Healing through walls.

90 Human Warlock
I'm a little sick of monks. More specifically, monk statues healing people through walls. I see it all the time in WSG and Twin Peaks.
It's enough that they can close and create 50+ yard gaps, but LOS healing is across a line.
Reply Quote
90 Blood Elf Priest
If you can't DPS through Soothing Mist, you suck.
Reply Quote
90 Human Warlock
Well that's really sweet of you to post things that don't relate to the OP, but, may I remind you that what you just said has nothing to do with the OP? Derailment denied.
Reply Quote
90 Pandaren Monk
Channeled abilties have always worked this way. It would be especially ridiculous if the target had to maintain LoS not just to the monk healer, but also their statue. This really feels like a very small complaint, given that MWs are the worst pvp healers atm (and were prior to 5.1 as well), and that the statue heals for 50% of what our soothing mist does, so maybe 5k/tick. It's really not a big deal.
Reply Quote
90 Human Priest
I love the fact that my lightspring and divine hymn heal through walls, and yet you choose to pick the weakest out-of-los heal to complain about.
What about casting MG and using ArchV to get out of los while having full up-time must be nice.
Reply Quote
90 Blood Elf Priest
12/10/2012 09:31 PMPosted by Daydra
Well that's really sweet of you to post things that don't relate to the OP, but, may I remind you that what you just said has nothing to do with the OP? Derailment denied.

It has everything to do with your OP. The statue is casting Soothing Mist. Soothing Mist does (as Erayo pointed out) about 5k a tick, maybe a little bit more. If you can't DPS through 5k a tick, I don't know what to tell you.
Reply Quote
90 Pandaren Monk
12/10/2012 10:34 PMPosted by Tiriél

It has everything to do with your OP. The statue is casting Soothing Mist. Soothing Mist does (as Erayo pointed out) about 5k a tick, maybe a little bit more. If you can't DPS through 5k a tick, I don't know what to tell you.

Actually, the statue's Soothing is half potency compared to the Monk's. Mine ticks for maybe 8k in a raid settings, so quite a bit less than that in PvP. I could auto-attack for more DPS than the healing my statue's Soothing puts out.
Reply Quote
90 Blood Elf Priest
12/10/2012 11:38 PMPosted by Daerien
Actually, the statue's Soothing is half potency compared to the Monk's. Mine ticks for maybe 8k in a raid settings, so quite a bit less than that in PvP. I could auto-attack for more DPS than the healing my statue's Soothing puts out.

I'm pretty sure I can DPS through 8k a tick as Disc in PvP. >.> Even with the nerf to my damage.

Like I said... xD
Reply Quote
90 Human Warlock
Channeled anything doesn't just work that way. The target can LoS if the channel is already on them, and it will continue to channel. The statue will find any target regardless of LoS and heal it. From anywhere. It's not about how much it heals, it's about the fact that it shouldn't happen. If a priest could cast a renew through walls because "it only does X amount, why does it matter?" It would be the same thing. Heals don't go through walls. Just like spells and mele don't. Which is the OP. healing through walls. Not the amount that is healed.
Reply Quote
90 Blood Elf Priest
12/10/2012 11:49 PMPosted by Daydra
Channeled anything doesn't just work that way. The target can LoS if the channel is already on them, and it will continue to channel. The statue will find any target regardless of LoS and heal it. From anywhere. It's not about how much it heals, it's about the fact that it shouldn't happen. If a priest could cast a renew through walls because "it only does X amount, why does it matter?" It would be the same thing. Heals don't go through walls. Just like spells and mele don't. Which is the OP. healing through walls. Not the amount that is healed.

Monks are some of the easiest healers to destroy in BGs right now.
Reply Quote
90 Night Elf Priest
Now I wonder if Lightspring heals through walls.
Reply Quote
90 Human Warlock
Monks can evade mele easier than any other healer without CC. But, regardless, refer to OP.
(Healing through walls)
Edited by Daydra on 12/11/2012 12:01 AM PST
Reply Quote
90 Human Monk
Alot of channeled abilities work like that. It's a bit weird, but it's always been that way (Look at arcane missiles, for example).

To be honest, with how PvP is right now, a soothing mist tick through a wall is the least of my concerns.
Reply Quote
90 Blood Elf Priest
12/10/2012 11:56 PMPosted by Elethia
Now I wonder if Lightspring heals through walls.

I believe it does.
Reply Quote
90 Night Elf Warrior
Its not really the same as channels in general, because channels still require the target to at least start in LoS.

That said, there are other heals that ignore LoS. Healing stream totem does, I believe. At the least, I've been able to heal people with healing stream totem that I otherwise couldn't. Ancestral awakening doesn't require LoS either, I think.

But, a common factor in most heals that don't require LoS is that they come from some entity in the world. Its a necessary evil so that heals that come from stationary objects don't become extremely cumbersome in rooms that aren't entirely empty.

If for some reason it became an actual balance issue, they might approach it. But as it is, there'd probably be too much collateral damage.
Reply Quote
90 Blood Elf Priest
12/11/2012 12:46 AMPosted by Asthas
That said, there are other heals that ignore LoS.

I believe raid CDs like HTT, DH, and Tranq ignore LoS, and I also believe that Spirit Shell will, to an extent. I need to test it, but I could swear PoH will ignore LoS at times.
Reply Quote
90 Draenei Shaman
I was able to use PoH to heal a guy who got locked out of the final boss encounter in Temple of the Jade Serpent (although I couldn't dispel him).

I have used HST and HTT to heal through Hoptallus (apparently an attempt going rather poorly, by the looks of my Grid!) when I got locked out of it. Once it was over I thought to myself, "why exactly do I ever bother going in that room?". :P

I haven't really found any solid evidence of Paladin healing-through-walls yet. It seems like LoD and Light's Hammer might be able to heal through LoS, but I haven't had a situation come up where I've needed to do this.
Reply Quote
90 Blood Elf Priest
i got locked out of garalon in lfr because the raid was full (i guess i hit accept too quickly) and I had to run in from the start.

PoH ignores LoS from the person its casted on (you can't center PoH on a los'ed target from you, but it doesn't matter if that person is los'ing the rest of their party), and PoM can bounce through walls.
Reply Quote
90 Night Elf Priest
When Mistweavers get on par with pallys, shaman, and druids, this could become a legitimate issue.

Until then, let them have this. They have it bad enough.
Reply Quote
90 Blood Elf Priest
When Mistweavers get on par with pallys, shaman, and druids, this could become a legitimate issue.

Until then, let them have this. They have it bad enough.

Soothing mists doesn't even heal for a large amount. Now, if they could cast something more powerful through walls, i'd say something. Ya know, like HST, HTT, PoH, etc... >.>
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]