Naxx 25 Razuvious strat

100 Worgen Death Knight
I need one.

I'm fairly new to Blood spec. I solo'd Naxx 10 including Raz in blood spec with my DPS gear without much issue. I think Raz gave me the most trouble, but at the time I didn't quite understand the mechanic behind Blood Mastery's damage shield well enough and I was taking some serious damage I could have avoided.

I've since tried Raz on 25-man twice, and didn't even drop him to half health as at least one of his attacks was pounding me for around 70k.

My strat, or lack thereof, was to simply focus on Raz and use the adds to build up Vengeance, popping army at the start to give me a little distraction while so many adds were alive. The adds die pretty quick just taking the cleave and disease damage.

Any suggestions? Should I focus adds down first? My tank gear is terribad (vendor 408 greens and a smattering of 4-something higher greens from quests in Town Long Steppes.

Edit: Oh, and the gargoyles in plague quarter on 25-man can die in a fire. I have a devil of a time killing them without them stoneskinning.
Edited by Sethanas on 12/11/2012 11:05 PM PST
Reply Quote
90 Orc Warrior
Mastery, Mastery, Mastery.

You need your blood shield to be stacked up high at all times. I think I run with 130% mastery, and my health barely dips.

What you want to do is open with army and use outbreak/blood boil to spread your diseases around. Then, use blood boil and death strike and runestrike to get the adds down.

Death Strike is your main attack for this fight, without exception. Everything you do should be focused on getting you more death strikes. Then you'll get it.
Reply Quote
90 Human Death Knight
If you're 90.. this shouldn't even be a problem. I do Naxx 25 weekly (only military now) for Armageddon. Raz is a joke in dps gear/blood spec ~473 ilvl. His strikes still hit decently but by the time he does another one im back to full health just from death strikes. I just ignore adds and cleave/dot them down.
Reply Quote
100 Human Death Knight
Just use your DPS gear.
Reply Quote
90 Blood Elf Death Knight
Yeah, I've been doing naxx weekly for Armageddon, finally got it this week.
Raz is easy, just keep your blood shield up and you win.

Btw, you -need- the glyph of icy touch for after raz, few of the trash use a bone armor type ability that makes them immune to all damage and they tend to refresh it right as it falls off, glyphed icy touch removes the buff making it possible to kill them.
Edited by Salloreon on 12/12/2012 7:43 AM PST
Reply Quote
100 Worgen Death Knight
Mastery, Mastery, Mastery.

You need your blood shield to be stacked up high at all times. I think I run with 130% mastery, and my health barely dips.

What you want to do is open with army and use outbreak/blood boil to spread your diseases around. Then, use blood boil and death strike and runestrike to get the adds down.

Death Strike is your main attack for this fight, without exception. Everything you do should be focused on getting you more death strikes. Then you'll get it.

Thanks for the tip. I likely was burning too many runes on Heart Strike and should have been pressing Death Strike to keep the shield built.

12/12/2012 04:44 AMPosted by Niernen
If you're 90.. this shouldn't even be a problem. I do Naxx 25 weekly (only military now) for Armageddon. Raz is a joke in dps gear/blood spec ~473 ilvl. His strikes still hit decently but by the time he does another one im back to full health just from death strikes. I just ignore adds and cleave/dot them down.

I'm sure it is when you're doing a proper rotation for the fight, which I likely am not. Also, your gear is ~30 ilvl higher than my dps set, and the stat differences between ilvls are substantial this expansion. Tens of thousands of DPS substantial. But you're correct that this should be pretty easy. I know 85 DKs have done it. 90s should be cake.

12/12/2012 05:10 AMPosted by Deathquoi
Just use your DPS gear.

I am. That's not the problem. The problem is strategy for me.

12/12/2012 07:43 AMPosted by Salloreon
Btw, you -need- the glyph of icy touch for after raz, few of the trash use a bone armor type ability that makes them immune to all damage and they tend to refresh it right as it falls off, glyphed icy touch removes the buff making it possible to kill them.

Using that glyph for that reason. You run into the mounted DKs with bone armor before Raz, as well. But it's a good tip regardless.
Reply Quote
85 Dwarf Priest
Just do everything on 10m, then switch to 25m for 4H if you're farming for armageddon.
Reply Quote
90 Human Death Knight
Only boss I couldn't solo on 25m was Gluth, so it's easy if you just use your dps gear in blood spec
Reply Quote
100 Worgen Death Knight
12/12/2012 09:52 AMPosted by Sovernade
Just do everything on 10m, then switch to 25m for 4H if you're farming for armageddon.

Thought about doing that. I'm also trying to get the red variant of the DK blue starter zone gear, as well. That set is only in Normal 25.

12/12/2012 10:21 AMPosted by Dascylus
Only boss I couldn't solo on 25m was Gluth, so it's easy if you just use your dps gear in blood spec

I am. But as I stated I'm fairly new to blood spec and apparently didn't have the proper strategy for killing him. Given a few posts in this thread, I have a couple of options to try, I'm sure it'll become farmable.
Edited by Sethanas on 12/12/2012 10:44 AM PST
Reply Quote
100 Worgen Death Knight
Hrm. Tried again. I haven't reforged or anything, just went in to focus priority on getting adds down and focus on death strike to keep shield up. I lasted significantly longer, got him down to just under 2 million health. Adds went down fast. I had to use a potion, though, and at some point I got pretty heavily runestarved and was waiting for runes for a good four or five seconds. My whole attack pattern just fell apart after that.

I noticed times where the only thing I had available was heart strike, which I was using when that was the case. Should I have just waited for Death strike/Rune strike in those cases. Is heart strike simply a waste of runes in this fight?

And I'm thinking I need to boost mastery, as was stated earlier. I reforged out of a lot of it on my DPS gear.
Edited by Sethanas on 12/12/2012 12:54 PM PST
Reply Quote
100 Draenei Death Knight
I did this with tank spec and dps gear. My blood shield was maybe 80% at the time? I don't recall.
Reply Quote
90 Night Elf Druid
and at some point I got pretty heavily runestarved and was waiting for runes for a good four or five seconds. My whole attack pattern just fell apart after that.

Save RE for then.
Reply Quote
91 Undead Death Knight
Use your dps gear, I solo'd it yesterday and didn't even know the fights. Ignore the adds if you and just dps him.
Reply Quote
100 Undead Death Knight
well I see that you are Ilevel 445, so if you are having problems it might help to get some better gear.
Reply Quote
90 Night Elf Death Knight
Yeah, I've been doing naxx weekly for Armageddon, finally got it this week.
Raz is easy, just keep your blood shield up and you win.

You I love you! I didn't even think about that!! I went and soloed 4 horseman with those damn Dk's pounding on me the whole time then once I downed them I took the portal hoping to drop Aggro. When I got back to the bosses room the chest had despawned!! I shall never have this issue again!
Reply Quote
90 Orc Death Knight
sigh still farming 10 for the damn Slayer of the lifeless ><

side note anyone know if the pets have a higher drop rate in 25 man ?

Mini Gluth im after :P
Reply Quote
100 Worgen Death Knight

Hurf.

Durf.

Hurr.

I think he's trying to communicate. Poor guy. Probably dropped one too many times as a baby.
Reply Quote
90 Blood Elf Death Knight
stack mastery and deathstrike spam, keep diseases up, pop army at 50% health= loot
Reply Quote
90 Troll Death Knight
Got my Armageddon today. Just lay your diseases on the boss, spread them to adds. Kill adds first while balancing your deathstrikes. Army as soon as all adds are dead. Didn't fall below 80%hp the entire fight, just make sure you keep your blood shield up at all times.
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)

Reported!

[Close]