PvP healing Nerfed again!

90 Tauren Paladin
Are you kidding me? I could spew nerd rage on this for quite some time. I'm not going to bother. So...not only do heals get scaled to 50% PvP Power - now we get nerfed to 70% healing in PvP. What is wrong with you people?

Not going to rage - just going to play my mage....

PvP

The Battle Fatigue healing reduction debuff has been increased to 30% (was 15%).
Edited by Linax on 12/12/2012 3:50 AM PST
Reply Quote
90 Human Hunter
And? PvP heals are just out of control still. It is one thing in the game that directly scales well without PvP power and there was a Q&A on MMO Champion where GC states the development team doesn't believe you should have to CC stun a healer into oblivion to score a kill. You shouldn't need a group of people to kill ONE person.
Reply Quote
90 Blood Elf Hunter
And? PvP heals are just out of control still. It is one thing in the game that directly scales well without PvP power and there was a Q&A on MMO Champion where GC states the development team doesn't believe you should have to CC stun a healer into oblivion to score a kill. You shouldn't need a group of people to kill ONE person.

It's true lol, healers shouldn't be like tanks in the sense that it takes a good few dps to kill one.
Reply Quote
90 Tauren Paladin
Coming from Huntards I can understand the response. If hunters can't figure out how to chain CC and score a kill then healing in PvP is doomed.
Reply Quote
90 Human Paladin
12/12/2012 04:00 AMPosted by Llyss
You shouldn't need a group of people to kill ONE person.

So we're to be a kind of 'glass cannon' so to speak? Competent PvP'ers RUSH the healer and usually swarm them within mere seconds.

If they make it to where even 1 DPS can kill us, you won't see healers in PVP.

We're designed to keep tanks and raids up fighting bosses deal way more damage than a player can.

A duo or more competent at using CC effectively can take a healer down effectively.
Reply Quote
59 Undead Priest
12/12/2012 04:11 AMPosted by Linax
Coming from Huntards I can understand the response. If hunters can't figure out how to chain CC and score a kill then healing in PvP is doomed.

That blanket statement will keep you warm all winter!
Reply Quote
90 Human Hunter

The thing is not everyone has our utility belt and Blizzard recognizes this. You can't judge an entire situation like yours around one class like mine. If your argument against it based around "Hunter can CC chain QQ" then you need to stop being bad and learn how to really play your class.
Reply Quote
90 Human Paladin

To be honest, no one person can kill a healer. I haven't seen it done. Even in a CD vs CD battle, healers CD's usually trump whatever damage bonus' the DPS can dole out.

But like I said, if we're to be made into glass cannons for 1-2 damage dealers to kill us, then it's just not worth healing in PvP.
Reply Quote
90 Human Hunter
12/12/2012 04:13 AMPosted by Forescythe
You shouldn't need a group of people to kill ONE person.

So we're to be a kind of 'glass cannon' so to speak? Competent PvP'ers RUSH the healer and usually swarm them within mere seconds.

If they make it to where even 1 DPS can kill us, you won't see healers in PVP.

We're designed to keep tanks and raids up fighting bosses deal way more damage than a player can.

A duo or more competent at using CC effectively can take a healer down effectively.

And? Let us look at the numbers that play this game. There are more people who randomly BG and PvP than people who play rated levels. Now why should Blizzard make the majority of the playing field in favor of the minority? Not everyone sits in randoms on a public vent and coordinates their game. I mean for crying out loud on my Paladin I juke casts using the frikkin compass you got from Dalaran. "Oh he kicked my compass... Time to heal" And don't even get me started on all the utility healers get on top of the ability to heal themselves.
Reply Quote
91 Night Elf Hunter
Have you met my shaman friends? I'm sure you and them would like to discuss the current situation on class balancing and who has it worse.
Reply Quote
90 Blood Elf Priest
It should not take more than 1 person to kill a healer, however, now with all the CC and self heals DPS have, healers automatically lose 1 v 1 against these same classes, and that is also not right.

I would like to see all stuns grouped into the same DR, and all silences share the same Dr. It sucks to have something engage you and no matter what you do or when you pop your trinket, you are locked out untill you die.
Reply Quote
90 Blood Elf Priest
Pure PvP healing is in a sad state ATM. The nerfs are too much.

I won't even trot my disc priest out because it's so sad and pathetic compared to shadow.

The problem was the hybrid classes that could heal/DPS, and instead they made pure healing hugely UP right now.
Reply Quote
To be honest, no one person can kill a healer. I haven't seen it done. Even in a CD vs CD battle, healers CD's usually trump whatever damage bonus' the DPS can dole out.

been watching rogues down healers in a stunlock....
Reply Quote
91 Night Elf Hunter

I won't even trot my disc priest out because it's so sad and pathetic compared to shadow.

The problem was the hybrid classes that could heal/DPS, and instead they made pure healing hugely UP right now.
You mean like the tree huggers?
Reply Quote
90 Human Paladin
And? Let us look at the numbers that play this game. There are more people who randomly BG and PvP than people who play rated levels. Now why should Blizzard make the majority of the playing field in favor of the minority?

I don't play rated nor do I arena. I play BG's like the 'majority' does. So, I'm not sure how I suddenly speak for the 'minority'.

Not everyone sits in randoms on a public vent and coordinates their game. I mean for crying out loud on my Paladin I juke casts using the frikkin compass you got from Dalaran. "Oh he kicked my compass... Time to heal" And don't even get me started on all the utility healers get on top of the ability to heal themselves.

I don't either. I queue alone and heal random players like others do. Just the way it is.
Reply Quote
well for arena's now i can see 3 dps becoming way more viable. people that take a healer will just be gimping themselves. since the dps teams can just train the healer and start a 3v2 battle instantly.
Reply Quote
90 Blood Elf Priest

You mean like the tree huggers?

Resto could be in better shape than other healers.

For my money, pure healing isn't where it's at. Why play a spec that's lost half its PvP power for what it's supposed to be doing?
Reply Quote
90 Human Death Knight
It should not take more than 1 person to kill a healer, however, now with all the CC and self heals DPS have, healers automatically lose 1 v 1 against these same classes, and that is also not right.

I would like to see all stuns grouped into the same DR, and all silences share the same Dr. It sucks to have something engage you and no matter what you do or when you pop your trinket, you are locked out untill you die.

I think everyone will agree with your statement. CCs are WAYYYY out of control. Healers, yes, if there are multiple right now, they dominate the BG and there is basically no chance to win because of 3 - 4 players.

I personally would like more action, meaning fighting, and less CC. I'd even go to say that they should adopt the same mentality as Dungeons and Raids. For a BG, 2 healers, 2 tanks and the rest dps. This would help make it at least somewhat balanced.

How many times have you gone into a BG and see that they have 4 healers. Ugh, most likely you lost.
Reply Quote
90 Blood Elf Hunter

No need to take your nerd rage out on us. You talk as if the dps has to be good in order to solo any healer. Hm.. ever wonder what would happen if the healer was was also good? There's a thought.
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]