abuse and I'm sick of it.

(Locked)

90 Orc Warrior
I was in Mogu'shan palace heroic just now, we were pulling last mobs before final boss. Smooth runs no death, except the tank bailed after 2nd boss. So I equipt my tank gear, and decide to pull remainder mobs until the replacement tank arrives. Oops, I forgot that my bars didn't change over and we ended up wiping on a pull. I understand I made a mistake but guess what? Booted from group. This <removed> keeps happening OVER and OVER and OVER and OVER again with these random heroics. Just seems this system is bringing out the worst and people and not holding those accountable who really abuse it.

I know about your report feature, but how can I know who initiated the /votekick? How can I see everyone in the group prior to being kicked who didn't speak in chat? Very nice, is that working as intended?
Edited by Roraks on 12/11/2012 2:10 PM PST
14 Blood Elf Priest
12/11/2012 02:02 PMPosted by Gutulrak
I understand I made a mistake but guess what? Booted from group.

This actually isn't abuse. It's using the in-game feature as it's designed to be used. The majority of your group agreed that you should be kicked and unfortunately, that's exactly what the feature is there for.

If it keeps happening to you over and over, you might want to reconsider how you're acting/playing in the game. I have never been kicked from a random group in the entire time that the feature has been available.

Just seems this system is bringing out the worst and people and not holding those accountable who really abuse it.

Sadly, those who used it on you are likely glad that it exists...sorry :(

I know about your report feature, but how can I know who initiated the /votekick? How can I see everyone in the group prior to being kicked who didn't speak in chat?

You can't and nor could those player be reported for anything.

You however, posting profanity (masked or otherwise) is something that can indeed be reported, so I would recommend self editing your post.
MVP
86 Night Elf Priest
There's nothing to report about being kicked from a group. It was a decision initiated by one of four players, and agreed to by at least two others.

It's not fun being kicked. It may not feel fair. But it is not a violation of any rules to kick someone from a group for ANY reason. If someone decides I'm too blue or you're too green for their group, they can vote kick us. If they decide they don't like our tabards, they can vote to kick us. If they sneeze and decide it was our fault, they can initiate a vote to kick us.

I'm sorry, but yes the Vote to Kick system is working as intended. It just isn't always win-win.
100 Undead Death Knight
You cannot "abuse" the vote kick system.

All it does is kick someone when a majority of others vote yes.
The system does not care about the motives behind the votes. The system does not care about the feelings of the one kicked.

If the majority votes to kick you, you get kicked. Period.

There is nothing to report.
11 Goblin Rogue
keeps happening OVER and OVER and OVER and OVER again with these random heroics.

? i have never been kicked and seldom see vote kicks come up and most of those times have been afk's. I have only seen one unfair kick on a dps in ZA because they didnt think they were geared well enough to do the bear. In that case I was the tank and dropped group after the kick (didnt feel like helping them get the bear sfter that)
64 Tauren Death Knight
How would you know whether or not the tank voted yes?

..and even if you DID know, perhaps the tank was a plate wearer, who didn't want to run with another plate wearer.

You don't seem to understand, that groups can kick you for any reason they want... this includes the reasons: "no reason at all" and "because we can" or "tabard too pink" or "hair too purple"

Opting to kick someone isn't considered abuse.

...and most people would have no issues with kicking someone who just caused a wipe during an otherwise perfect run.
90 Draenei Shaman
There's nothing to report about being kicked from a group. It was a decision initiated by one of four players, and agreed to by at least two others.

It's not fun being kicked. It may not feel fair. But it is not a violation of any rules to kick someone from a group for ANY reason. If someone decides I'm too blue or you're too green for their group, they can vote kick us. If they decide they don't like our tabards, they can vote to kick us. If they sneeze and decide it was our fault, they can initiate a vote to kick us.

I'm sorry, but yes the Vote to Kick system is working as intended. It just isn't always win-win.

I believe it can be abused, but it's a grey area. It works as intended and yes they can kick for any reason, but if the other 4 people running are guildies, their reasons can simply be that you aren't on the in with them. That to me seems like a highly unjustifiable reason that you get absolutely no say in.

Take for example a run from experience: I join the run, we run 1 or 2 bosses. We have some difficulty with last boss and I see someone slacking or just not pulling their weight and I vote kick clearly with the reason that his DPS is too low, and they end up vote kicking me because I tried to vote kick their guild member.

But, I say this as my two cents with absolute certainty nothing will be changed because this isn't anything anyone can monitor. I just feel that players can be overly petty and cavalier with this vote kick system.
64 Tauren Death Knight
So you're just venting because you're angry at how the kick and loot systems work?

If you've got any feedback, or any suggestions on how these could be improved, you'll want to make a constructive post in the dungeon & raid forum.
100 Human Paladin
aus
12/11/2012 02:20 PMPosted by Aarschott
You cannot "abuse" the vote kick system.

A 4 man guild group can abuse the vote kick. That is why their is a harsh punishment if they do in fact kick. But they can still kick.

This <removed> keeps happening OVER and OVER and OVER and OVER again with these random heroics. Just seems this system is bringing out the worst and people and not holding those accountable who really abuse it.

I have not seen anyone kicked from a 90 heroic for cause. Sure for afk's and disconnects but not one vote kick for someone not being good enough.
25 Night Elf Druid
Its not that everyone isn't sympathetic. To a degree .

Its just that they understand that it's working as intended. Whether or not anyone agrees with it. Personally? I agree with it. But I digress.

Basically this is a social issue. Not an abuse or misuse issue. If there are enough votes, as well as the other criteria, that can boot you for any reason.
1 Human Hunter
Hardly ever have I seen it abused. Not once in MoP so far. In fact I'm a jerk a vote to kick people all the time because I'm very impatient and the group actually votes against it and keeps low DPS/semi-AFK people in the group most of the time unless it's someone who is truly AFK or has been disconnected for a long time. Even if the healer can't keep the group up and we're wiping most times the other people will refuse to vote them and just want to help them learn.

People always portray WOW players as jerks and trolls, but the reality is that it's simply the fact that those people are so vocal that makes it appear that way. Most of the people who play the game aren't bad people.

And I say this because I'm one of the worst and am amazed at how often people actually stick up for other people even if they're clearly bringing the group down making the run take longer or wiping the group.
Edited by Ermagherd on 12/11/2012 4:35 PM PST
12/11/2012 02:22 PMPosted by Lazygoblin
i have never been kicked and seldom see vote kicks come up and most of those times have been afk's.

This has been my experience as well, which always causes me to question the behavior of people who make posts like these.
43 Pandaren Monk
I also have never been kicked from a group or raid. My gear is kinda sucky right now and my dps is a lot lower then it should be. I am working on that thru the LFD and LFR system. I still have never been booted.

Blizzard does not get involved in social issues. There is nothing to report. They do have a cooldown that kinda gets higher the more you use the vote kick feature.

If you have constructive feedback on how you think it could be done better, then post that in the dungeons and raids forum. Complaining here is pointless. The SFA's have no power to change in game mechanics. Nor do they pass on the info we posts to those that do.

12/11/2012 02:34 PMPosted by Gutulrak
This ridiculous guy above me Lazygoblin CS alt or something, you know how often this sytem gets abused.

Is this a good example of how you conduct yourself in game? If so I am not surprised you have an issue with getting booted from groups a lot. Sometimes we need to change or conform to something out of our norm for the sake of getting the job done without causing and issue for others in the group/raid.
Dude i totally agree with you. I mean first turn over dungeons in Cata, ive been kicked twice just today. I queue for dungeons has Tank and Dps, i usually get Tank so i dont have as much dps gear. I was specd fury and didnt have another off hand wep so i stayed Prot spec and they booted me for using a "Sword and Shield to dps with".

And again for Needing 2 peices of tank Plate gear while i was Dps, even after asking if anyone need or wanted or minded if they needed it. (the tank a monk).

I agree this system is super abused. If you go in with your guildie you can just team up and vote kick another person because they/you could be rolling on the persons gear.
I dont agree with it cause there is a 100% increase with douchebags playing this game now, and i mean it just makes it alot harder for casual players who are not super intense and maybe fairly new to the game. Kids got it easy nowadays, never could vote kick in Wotlk but you finished with the grp.
Edited by Dripz on 12/11/2012 8:29 PM PST
83 Undead Monk
I was in Mogu'shan palace heroic just now, we were pulling last mobs before final boss. Smooth runs no death, except the tank bailed after 2nd boss. So I equipt my tank gear, and decide to pull remainder mobs until the replacement tank arrives. Oops, I forgot that my bars didn't change over and we ended up wiping on a pull. I understand I made a mistake but guess what? Booted from group. This <removed> keeps happening OVER and OVER and OVER and OVER again with these random heroics. Just seems this system is bringing out the worst and people and not holding those accountable who really abuse it.

I know about your report feature, but how can I know who initiated the /votekick? How can I see everyone in the group prior to being kicked who didn't speak in chat? Very nice, is that working as intended?

I'm posting from this alt, as this is the only toon I've been booted on since the feature was implemented; and yes, I am a healer, and I was booted for derping and being alt tabbed, so it was my fault.

While it sucks that you were booted, the simple fact that you didn't realize your bars didn't change could suggest to your group that you lacked certain skills and they simply didn't want to play with you any more. If you don't want to get kicked for making a simple mistake, queue with a friend. For that matter, if you have sufficient gear to actually tank, why didn't you simply queue as a tank?

12/11/2012 07:58 PMPosted by Dripz
so i stayed Prot spec and they booted me for using a "Sword and Shield to dps with".

Yeah, your dps is going to be terrible, and you shouldn't queue as a DPS if you only have sufficient tank gear then. Many people also have terrible gear for their main specs, so the dungeons can be hard enough if people are just bad, never mind low dps in the wrong spec because you have no gear. That's like me going DPS in my healing gear for absolutely no reason.
90 Pandaren Priest
If it keeps happening to you over and over, you might want to reconsider how you're acting/playing in the game. I have never been kicked from a random group in the entire time that the feature has been available.

well you are lucky I have gotten kicked for the dumbest reasons.

Like having to afk, I cant put real life on hold just for a game but apparently people sometimes have problems with that.... even though having to AFK is not against the rules people act like it

12/11/2012 11:27 PMPosted by Proxied
Yeah, your dps is going to be terrible, and you shouldn't queue as a DPS if you only have sufficient tank gear then. Many people also have terrible gear for their main specs, so the dungeons can be hard enough if people are just bad

ehh.... in my opinion atleast.... dps is not and has never really been a huge deal for 5 mans. I think they are designed to be done if you dont have the best dps

I wish they would make a system that would tell the intension behind the kick. That way you arent getting kicked because you smell bad or something
Edited by Beautifful on 12/12/2012 1:06 AM PST
100 Tauren Druid
12/12/2012 01:03 AMPosted by Beautifful
Like having to afk, I cant put real life on hold just for a game but apparently people sometimes have problems with that....

People have problems with people who AFK and then have the auto-AFK flag turn up. That almost certainly tells people you ain't coming back.
This topic is locked.

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]