Catchup: Change weekly caps to season caps

100 Undead Warlock
TMO
Currently, if you don't play a week, you lose a minimum of 2200 conquest points that you will never, ever get back. Ever. They are gone forever.

If you have one character like myself, this isn't too much of an issue, but others with alts or others who level up late, join the season late, or just start the game late, are SOL.

The game is already able to track the amount of conquest earned in a season, so why not have the caps be on a season wide basis instead of a weekly one, with the total cap increasing every week?

Considering that pushing rating will earn you more conquest, and you still have to actually play to get the points, I can't think of any issues that this may cause.

Also, for hybrids with multiple sets: http://us.battle.net/wow/en/forum/topic/7350355200
Edited by Facespace on 12/16/2012 10:29 AM PST
Reply Quote
90 Undead Warlock
That's actually a pretty good idea. Though it would have to be some kinda sliding scale. I don't think you should be able to start 8 weeks late and get a full 17600 points in 1 week. But some middle-ground would definitely be a good idea.
Reply Quote
90 Human Priest
I agree this system is stupid and discouraging to play alts
Reply Quote
1 Human Priest
Yup I didn't hit 90 in the first week so I have been a week of gear behind the top players this entire season. I won't even consider playing a alt.
Reply Quote
90 Human Mage
12/10/2012 06:08 PMPosted by Fishdots
don't think you should be able to start 8 weeks late and get a full 17600 points in 1 week.

I have thought of this idea a lot, mainly cause i'm a tiny bit short on my PvP weapon, i'd say let the players have his/her weekly CP cap increased by 2x until they catch up to normal. 4400 CP isn't that hard to get in a week.
Reply Quote
90 Human Warlock
I like this idea!
Reply Quote
13 Undead Warlock
yeah, this game is getting really alt-unfriendly... poor pures, lol... they really should just give each of them a 4th spec... next xpac, raise the level cap to 100 and rather than a new class (which is 3 specs to balance anyway), just make every class a hybrid - zomg, no more pure vs. hybrid threads! yes, druids have always essentially had 4 specs, but you've opened pandora's box - no reason other classes can't have 4 now either to add roles.

and this change would be sweet. everyone hates never being able to catch up in pvp with alts (heck, even mains that miss a week since MoP launch)... especially when gear in pvp is so essential to not getting globaled (skill = good, but skill+gear = better). getting an alt up to 90 right now and entering a bg gets you so many "zomg, you should just afk" "omg, you couldn't even buy contenders!?!" "/kill yourself" "auto-loss due to [insert alt], /afk" comments. -.-
Reply Quote
100 Undead Warlock
TMO
That's actually a pretty good idea. Though it would have to be some kinda sliding scale. I don't think you should be able to start 8 weeks late and get a full 17600 points in 1 week. But some middle-ground would definitely be a good idea.

17600 points in one week is a bit under 100 arena wins. That's quite a bit.

Not only is it an appropriate amount to ask for that much conquest, they won't be time constrained to do it that week.

Besides, they will still be behind other players who have increased their conquest caps.
Reply Quote
90 Human Paladin
+ 1'd.

I don't think you should be able to start 8 weeks late and get a full 17600 points in 1 week.

Care to elaborate? I see no reason why alts should be 10k+ points behind everyone else because they were leveling slowly or multiple characters. They still put in the same time that others did, but did it later in the season and probably will get less points overall anyways because it's not hard to extend your cap at week one and maintaining it only takes 1 game per week.
Reply Quote
90 Tauren Shaman
I resubbed 2 weeks ago, would be really nice to have some way to catch up.
Reply Quote
Good idea. Should be implemented to some degree.
Reply Quote
88 Goblin Warlock
solid idea, and actually encourage more games in queue
Reply Quote
90 Undead Warlock
12/11/2012 11:35 AMPosted by Facespace

17600 points in one week is a bit under 100 arena wins. That's quite a bit.

Not only is it an appropriate amount to ask for that much conquest, they won't be time constrained to do it that week.

Besides, they will still be behind other players who have increased their conquest caps.

I understand your intent. I don't have an issue with that.

I have an issue with the fact that it's exploitable, and would have lots of negative consequences.
Reply Quote
Please do this blizzard your not going to get enough people to reroll and continue playing your game the way this is now. The current system is far too punishing for alts with the conquest gear upgrade system, and pvp power on pvp weapons as it is. I want to start pvping on my preist, warrior, maybe make druid and have some fun in pvp working on rating but its way too much of an uphill climb. all I can really hope for is to be ready next season with some choices to pvp with if I do start gearing alts for pvp. Its not encouraging, last time I checked this was a game and its just not fun right now. Rating reward system also needs a look at.
Reply Quote
85 Human Hunter
If I ever get to play WoW again, would be because of this being implemented, +99999 & the internet to you sir.
Reply Quote
90 Human Mage
Have the point gain per win scaled up a bit depending on how many more points you need to cap so it doesn't seem like a big hurdle to jump over at 90.

It could also alleviate the 'bot' problem in BGs since players would have to actually win arena games in order to get optimal gear.

edit: One more thing this would do is inflate the ladders more which is something it really needs desperately at the moment.
Edited by Eva on 12/11/2012 5:49 PM PST
Reply Quote
90 Undead Rogue
they should implement this change for me
Reply Quote
100 Undead Warlock
TMO
One other thing I think that should happen if this were to be implemented is that players be unable to earn conquest from random battlegrounds, as I hear the botting problem is getting ridiculous.
Reply Quote
90 Human Death Knight
I wouldn't mind if they made conquest reset twice a week instead of just once.
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]