Druid cyclones and "vanish"

90 Tauren Shaman
every CC should have a Cool down
Reply Quote
90 Night Elf Druid
12/11/2012 11:57 PMPosted by Slowbhro
cyclone is next...just watch

People been saying this since TBC. It's fine, but need to change the insta-clones that ferals can do every few secs.
Reply Quote
90 Night Elf Druid

You need to make a distinction here between feral and resto, i agree resto can be too cc heavy in certain matches especially if his most likely caster cleave is controlling you enough but a 30sec cd on clone in general would break ferals who are good at managing combo points

Yes, let me make the distinction that Resto CC's are the only issue. Good Feral players can be annoying if not table-turning, but Resto CC's require little skill to combo and have no cooldowns and can be made instant cast and almost ALWAYS wins the game for the team.

So cyclone been in the game since TBC and now you are saying it is OP?
Reply Quote
90 Blood Elf Warrior
resto cyclone i mean
Reply Quote
90 Tauren Druid
druids are fine.
Reply Quote
90 Worgen Druid
Feral can instant cyclone after a finisher too... but yeah displacer is usable during a global silence, roots and stuns(i think stuns).

Probably needs fixing
Reply Quote
12/11/2012 11:53 PMPosted by Usera
cyclone is fine get over it, displacer prolly needs a nerf but i wouldnt get your hopes up anytime soon mages got a hard nerf and blizz is proabably still crying in a corner somehwere

Cyclone seems fine to me until the feral uses it spontaneously with no warning and no way to avoid.
Reply Quote
90 Night Elf Druid
Why is cyclone suddenly coming under fire? Oh wait that's right, no one played Resto Druid for 3 seasons. Cyclone hasn't been changed since the dawn of time and it's a balanced ability. Druids have always been about CC. That was the thing they had over other classes, Nek Minute, Holy pallies + MOP.
Reply Quote
90 Night Elf Druid
12/12/2012 04:41 AMPosted by Corrino
Feral can instant cyclone after a finisher too... but yeah displacer is usable during a global silence, roots and stuns(i think stuns).

Not usable in stuns or GCD.
Reply Quote
90 Night Elf Druid
lol@the people crying about cyclone/displacer... id like to see you try and play a druid.

without cyclone/displacer our class is dead?

if i get focused by 2 dps, displacer saves lives.

displacer is fine at 30 seconds.

and dont even get me started on cyclone "cyclone should have a 30 second cooldown" LOL!!!1

edit: its funny how the people who complain are the ones who know nothing about pvp, i looked up the person who made this thread and she has no achievements?! i mean did she just get angry when she was doing 2s for cap when a druid used displacer beast? lol? frustrating.
Edited by Jekx on 12/12/2012 11:59 AM PST
Reply Quote
90 Undead Death Knight

It's been the same since the beginning of time. Shut up about it already.

In a game this old, some things are overdue for a change.

Such as paladins invulnerability bubble. Broken then, still broken. Now that they have a AOE instant blind to use while bubbled to get distance on 8 guys beating on them, it's even more broken. Remove it from the game.

It's not right that Paladins are the only class in the game with a fight reset button.
Edited by Deathcoil on 12/12/2012 11:57 AM PST
Reply Quote
Such as paladins invulnerability bubble. Broken then, still broken. Remove it from the game.

bubble has been nerfed a bunch of times, and certain classes have gained the ability to break it since then, it's not even comaprable
Reply Quote
90 Human Warrior
12/12/2012 12:21 AMPosted by Gròmmash
If they are going to modify anything about druids it should be looking at displacer beasts CD and removing symbiosis from arena completely. The ability is way too hard to balance and makes them too good in some comps.

Druid/Lock Symb on Blades Edge/Sewers is fun
Reply Quote
90 Undead Death Knight
12/12/2012 11:57 AMPosted by Knew
Such as paladins invulnerability bubble. Broken then, still broken. Remove it from the game.

bubble has been nerfed a bunch of times, and certain classes have gained the ability to break it since then, it's not even comaprable

How is having a reset button when every other healer has to grin and bare the damage and hope they come out alive fair? Not like Paladins have less CC than other classes now. Repentence, HoJ, AOE blind, on top of now superior speed to most classes. With all that you still need some mouth-breather reset button so you can go back to your happy place for a few seconds, get your blood pressure back down, and heal up to full. Does a druid or priest have that? Nope. They have chaos for the duration they get focused and hope to god their teammates can peel for them.

You don't need bubble any more. It needs to go.
Reply Quote
90 Night Elf Druid
12/12/2012 12:08 PMPosted by Deathcoil
They have chaos for the duration they get focused and hope to god their teammates can peel for them
Reply Quote
90 Undead Death Knight
And as far as symbiosis being banned from arena, that's cool. But then make the ability baseline for druids and give them another powerful level 87 ability. Dailies are already such a huge part of the game and look to continue to be, and the VAST majority of the time you are doing dailies alone, and symbiosis cannot be used solo. When you lock out arena too, you have an ability that never gets used as a level 87 power.

Considering the druids other high level ability is wild mushrooms (which is worthless), I'd say that would be a MASSIVE FU from blizzard if they took symbiosis away and gave nothing in return..

Give another heal/damage cooldown and you can take symbiosis.
Reply Quote
90 Orc Warrior
if i get focused by 2 dps, displacer saves lives.

displacer is fine at 30 seconds.

Sure but why does it get to save lives like 80% of the time. Make the CD a min and it'd be fine.
Also I hate instant clone with no CD
Reply Quote
90 Human Warrior
How is having a reset button when every other healer has to grin and bare the damage and hope they come out alive fair? Not like Paladins have less CC than other classes now. Repentence, HoJ, AOE blind, on top of now superior speed to most classes. With all that you still need some mouth-breather reset button so you can go back to your happy place for a few seconds, get your blood pressure back down, and heal up to full. Does a druid or priest have that? Nope. They have chaos for the duration they get focused and hope to god their teammates can peel for them.

Because bubble is more retarded than tree form.
Reply Quote
90 Blood Elf Paladin

without cyclone/displacer our class is dead?

and just nerfed healing by an additional 15% this recent fix. druid healing output was considerably low alrdy.

[quote="73919244277"][quote]

its dispellable. and pallies get CCed hard. its our last resort. and we cant like druids pop things like barkskin while CCed
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]