PvP healing Nerfed again!

90 Troll Priest
Expressing the complexity of my thoughts on the matter is difficult so I'll try to do so adequately.

Ultimately healing did need a nerf - but not right now. Here's why:

Burst is insane and PvP is very burst-centric at the moment. In order to balance PvP for the majority of people and increase the enjoyment of PvP, sustained damage needs to be improved and burst needs to be lowered. When that happens, healing would need to be nerfed to be proportionate to damage.

Burst really should be the first thing to be addressed, healing should have waited until after that was addressed.

Which is what they said they were going to do. I guess I'll shut up now before I'm accused of twisting the statements of blues.
Reply Quote

Which is what they said they were going to do. I guess I'll shut up now before I'm accused of twisting the statements of blues.

I'm certainly not going to accuse you of any such thing, I'm not really here to argue and debate semantics. If Blizzard indicated they were going to do something, they likely will. My only point is that the healing adjustment should have waited until after the damage adjustment strictly from a logical standpoint.

I, however, am not the designer or developer of World of Warcraft and what I personally think should have been done is based on what little information and knowledge I actually possess. I will never make a claim otherwise.
Reply Quote
90 Night Elf Rogue
You shouldn't need a group of people to kill ONE person- WHILE said person was keeping his/her whole team alive simultaneously
Reply Quote
90 Troll Priest
I thought healers were rubbish in pvp. Was in there before on my weak lock. Not sure who, but someone was healing me for 200-300k over and over. Only thing that kept me alive.
Reply Quote
90 Troll Priest

I'm certainly not going to accuse you of any such thing, I'm not really here to argue and debate semantics. If Blizzard indicated they were going to do something, they likely will. My only point is that the healing adjustment should have waited until after the damage adjustment strictly from a logical standpoint.

I, however, am not the designer or developer of World of Warcraft and what I personally think should have been done is based on what little information and knowledge I actually possess. I will never make a claim otherwise.

I didn't mean to insinuate you were going to accuse me, but Blizzard did say they were going to work on the burst damage first, then adjust healing.

Blues have been known to withhold certain things, until they go live, for fear of it being taken the wrong way and/or being twisted to mean whatever the reader wants it to.

I don't know how many ways you can take, and this is not verbatim, "We are looking at toning down burst damage, then we will be looking at healing."

They've also been known to say something like "We feel burst is fine."

All the contradictory statements make me wonder, "Do they even know what they are trying to do?"
Edited by Sendji on 12/12/2012 6:58 AM PST
Reply Quote
90 Draenei Shaman
12/12/2012 05:47 AMPosted by Llyss
invincible

I wish this were true. I joined some bg's and if I am able to sit back and free cast your right I'm not going to die and it may seem that I am "Invincible", but that is just people playing bad.
Reply Quote
90 Human Monk
And? PvP heals are just out of control still. It is one thing in the game that directly scales well without PvP power...

Not true. No PvP gear? You get smashed into the ground and your heals, spammed, can't keep anyone alive.

Since they nerfed healing, maybe now they'll take a look at the INSANE amount of CC and nerf some of that, especially the classes who do massive damage and kill you before the silence can even wear off.

Whomever is in charge of trying to "balance" PvP is failing miserably.
Reply Quote
90 Troll Priest
12/12/2012 05:47 AMPosted by Llyss
The role of healer doesn't say "Can take more damage than a tank and heal just as much"

Judging from that statement alone, I can definitely tell that you have never played a healer in PVP; that or you had three people in questing greens banging on your epics the entire match, not able to make hardly a dent.

It doesn't say that because we can't. It may appear that we can, but that's because we are able to self-heal as we should be, or we're being hit by multiple people 70 ilvls below us. Have you seen how decent frost dks, arms warriors, warlocks, etc.. are hitting us for half our health or more in one blow? Yeah, that's not tank mitigation.
Edited by Sendji on 12/12/2012 7:00 AM PST
Reply Quote
90 Gnome Priest
This is why i have quit PvP for the indefinite future.

Absolute rubbish. The state of PvP and PvP healing is absolutely terrible and I want no part in it.

I wish i had the ambition to explain why PvP healing is horrible. But all these Huntards and fools will simply scream "NO U" ignore the facts and continue to drink that ignorance Kool-Aid

Not wasting my time. I know people agree with me, and others wont.
Edited by Ipsum on 12/12/2012 6:58 AM PST
Reply Quote
90 Human Death Knight
You shouldn't need a group of people to kill ONE person.

Death Knights?

Lol.
Reply Quote
90 Worgen Hunter
That too, yes. Thank you.

No problem.

Um, no. SOME burst is still insane, most of us have already been nerfed significantly and now have pathetic burst as well as pathetic sustained. I'd rather have a few DPS classes be overpowered than have most of them be completely incapable of taking down decent healers. They did nerf Mage and Warrior burst, at the same time, too.

In which way hunters... particularly BM hunters have been nerfed? They still can press a macro to burst someone down in a few seconds.

Again... if you think you should be able to kill a healer 1v1, sorry but you're mistaken.

Are you joking? BM Hunters have had Stampede nerfed twice (healing and damage) and bug fixed once post nerf, Rabid nerfed (significantly cutting our main pet burst and Stampede burst), Lynx Rush nerfed (so that it's now useless for burst) and Bestial Wrath nerfed (so that now our pets can be easily CCed when bursting). If you're getting burst down by a Hunter, particularly if you have any sort of AoE snare/fear/slow/disorient, you're terrible at WoW. A Bestial Wrath pet should never be hitting you and Stampede shouldn't be touching you for even half of the duration.

Um, no. SOME burst is still insane, most of us have already been nerfed significantly and now have pathetic burst as well as pathetic sustained. I'd rather have a few DPS classes be overpowered than have most of them be completely incapable of taking down decent healers. They did nerf Mage and Warrior burst, at the same time, too.

Sigh. Yes, you are correct in that it's "some" burst and not all. You appear to mostly agree though, sustained damage needs to be improved and the remaining burst needs to be brought down reasonably.

After that occurred, healing would need to be addressed but healing needs to always be proportionate to damage. High burst damage means high burst healing. Good burst and solid sustained damage means good burst healing and solid sustained healing. The two should be comparable.

You missed the point. The point is that healing wasn't okay because not all of us have overpowered burst. The classes that didn't (basically everyone besides Locks, Mages and Warriors) had no reliable way to get people down around healers with how much they were healing for at the moment. If everyone's burst was out of control, I'd agree with you completely and say nerf burst then nerf healing. That was not the case, so nerfing healing and starting to nerf burst is the best move.

Overpowered damage makes the game less fun, but overpowered healing makes it completely unplayable.
Edited by Peverell on 12/12/2012 7:25 AM PST
Reply Quote
90 Worgen Hunter
And? PvP heals are just out of control still. It is one thing in the game that directly scales well without PvP power and there was a Q&A on MMO Champion where GC states the development team doesn't believe you should have to CC stun a healer into oblivion to score a kill. You shouldn't need a group of people to kill ONE person.

It's true lol, healers shouldn't be like tanks in the sense that it takes a good few dps to kill one.

Have you met my shaman friends? I'm sure you and them would like to discuss the current situation on class balancing and who has it worse.

3 Huntards who couldn't break 1550 riding the bugged, OP train trying to talk about balancing Healers. Go figure.

I wonder when people will realize that "didn't do something" and "couldn't do something" aren't even remotely the same thing. I've never done MC on my 85 Shaman. Am I incapable of it?
Reply Quote

You missed the point. The point is that healing wasn't okay because not all of us have overpowered burst. The classes that didn't (basically everyone besides Locks, Mages and Warriors) had no reliable way to get people down around healers with how much they were healing for at the moment. If everyone's burst was out of control, I'd agree with you completely and say nerf burst then nerf healing. That was not the case, so nerfing healing and starting to nerf burst is the best move.

Overpowered damage makes the game less fun, but overpowered healing makes it completely unplayable.

Perhaps. We both agree on the end goal and the method, just not necessarily the order. Blizzard chose to take this path and I can only assume they did so with good information to go on, so I'll accept that.
Reply Quote
90 Undead Rogue
fought a pally today, got him down to 3% hp, he bubbles 100% heal stuns me, im squished, dead.

Thank the lord blizzard christ
Reply Quote
fought a pally today, got him down to 3% hp, he bubbles 100% heal stuns me, im squished, dead.

Thank the lord blizzard christ

Trinket. Gouge. Vanish.
Reply Quote
60 Human Paladin
between heals and bubbles, Lay on Hands would be off of cooldown before 3%
Reply Quote
90 Undead Rogue
Yea I didn't have trinket. :( but this fight still wasn't on an even scale. I know pallies are a rogue Counter class, but the fact of the matter is, Healing is way out of proportion for a pally to kill a rogue with 100% after a 2 minute battle. period.
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]