bars frozen and Resto Shammys use their healing rain to draw boobs on the ground.
Reply Quote
90 Draenei Monk
In raid progression when raid damage is intense: Disc Priests keep low people alive and Resto Shammys bring them back up to full. Great synergy.

On farm status when raid damage is low: Disc Priests keep health bars frozen and Resto Shammys use their healing rain to draw boobs on the ground.

LOL I love this.

Yeah basically.
Reply Quote
90 Blood Elf Priest

Very true. I love healing with our Shaman when stuff is all new and threatening, we work amazingly well together.

When it's farm he just drops mana/healing tide when I tell him to and goes on a cigarette break.
Reply Quote
100 Draenei Paladin
12/11/2012 11:15 AMPosted by Zukovv
Resto Shammys use their healing rain to draw boobs on the ground.

And mages can use their Rune of Powers for the... umm

nevermind
Reply Quote
90 Tauren Shaman
This is a great point actually Zukovv. Shamans are probably the best healer to get many people from 5% to 90% in a short time due to not just our spells (HTT and Super saiyan mode+healing rain) but also because of the way our mastery works. I believe that there are more worldoflog transcripts from content that is on farm naturally. Farm content would usually imply that less people are getting hit very low as they may be more prepared, higher geared, or just can avoid better. What healer excells in this type of setting (chart wise atleast)? Disc priests! I personally believe that shamans are actually very good and people seriously should not put so much reliance on these stupid logs. If your guild is downing the boss you are doing a good job.

I 2 heal MV and we just downed the first HoF boss 2 heal as well (got second boss to 2%!!!!). I heal with a resto druid. I can by myself get the entire raid from 5% to nearly full after an elegon annihilate with using minimal mana (HTT). I would say that is pretty good. Also... spirit link totem is just so god damn amazing in those o !@#$ moments were the raid is about to take a butt load of damage and that ONE DPS just took 100k damage.
Reply Quote
90 Pandaren Shaman
We are pretty good, and fun too. Also as a panda, adorable.
Reply Quote
90 Draenei Shaman
In all seriousness, I strongly assert that healing is the raid role that changes the most dramatically as a fight moves from the extremes of: Impossible, Intense Progression, Farm Status.

Some classes are inevitably going to be a bit better at sniping heals on farm status, this is hardly a thing of value when you're on progression.

And since raid healing is largely zone-based with healers getting primary designations with some element of cross-over to help other healers, HPS is not going to be nearly enough to determine who is a good healer.

While it's no longer this extreme, back in BC Pallys were the consumate Tank Healers. No one would ever dream of measuring how good Pally healers are by way of HPS.
Reply Quote
90 Human Priest
12/10/2012 08:04 PMPosted by Sensations
We are last on the raidbots meters for 10m, this isn't how these forums work. Raidbots are the law of the land 'round these parts apple.

For someone who tries to present himself as above the fray, you take every liberty to lash out at the “emotional” and “mental midgets” on these forums. How about you do yourself a favor, move on and get over it.
Reply Quote
90 Blood Elf Priest

LMFAO i'm totally gonna bring 2 shamans to farm content just so i can see this at work and take a screen shot.
Reply Quote
100 Orc Shaman
HC

For someone who tries to present himself as above the fray, you take every liberty to lash out at the “emotional” and “mental midgets” on these forums. How about you do yourself a favor, move on and get over it.

I'll be sure to not offend you next time I post, my dearest apologies.
Edited by Sensations on 12/11/2012 12:39 PM PST
Reply Quote
90 Troll Shaman
12/10/2012 08:00 PMPosted by Applebush
are pretty good

Agreed. I enjoy the class much more than my other 4 healers.
Reply Quote
90 Human Priest
12/11/2012 12:35 PMPosted by Sensations

Your maturity overwhelms me; I’d expect nothing less from you.
Reply Quote
100 Orc Shaman
HC
12/11/2012 01:28 PMPosted by Gandhisfist

Your maturity overwhelms me; I’d expect nothing less from you.

I'm glad you know me so well, if I knew I had fanboys I would've put on a better transmog.
Reply Quote
50 Human Priest

Resto shaman and disc priests have awful synergy. The disc bubbles negatively impact the shaman's mastery.

I do agree with the OP though.
Reply Quote
90 Goblin Shaman
12/11/2012 01:40 AMPosted by Stratis
Shamans have always been better in 25-man than 10 man due to spreading on fights and such.

i agree with this part
Reply Quote
85 Draenei Shaman

I enjoyed this post.
Reply Quote
94 Orc Shaman

This is the stuff that changes this from a fun game to work. Thank god for LFR.... This was a saving grace for some of us.
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)

Reported!

[Close]