PvP healing Nerfed again!

90 Human Hunter
And? PvP heals are just out of control still. It is one thing in the game that directly scales well without PvP power and there was a Q&A on MMO Champion where GC states the development team doesn't believe you should have to CC stun a healer into oblivion to score a kill. You shouldn't need a group of people to kill ONE person.

So, healers should just roll over and die when they see the enemy.

Check.

Seriously, try healing. CC is cheap. You'll never make it out of chain silence/stun/cc. Getting one cast off is a miracle.

Now you are talking it's all 3 v 1. In that scenario you need to die. Period. Why is it fair that I go against 3 dps and I die but a healer should be able to take a beating in the face from 3 people and survive? If you are having all this done to you in group based play where is your team CC? Where are your peels and roots? Why is your team not doing their job protecting you? Why do so many healers have this mentality that they should be the deciding factor in every fight as a healer by just showing up? "Oh I joined this 3's group and because I'm here unless everyone drops what they are doing and focuses me I shouldn't even need to shield myself." Give me a break.
Edited by Llyss on 12/12/2012 4:28 AM PST
Reply Quote
90 Blood Elf Priest
It should not take more than 1 person to kill a healer, however, now with all the CC and self heals DPS have, healers automatically lose 1 v 1 against these same classes, and that is also not right.

I would like to see all stuns grouped into the same DR, and all silences share the same Dr. It sucks to have something engage you and no matter what you do or when you pop your trinket, you are locked out untill you die.

I think everyone will agree with your statement. CCs are WAYYYY out of control. Healers, yes, if there are multiple right now, they dominate the BG and there is basically no chance to win because of 3 - 4 players.

I personally would like more action, meaning fighting, and less CC. I'd even go to say that they should adopt the same mentality as Dungeons and Raids. For a BG, 2 healers, 2 tanks and the rest dps. This would help make it at least somewhat balanced.

How many times have you gone into a BG and see that they have 4 healers. Ugh, most likely you lost.

That's an issue of bad match-making.

Blizz should fire the WoW PvP team and bring over SC2 people on all this, and gag any game designers from other sections of the company that disagree with their changes.
Reply Quote
90 Goblin Shaman
And? PvP heals are just out of control still. It is one thing in the game that directly scales well without PvP power and there was a Q&A on MMO Champion where GC states the development team doesn't believe you should have to CC stun a healer into oblivion to score a kill. You shouldn't need a group of people to kill ONE person.

Get a T2 weapon, thats not how it is AT ALL.
Reply Quote
90 Blood Elf Priest
Whew, so glad I made this spriest in time.
I foresaw this becoming worse...MY druid may still be usable...
However, I won't be beating my head into my desk just to heal poor dps that doesn't know the meaning of peeling.
I SAID GOOD DAY SIR.
Reply Quote
90 Human Hunter
Whew, so glad I made this spriest in time.
I foresaw this becoming worse...MY druid may still be usable...
However, I won't be beating my head into my desk just to heal poor dps that doesn't know the meaning of peeling.
I SAID GOOD DAY SIR.

If you don't play rated or arena you have nothing to really worry about. These same dps that can't peel off you are the same as your opponents who can't interrupt you or won't look at the cast bar to see my Paladin is using a compass.
Reply Quote
90 Tauren Paladin
Funny how when you read the commentary here it's all about making this game a FPS instead of a strategic group based combat game.

How many times do we have to hear "But, it's hard to kill healers - I don't want to have to target them first and properly use my abilities - I just want to click and kill..." before it's FPS time for WoW.

Healing and CC make this a non FPS game - granted CC is overkill now - but continue to nerf healing and it will just be a a bunch of DPS'ers click killing everything - and you may as well pay for a license from the publisher and make this Call of Duty Ancient warfare.
Reply Quote
90 Blood Elf Priest
12/12/2012 04:18 AMPosted by Koorikage
To be honest, no one person can kill a healer. I haven't seen it done. Even in a CD vs CD battle, healers CD's usually trump whatever damage bonus' the DPS can dole out.

been watching rogues down healers in a stunlock....

I'd expect there to be a lack of healers very soon then... hell, when they find out they're nerfed a lot of them will just stop playing them. More will follow when they realize they've been gimped.

Less healers means more unbalance too. You like the warsong gulch with 2 healers on one side and none on yours? Lots of those games incoming.
Reply Quote
90 Human Hunter

If you don't play rated or arena you have nothing to really worry about. These same dps that can't peel off you are the same as your opponents who can't interrupt you or won't look at the cast bar to see my Paladin is using a compass.

You're creating too much of a difference between the rated and un-rated communities though, there's a lot of mixing between the two. Players shouldn't have to be hardcore arena/RBG players just to know how to play their class and setup CC combos. And if Arena has proved anything, it's that one good DPS can easily dispatch a good healer if they know what they're doing with their character.

And? The arena/rated community are the poison that ruins PvP anyway. Healers were complete Gods in Cata because they had all their healing buffed out the !@#$%^- to accommodate the rated/arena community while nowhere near as many people play on that level at all. What did this do to non rated? Do you remember how Cata was for anyone that was a healer?

Funny how when you read the commentary here it's all about making this game a FPS instead of a strategic group based combat game.

How many times do we have to hear "But, it's hard to kill healers - I don't want to have to target them first and properly use my abilities - I just want to click and kill..." before it's FPS time for WoW.

Healing and CC make this a non FPS game - granted CC is overkill now - but continue to nerf healing and it will just be a a bunch of DPS'ers click killing everything - and you may as well pay for a license from the publisher and make this Call of Duty Ancient warfare.

Don't even give me that BS. You as a healer expect to sit on your *!@ in the back row untouched. This is your complaint. People focus you and like anyone else.. YOU DIE. It's okay if I as a hunter get focused by three people I should instantly die. But you? Oh no, you're supposed to be a God so of course you get all hurt about this. It's just funny. For someone who wants to say "This isn't strategic" you neglect the fact you have partners who can stun, root, snare, or peel off you. Why aren't they protecting you "Oh master of strategy"?
Reply Quote
95 Night Elf Priest
I think the idea is to get healers out of the game. Based on my short quere times for LFR I think it must be working.

PVE we get targeted for fuel rationing, but no one else does.

Now we are targeted in PVP. I really have not known much about PVP for awhile now, so my perception could be way off. But it seems there is a bias against healing.

Obviously, the game will be better with healers becoming rarer and rarer.

Maybe the developers should just go ahead and do what they really seem to want to do and eliminate healing altogether.
Reply Quote
90 Blood Elf Paladin
People call for "nerf healers!" and yet they are probably the ones in the battlegrounds complaining "HEAL ME HEAL ME!" lol
Reply Quote
55 Night Elf Death Knight
A duo or more competent at using CC effectively can take a healer down effectively.

Found the problem at hand. Bolded/italicized. This doesn't exist much in randoms, and Blizzard caters to the masses.

Problem is players in questing/heroics gear with less than 5k HKs, that never even earned 1k Conquest, think they should be able to faceroll a healer without putting in any thought or real effort. Just armory some of the people in this thread complaining about "OP Heals" and you'll see what I mean.
Reply Quote
I really wonder how many of those in favor of this nerf ever actually played a healer in pvp.

I got news for you people: You're not to 1v1 a healer. I'ts not about them being like tanks, they're supposed to survive enough to heal not only themselves but also others... that's why they are healers, a support specialization.

Don't blame you, I didn't understand this myself till I played a pvp healer myself.

12/12/2012 05:02 AMPosted by Shylena
Maybe the developers should just go ahead and do what they really seem to want to do and eliminate healing altogether.

Sadly, this is what all this look like.

They keep trying to cater to those that complain about how they can kill a healer 1v1 and even ignoring how their own game mechanics work.
Reply Quote
90 Draenei Paladin
12/12/2012 05:03 AMPosted by Pryde
People call for "nerf healers!" and yet they are probably the ones in the battlegrounds complaining "HEAL ME HEAL ME!" lol

"WHY NO HAELS?????"
Reply Quote
29 Human Paladin
12/12/2012 05:03 AMPosted by Pryde

^ this

Don't even give me that BS. You as a healer expect to sit on your *!@ in the back row untouched. This is your complaint. People focus you and like anyone else.. YOU DIE. It's okay if I as a hunter get focused by three people I should instantly die. But you? Oh no, you're supposed to be a God so of course you get all hurt about this. It's just funny. For someone who wants to say "This isn't strategic" you neglect the fact you have partners who can stun, root, snare, or peel off you. Why aren't they protecting you "Oh master of strategy"?

Coming from a Hunter .....oh, a BM hunter? Why don't you try healing a bg and see exactly how "EASY" it is to keep yourself up ...against, oh let's say .....a BM humter?!?!
Reply Quote
100 Night Elf Hunter

lol what. i focus healers and they ignore me like i ignore a rogue. a two player focus should spell death for any class in the game. not insta gib, but also not the healer laughing for two minutes until they get help.
Edited by Oniana on 12/12/2012 5:12 AM PST
Reply Quote
100 Human Paladin
This makes me glad I've totally abandoned any PvP this expansion.
Reply Quote
1 Troll Rogue

So, healers should just roll over and die when they see the enemy.

Check.

Seriously, try healing. CC is cheap. You'll never make it out of chain silence/stun/cc. Getting one cast off is a miracle.

Now you are talking it's all 3 v 1. In that scenario you need to die. Period. Why is it fair that I go against 3 dps and I die but a healer should be able to take a beating in the face from 3 people and survive? If you are having all this done to you in group based play where is your team CC? Where are your peels and roots? Why is your team not doing their job protecting you? Why do so many healers have this mentality that they should be the deciding factor in every fight as a healer by just showing up? "Oh I joined this 3's group and because I'm here unless everyone drops what they are doing and focuses me I shouldn't even need to shield myself." Give me a break.

You act as though training the healer is as hard as getting peels from your team.
Focusing the healer = one addon.
Getting peels = someone make an addon?
Please, dps have it easymode, have always had it easymode, and will always have it easymode.
Reply Quote
86 Gnome Priest
I know PVP Matters at low levels but right now I heal and dps like a boss in PVP (heal better in PVP of course) When I was at 55 or 56 yesterday and I was in EotS and I was healing my group while a 58 DK was targetting me and I was able to DPS him down and keep myself up over half the whole time. To add insult to injury I also /bye to him just before I casted penance and Killed him.
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]