Catchup: Change weekly caps to season caps

90 Human Death Knight
I love this idea....I have 9 alts....this would seriously be a godsend on weeks that I just do not have time to cap all of them.
Reply Quote
90 Human Priest
Or they could just give everyone full gear to create a level playing field like any competitive game.

Gearing is dumb and boring. A game shouldn't be a chore.
Reply Quote
100 Night Elf Priest
I'd love to see a system such as:

Week 1: Cap 2200
Week 2: Cap 4400
Week 3: Cap 6600
Week 4: Cap 8800
etc

Where the Conquest Cap for everyone builds with the season. If you hit 90 on week four, you can cap out to 8800 and not be forever behind, however, it would still limit players from getting full epic gear by grinding it all at once up front.
Reply Quote
90 Human Paladin
Can the community and blizzard please pay attention to good ideas like this one instead of whining and complaining about the dumbest things.

Or better yet can someone tweet GC regarding this idea (I don't have twitter).
Reply Quote
90 Human Paladin
I completely agree with the OP, it would make things a lot better for me.

I don't really understand the rationalization for restricting players from being competitive because they have RL issues and can't play for a few weeks in a season. I thought arena should be more about skill?
Reply Quote
31 Blood Elf Monk
This is a good idea, and blizzard will probably ignore it.
Reply Quote
100 Orc Warlock
It certainly hasn't helped that non upgraded Malevolent gear is 25 item levels above non upgraded Dreadful gear. (Compared to last season, where the difference between Cataclysmic and Ruthless gear was 13 item levels.)

12/12/2012 10:07 AMPosted by Bellathissa
This is a good idea, and blizzard will probably ignore it.

They won't ignore it if this thread keeps going.

I'm actually surprised how support for this idea is nearly unanimous. That's something rare on these forums (or any online forum/discussion board that doesn't enforce similar ideologies).
Edited by Vreivai on 12/12/2012 12:30 PM PST
Reply Quote
90 Human Warlock
Whether or not they use this exact mechanism, I agree that something needs to be done. As someone that loves playing alts, this expansion has made it virtually impossible to play more than one character at max level.

Blizz needs to face the music that the MMO community has changed over the past 5 years. We WANT to enjoy multiple toons and get different experiences - instead of just playing one character/class forever.

Ideas like this would go a long way towards that end - unfortunately with MoP Blizzard has gone the exact opposite direction...
Reply Quote
90 Night Elf Priest
Whether or not they use this exact mechanism, I agree that something needs to be done. As someone that loves playing alts, this expansion has made it virtually impossible to play more than one character at max level.

Blizz needs to face the music that the MMO community has changed over the past 5 years. We WANT to enjoy multiple toons and get different experiences - instead of just playing one character/class forever.

Ideas like this would go a long way towards that end - unfortunately with MoP Blizzard has gone the exact opposite direction...

People want to experience different things, yes. People like me wanted to try something different and heal arenas and made the mistake of coming back to the game and rolling a priest.

So I want to level a new Healer to do arenas. I dont feel like I can because of the gearing issues. So I've decided to just suffer or roll shadow.

These changes would certainly promote FOTM rerolling. But that would certainly send a clear message to blizzard - when a class has absolutely no representation.
Reply Quote
90 Undead Warlock
TMO
12/12/2012 12:39 PMPosted by Antisane
These changes would certainly promote FOTM rerolling. But that would certainly send a clear message to blizzard - when a class has absolutely no representation.

Conversely, if you have bad luck and have chosen a weak class like monk/rogue to level first, you won't be as penalized.
Reply Quote
90 Night Elf Druid
Can't agree with this philosophy (or something similar) more. The current upgrade system is absolutely destructive to players who sub late - or miss time. Infinitely behind is infinitely behind. Don't get me started on my handful of alts that are 2400+ exp but are dormant now because of this HORRIBLE upgrade system.

" i really feel like playing my <insert alt class>, oh but I'll be under geared for the rest of the season no matter how well I perform"

I wish blizzard would fix this asap.
Reply Quote
90 Blood Elf Death Knight
This is an awesome idea, if your late getting into the arena seasin by 6 weeks u get the option of 6x2200 pts. Then the 7th week would be based on your skill level like every one else.

The only people who wouldn't like this imo would be those wanting easy wwins off fresh 90s.

Signed
Reply Quote
90 Night Elf Druid
Agreed with Mavrax. The only people who would disagree here are people who don't want to face equivalently geared opponents.

Conversely - if you DO play every week and boost your own cap you will still have an edge -- it just won't be a GAPING CAVERN of an advantage like it is now.

WTB blue attention to this issue. It's really discouraging atm.
Edited by Compatible on 12/12/2012 7:46 PM PST
Reply Quote
90 Undead Priest
Great idea.

I'm currently debating on quitting this game right now or not. It's just too much of a chore to have to log on every single week to cap your points. God forbid you cap through RBGs. I have only 2 90s, 1 of which has gone at least 4 weeks without getting capped just because I didn't feel like it.

Odds are I can get 2.2 in 5s anyway, but there's really nothing left after that anyway. The whole PvP scene in this game with few rewards has just become too bland for me and the grind has gotten old.
Reply Quote
90 Human Warrior
If you think this is a good idea, vote up the OP so that it's more likely to be seen by the blues.
Reply Quote
90 Undead Priest
nice idea; I dont bother with alts because of this...i have 1 alt..2 is enough
Edited by Xpotiom on 12/12/2012 8:31 PM PST
Reply Quote
90 Night Elf Priest
Great idea.

I'm currently debating on quitting this game right now or not. It's just too much of a chore to have to log on every single week to cap your points. God forbid you cap through RBGs. I have only 2 90s, 1 of which has gone at least 4 weeks without getting capped just because I didn't feel like it.

Odds are I can get 2.2 in 5s anyway, but there's really nothing left after that anyway. The whole PvP scene in this game with few rewards has just become too bland for me and the grind has gotten old.

Im kind of the same way, but more so because it has been such a chore to learn how to play Disc in Arenas well enough to be competitive. Today I respec'd to shadow and its like the skies opened up and wins started coming again.

But I wanted to heal in Arenas. I want to roll another healer... but even with a monk at 71 and a Paladain at 79... the thought of the honor/conq grind makes me sick.
Reply Quote
90 Human Death Knight
Keep this idea going guys
Reply Quote
90 Tauren Druid
Good thread. Liked OP's post
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]