This is balanced damage?

31 Blood Elf Monk
12/12/2012 10:35 AMPosted by Legend
imo after reading some post, I think that the problem is that your very undergeared compared to him. Once you get full malevolent that won't happen anymore.

Too bad with the dumb as all hell upgrade system he's never going to get the same gear that that guy has!
Reply Quote
90 Orc Warlock
12/12/2012 10:39 AMPosted by Ruxpin
When you see him go read, stun him and roll away. It's not very complicated.

And when the stun wears off, he charges and globals you.

And if you CC him again, maybe he'll trinket then charge and global you.
Edited by Vreivai on 12/12/2012 10:45 AM PST
Reply Quote
90 Night Elf Warrior
If you read, the heroic slam and first slam ALONE were over 300k damage. That by itself is ridiculous... Count in the next global and it is over 400k damage in 2 global cooldowns.

You count that as fair? That is a SINGLE player doing 300k in 1 global, 400k in 2. If his partner threw even 1 or 2 damaging spells I could have died in the first global.

It's not about the fact that it took 2 global to finish me from 1 player, its the fact that a warrior did over 300k in 1.

It's a freaking 12 sec window once every 5 mins. Mages can do it every 30 seconds. You could disarm, root/snare, stun, hex the crap out of him when you see the warrior going big and red or has swirly red things around him(Yeah, that's recklessness).

I think Blizzard is clear with what they want. Warriors will be powerhouses once in every 5 mins, but during that time, they will be vulnerable to nearly every CC. It's your fault if you can't stop it. The guy who hit you, like most silly warriors hasn't specced into a root breaker safeguard but instead wasted it on MSR making him completely vulnerable to slows and roots.

I bet you thought WTH and decided to go toe to toe against the warrior when he had his CD's up and died and now you're all over the forums crying like a baby. Yeah, saw your post in the warrior forums as well.
Reply Quote
My frost bomb deep shatter isn't OP guys, you can just stop it XDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDD jk damage like that isn't ok and you shouldn't be ok with it.
Reply Quote
90 Pandaren Monk
It's not about the fact that it is able to be countered... it's the fact that the damage is even possible. Even if I was in full malevolent with the bonus HP and resil, those 2 globals would have killed me. He did 70k overkill.

And about running away.. that isn't always an option when they have as much or more mobility than monks.. or if he simply shockwaved me and THEN popped it. You all seem to forget that there isn't always an opportunity to escape. If there was, no one would ever die.
Reply Quote
90 Pandaren Monk
If you read, the heroic slam and first slam ALONE were over 300k damage. That by itself is ridiculous... Count in the next global and it is over 400k damage in 2 global cooldowns.

You count that as fair? That is a SINGLE player doing 300k in 1 global, 400k in 2. If his partner threw even 1 or 2 damaging spells I could have died in the first global.

It's not about the fact that it took 2 global to finish me from 1 player, its the fact that a warrior did over 300k in 1.

It's a freaking 12 sec window once every 5 mins. Mages can do it every 30 seconds. You could disarm, root/snare, stun, hex the crap out of him when you see the warrior going big and red or has swirly red things around him(Yeah, that's recklessness).

I think Blizzard is clear with what they want. Warriors will be powerhouses once in every 5 mins, but during that time, they will be vulnerable to nearly every CC. It's your fault if you can't stop it. The guy who hit you, like most silly warriors hasn't specced into a root breaker safeguard but instead wasted it on MSR making him completely vulnerable to slows and roots.

I bet you thought WTH and decided to go toe to toe against the warrior when he had his CD's up and died and now you're all over the forums crying like a baby. Yeah, saw your post in the warrior forums as well.

You seem to be the type of player that relies on 1 shot macros to kill. I think everyone will agree that even without dps cooldowns warriors can put out serious pressure. And if you read the initial post, we had them on the defensive for the first few minutes.

Why should every other class in the game have to run with their tail between their legs in fear of being globaled due to RNG?

Either way, that TFB crap will be hotfix nerfed soon, and cooldown stacking will be nerfed.
Reply Quote

This is why there aren't 1 on 1 Arenas and you should plan your team strategy accordingly.
Reply Quote
90 Human Warrior
12/12/2012 10:53 AMPosted by Kuan
I think everyone will agree that even without dps cooldowns warriors can put out serious pressure.

You're doing it wrong
Reply Quote
12/12/2012 10:53 AMPosted by Kuan
Why should every other class in the game have to run with their tail between their legs in fear of being globaled due to RNG?

in what world are warriors the only class able to do that kind of burst
Reply Quote
90 Pandaren Monk
12/12/2012 11:14 AMPosted by Dummyslash
I think everyone will agree that even without dps cooldowns warriors can put out serious pressure.

You're doing it wrong

Could say the same to you
Reply Quote
90 Human Warrior
12/12/2012 10:37 AMPosted by Homiejackson
Dont nerf me bro!
no. i don't usually go out of my way to stress out about things i have no control over. seeing as how this thought even came in to your head to say to me, you more than likely can't say the same. also, in no way did i say the damage was fine, i simply said there are things one can do about it.
Reply Quote
90 Undead Mage

in what world are warriors the only class able to do that kind of burst

In the World of Warcraft.....
Reply Quote
90 Night Elf Druid
12/12/2012 10:44 AMPosted by Vreivai
When you see him go read, stun him and roll away. It's not very complicated.

Pretty much this.
Reply Quote
1 Gnome Priest
How many stacks of Taste for Blood were there? It got hotfixed to only be a single stack in PvP, so Heroic Strike won't hit like a truck in PvP anymore.
Reply Quote
80 Human Priest
Warriors are a joke for WW monks to deal with. The only time a warrior really has a chance is during shockwave.

Between disable root, disarm, leg sweep, fist of fury, and paralysis, it's super easy for a monk to control a warrior during their burst. Monks probably are the best in the game at controlling warriors.
Reply Quote
90 Orc Warrior
mm, yea the damage is still abit to high... that said. you're almost full blue, while that guy is sporting full purple. =/ the extra stam/resil goes a long way.

totally fine with them bringing warrior damage down some if I can get back some utility. wtb gag order on heroic throw.
Reply Quote
80 Human Priest
deal with it

you are wearing mostly blue,

Well in fairness even with 6% more resilience and 15,000 more hps (pretty much his stats if he was in full t2), the warrior still would have killed him with a bit of overkill to spare.
Reply Quote
90 Human Warrior
This just happened in the first 2-3 minutes of a match against warrior/druid

We had complete control over them from beginning up until I saw the warrior go red and LITERALLY global me.

Why is this even in the game?

http://i.imgur.com/xh4Zl.jpg?1

I don't think the tfb stack nerf is live from I heard from other peoepl and seen from other SS. It is still stacking to 3.

Going to try it when I get home. There is no way 190k is from a stack of tfb. Trust me. I have T2 and it doesn't hit that hard. A stack of tfb HS = MS dmg.
Edited by Mikeifgf on 12/12/2012 11:55 AM PST
Reply Quote
90 Human Warrior
12/12/2012 11:17 AMPosted by Kuan

I'll apologize as my first comment was a little dickish. I disagree that you're going to get many unbiased people to agree that a warrior's damage outside of cooldowns is especially problematic. To be fair, that can be said about most classes. In fact, I think it's fair to say that healers aren't having much difficulty dealing with sustained damage from any class, outside of frost bombs every 10 seconds if the target is frozen.

I think the general consensus is that warrior burst is out of control. I tend to agree, even after the numerous nerfs we have taken over the last couple months. I'm not going to try and justify a 300k global, and I'm sure that won't continue much longer either.

Please remember though that every screenshot you see on the forums attached to a 10 page thread is of a warrior who popped a 5 minute cooldown, two 3 minute cooldowns, and a pvp trinket. In many cases, most of those warriors were allowedto sit on their target for as long as it took to build up 5 (or 3 more recently) stacks of taste for blood, because warrior sustained damage was not perceived as a threat. Teams payed no attention to the stacking buff, which more often than not took minutes and minutes to accumulate.

Against better teams, any time I hit 2 stacks of tfb they would immediately go into control/kite mode until my stacks dropped. When playing warrior teams, if you aren't anticipating the burst that will be coming (it's not a mystery anymore) and planning your cooldowns accordingly then you are likely going to find yourself in trouble. If you are able to counter the 5 minute cooldown superhero window, then you really shouldn't have much difficulty with pressure (for another 5 minutes). If you are having trouble keeping up with warrior sustained, non-cooldown damage, then I would attribute it to either a gear or skill mismatch.
Reply Quote
90 Human Warrior
12/12/2012 11:53 AMPosted by Dummyslash

I'll apologize as my first comment was a little dickish. I disagree that you're going to get many unbiased people to agree that a warrior's damage outside of cooldowns is especially problematic. To be fair, that can be said about most classes. In fact, I think it's fair to say that healers aren't having much difficulty dealing with sustained damage from any class, outside of frost bombs every 10 seconds if the target is frozen.

I think the general consensus is that warrior burst is out of control. I tend to agree, even after the numerous nerfs we have taken over the last couple months. I'm not going to try and justify a 300k global, and I'm sure that won't continue much longer either.

Please remember though that every screenshot you see on the forums attached to a 10 page thread is of a warrior who popped a 5 minute cooldown, two 3 minute cooldowns, and a pvp trinket. In many cases, most of those warriors were allowedto sit on their target for as long as it took to build up 5 (or 3 more recently) stacks of taste for blood, because warrior sustained damage was not perceived as a threat. Teams payed no attention to the stacking buff, which more often than not took minutes and minutes to accumulate.

Against better teams, any time I hit 2 stacks of tfb they would immediately go into control/kite mode until my stacks dropped. When playing warrior teams, if you aren't anticipating the burst that will be coming (it's not a mystery anymore) and planning your cooldowns accordingly then you are likely going to find yourself in trouble. If you are able to counter the 5 minute cooldown superhero window, then you really shouldn't have much difficulty with pressure (for another 5 minutes). If you are having trouble keeping up with warrior sustained, non-cooldown damage, then I would attribute it to either a gear or skill mismatch.

Doesn't matter. It is bugged. It isn't supposed to stack to 3 anymore, but still is. It will get fixed.
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]